Martin Samuel - again

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

KP got the shit he did because he's not English. I appreciate that's not racism, but it's a form of xenophobia for sure. And there's a crossover.

He got the shit he did because he constantly fell out with other England players/coaches.
His biggest bust up was with Strauss, the captain at the time, also foreign born.

... who famously called Pietersen “an absolute cunt” on live TV, not realising his mic was still on.

Not usually given to hyperbole or sensationalism, Andrew Strauss.

KP got the shit he did because he's not English. I appreciate that's not racism, but it's a form of xenophobia for sure.
OT yes but this needs to be said, it's not xenophobic because the purpose of representing a country is that you represent one you have a true association with either by birth, ancestry or in Farah's case because he is a naturalised citizen. It is hugely disappointing when for example the cricket, rugby or athletic teams(etc) select people without a true allegiance to the country they are going to represent simply because it gives the team a stronger chance of victory.

OT yes but this needs to be said, it's not xenophobic because the purpose of representing a country is that you represent one you have a true association with either by birth, ancestry or in Farah's case because he is a naturalised citizen. It is hugely disappointing when for example the cricket, rugby or athletic teams(etc) select people without a true allegiance to the country they are going to represent simply because it gives the team a stronger chance of victory.

"It's not xenophobic" is the correct answer regarding KP, but your reasoning is completely wrong.

KP was not selected because of his run ins with Strauss.
Both were foreign born, in South Africa, and therefore i'm not sure how Strauss can be Xenophobic.

"It's not xenophobic" is the correct answer regarding KP, but your reasoning is completely wrong.

KP was not selected because of his run ins with Strauss.
Both were foreign born, in South Africa, and therefore i'm not sure how Strauss can be Xenophobic.
Although KP was the example given I was talking about xenophobia in general I thought that was apparent when I spoke of other sports.

Excellent, so a Daily Mail article suggests Wilder talked about legal challenges when all he said was that it was a matter for the owners to discuss rather than him, Mail prints article declaring we could seek legal challenge, and while the rest of the media has moved on, now the journalist tub of lard himself has written about it at the same paper.

I would absolutely love to see what happens if the only club raising a legal challenge next month are a freshly-relegated West Ham.
Kevin Keegan.
"An ahhm telling her Nas..aaahd love it me if..."...hahaha great memories of his anger at Ferguson.😀😅

Back
Top Bottom