Mark Duffy - Three in Four

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony_Kaufman

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's
Reaction score
Whilst a lot media attention in the last week has rightfully fallen on Norwood for his three back to back promotions to the Premiership, it seems to have slipped by that this is Mark Duffy's third promotion in four seasons.

Before signing for the Blades he helped get Burton promoted from League One to the Championship before being released by parent club Birmingham. Burton then didn't sign him, assuming they didn't think he could make the step up.

He then signed for the Blades and achieved a successive promotion to the Championship. Roll on two seasons and Burton are back in League One, and the player they seemingly rejected as not being good enough for the Championship is now celebrating promotion to the top flight, where he is likely going to be given an opportunity to prove himself.

Well done Duffy. Three out of four ain't bad.

George Moncur has just won promotions with both Barnsley and Luton this year. Played for Barnsley until January, then moved to Luton.

George Moncur has just won promotions with both Barnsley and Luton this year. Played for Barnsley until January, then moved to Luton.
Who hives a fuck about that tin pot pub league. We're way beyond that now and nearly, I say nearly back where we should be in the natural order of things.
COYRAWWW.
AHHHRRR.

And no there's not.

Whilst a lot media attention in the last week has rightfully fallen on Norwood for his three back to back promotions to the Premiership, it seems to have slipped by that this is Mark Duffy's third promotion in four seasons.

Before signing for the Blades he helped get Burton promoted from League One to the Championship before being released by parent club Birmingham. Burton then didn't sign him, assuming they didn't think he could make the step up.

He then signed for the Blades and achieved a successive promotion to the Championship. Roll on two seasons and Burton are back in League One, and the player they seemingly rejected as not being good enough for the Championship is now celebrating promotion to the top flight, where he is likely going to be given an opportunity to prove himself.

Well done Duffy. Three out of four ain't bad.
Pretty sure burton went In for him but he picked us

Anyone else wish his Dad would do one from Blades social media?

Referring to Herr Wilder, now slagging McBurnie off saying 'he's done fuck all' and shouting about players on £50k a week giving it large which is why Mark kicked off.

Worse is that a few suck up to him about it all.

Referring to Herr Wilder, now slagging McBurnie off saying 'he's done fuck all' and shouting about players on £50k a week giving it large which is why Mark kicked off.

Alot of people on my Facebook are friends with Phillip and i don't know why. He does seem bitter along with Mark's lass... Their loss not ours.

I'm sure it's all in his sons best interest and not because Duff promised him a new Merc or something when the formality of his new contract getting sorted was over 👀

I'd have fucked him off too if I was the manager and he came in calling his teammates wasters when they'd only been here a couple of weeks, if that's true.

It's a shame people spoil it for themselves and allow their parents a platform to talk and air their private conversations. Most love the attention they get from it too its really f'cking weird.

Not sure what's been said but he'd be well advised to keep his council - there's no place for bringing the club into disrepute or for knocking his son's dignity.

Not sure what's been said but he'd be well advised to keep his council - there's no place for bringing the club into disrepute or for knocking his son's dignity.
Agree.

I don’t do all this Facebook thing but if that’s true then in my opinion he should reign it in.

He needs to put things into perspective. Player approaches boss asks for an improved contract, boss says no, player decides to look elsewhere.

Has this happened to hundreds of players over the years? Yes
Does the boss tend to have the final say? Yes
Is the player within his right to seek a move? Yes
Do I wish Duffy good luck in his last few years. Yes
Does a part of me wish he had an opportunity to play some Premier league minutes for us? Yes
Should life for Sheffield United and Mark Duffy carry on regardless? Yes

Could someone please point me in the direction where Duffy himself has been mouthing off about the circumstances of him leaving the Lane. I've read of his dad's and wife's versions, Wilder's version and that of umpteen posters on this forum. But not one where a direct quote can be attributed first hand to Duffy himself.

S24SU's version of a kangaroo court.

In retrospect, and looking at the matter on purely a cost/benefit basis, there's certainly an argument to say although his powers were on the wane, we'd have been better banging Duffy an extra £10k a week for 2 yrs, at a total cost to us of £1m, knowing he can come on for the last 20 mins of games and play the 'Duffy role' & possibly create/score a few goals in the process, than spend £5m + wages on someone who can't/doesn't, especially as the 'Duffy role' has been vital to our success during the last three seasons, and we now seem to be missing that type of player and at the end of the season an extra 3 or 4 goals giving us an extra 3 or 4 points might make all the difference.

Could someone please point me in the direction where Duffy himself has been mouthing off about the circumstances of him leaving the Lane. I've read of his dad's and wife's versions, Wilder's version and that of umpteen posters on this forum. But not one where a direct quote can be attributed first hand to Duffy himself.

S24SU's version of a kangaroo court.
Wilders version is canon. he is the manager. nothing else matters

In retrospect, and looking at the matter on purely a cost/benefit basis, there's certainly an argument to say although his powers were on the wane, we'd have been better banging Duffy an extra £10k a week for 2 yrs, at a total cost to us of £1m, knowing he can come on for the last 20 mins of games and play the 'Duffy role' & possibly create/score a few goals in the process, than spend £5m + wages on someone who can't/doesn't, especially as the 'Duffy role' has been vital to our success during the last three seasons, and we now seem to be missing that type of player and at the end of the season an extra 3 or 4 goals giving us an extra 3 or 4 points might make all the difference.
Who's to say he wouldn't have got that , he jumped the gun and it's obvious Wilder wont tolerate players dictating to him.
It was a disappointment to us fans and probably the players and coaching staff .
He was a big part of what we achieved and his experience playing our way would have been valuable integrating all these recruits..
He will regret it now but Wilder had to show he made decisions not players.

Who's to say he wouldn't have got that , he jumped the gun and it's obvious Wilder wont tolerate players dictating to him.
It was a disappointment to us fans and probably the players and coaching staff .
He was a big part of what we achieved and his experience playing our way would have been valuable integrating all these recruits..
He will regret it now but Wilder had to show he made decisions not players.

Didn't him and his wife make comments before? It's possible that Wilder had had enough and the demands made - whatever they were - were the last straw.

Do we just like Wilder to be tough with the board and players who aren't crowd favourites?

Vengeance and rubbing his nose in it for good measure is far more important than United's success (or lack of it) on the football pitch.

Back
Top Bottom