Player Suggestion Marcus Edwards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
20yo english lad who plays in Portugal following leaving Tottenham on free transfer, plays Winger/Cam (yes... two positions we don’t play) but if you look at his playing style, he drops in deep linking the midfield with intelligent passing and dribbling. an heir to Didzy?

He initially left Tottenham for first team football which is a big tick in my eyes, Reportedly has a 15m eur release clause in his contract, he scored 7 and assisted 9 this season and thus has been linked with going back to Tottenham but could we offer guarantees of development and first team football to pip them?

Interesting suggestion. Was it Poch that called him Mini-Messi or something?

I'm not sure why we'd be guaranteeing starts to a player who doesn't fit into our style of play?

I'm not sure why we'd be guaranteeing starts to a player who doesn't fit into our style of play?

Did you not read the post? It’s obvious that the OP was suggesting that CWAK could offer more with regard to his development.
And the OP also stated that he viewed him as a long term Didzy successor.

yeah i guess i am taking a punt in that he could drop deep linking midfield and attack, though what do i know my football tactics experience is limited to football manager 😂

he does seem like a very talented player who could open up defences, something we need... when i saw 15m eur release clause that really opened my eyes, we might actually be able to chase this lad with our budget

Dont know anything about him, tidy highlights reel though looks like he has good decision making and vision. See why the OP is suggesting he could develop into the didzy role. The heavy left foot dependence is always something that concerns me, if your going to be a link man id need to see some reasonable competence on his other peg aswell. Also not much tape there to understand what hes like in the air.

That said looks like he would add creativity for sure and for 12 million quid, given Ezes gone for the guts of 20 would on the face of it appear to represent good business.

Wont happen but Id class this as a great shout OP

Dont know anything about him, tidy highlights reel though looks like he has good decision making and vision. See why the OP is suggesting he could develop into the didzy role. The heavy left foot dependence is always something that concerns me, if your going to be a link man id need to see some reasonable competence on his other peg aswell. Also not much tape there to understand what hes like in the air.

That said looks like he would add creativity for sure and for 12 million quid, given Ezes gone for the guts of 20 would on the face of it appear to represent good business.

Wont happen but Id class this as a great shout OP
Likewise, know nothing about him, other than these clips. Does have a heavy left foot bias, might get a bit predictable, although a few clips of him going down the outside. Seems to occupy that right midfield/attacking right side role. Obviously the standard of opposition needs to be taken into account. The one thing that he/someone like him would offer us which we don't currently have is that really direct, attacking approach, taking players on at every opportunity, getting us up the pitch. I'd hope there was space in the team/squad for this type of player.

Back
Top Bottom