Player Suggestion Marcos Rojo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
I don't normally do "suggestions", but, Rojo is a LCB and won't be in Man Utd's 25-man squad. Maybe a loan deal could be had.

I guess he's on a fair wedge though

It gets a bit boring when I look at every suggestion on here and think "we won't pay his wages". Is it us or them in the wrong?

It gets a bit boring when I look at every suggestion on here and think "we won't pay his wages". Is it us or them in the wrong?
Them. If we want the wagebill of the Manchester clubs, we can't afford to upgrade the facilites. We will then be like Bournemouth if we ever go down, on the verge of ruin and with nothing to show for our time in the top flight.

I don't normally do "suggestions", but, Rojo is a LCB and won't be in Man Utd's 25-man squad. Maybe a loan deal could be had.

I guess he's on a fair wedge though
If he's not in their plans or 25 man squad, then CWAK should be picking up the phone and chucking in a cheeky loan offer. He's reported to be on 80k pw, offer to pay 30k. Worse thing they can do is say no

Hope he defends better than he makes toast

Attachments

• 41134260-8FB0-4BA9-927E-4E51099A1F5D.jpeg
    41134260-8FB0-4BA9-927E-4E51099A1F5D.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 51
Can only loan 2 players from premier league clubs can't you so this is likely bullshit

Left sided defender thats better than Robinson but is prone to real errors and a poor fitness record. A potential 50/50 signing if true.

He picks up a lot of injuries, think he's a bit past his peak. Would rather we went for someone who has played regularly recently.

Ben Davies from PNE can negotiate a free move for himself in January so we could get him cheaply. Jake Cooper another option.

Conceded off two headers again last night. It's a recurring theme this season. We need a presence at the back.

Isn't Rojo a bit of a fraud? Was in the Argentina squad who were very short of quality defenders. Got an underserved move to a clueless Man Utd who were equally short in that department, merely because they thought an Argentine international must be good.

Has he ever built a reputation as a good player there? Or had a spell of good games?

Just had a failed loan back in Argentina and now they can't give him away.

I'd rather play Jack Robinson. Who's also on a tenth of Rojo's obscene wage, approximately.

Isn't Rojo a bit of a fraud? Was in the Argentina squad who were very short of quality defenders. Got an underserved move to a clueless Man Utd who were equally short in that department, merely because they thought an Argentine international must be good.

Has he ever built a reputation as a good player there? Or had a spell of good games?

Just had a failed loan back in Argentina and now they can't give him away.

I'd rather play Jack Robinson. Who's also on a tenth of Rojo's obscene wage, approximately.
If that’s the case I can see us signing him

Am I reading correctly that people would rather have Jack Robinson that Marcos Rojo at LCB?

Wow.

I know its apparently 'cool' and fashionable to be dead against non-British players who have earned a lot of money, but come on, he's an Argentinian international, played at the highest levels of club football - is a left back/centre half - loves a tackle and getting forward, tailor made for our system, hasn't got a history of tantrums even though he has been messed about by several managers.

But Jack Robinson is a better option...

Started career at LB, moved to CB and utilised best as a LCB. Yes not top 4/6 quality but would definitely be a very good loan for us for the second half of the season. Plus he's not in the Man Utd squad so probably will only be paying up to half his wages.

To be honest, surprised we were not linked with before deadline day. Makes total sense!

Started career at LB, moved to CB and utilised best as a LCB. Yes not top 4/6 quality but would definitely be a very good loan for us for the second half of the season. Plus he's not in the Man Utd squad so probably will only be paying up to half his wages.

To be honest, surprised we were not linked with before deadline day. Makes total sense!
Out of contract next summer too.

Injury prone, questions about his temperament, plenty of errors in the past. Not dominant in the air, the main problem we have at the moment and won't have kicked a ball in anger this season when January comes around so will take time to get up to speed. All that for £40k a week!

Not the solution IMO but suggests we are scraping around if we are seriously looking at him. We can solve the problem of LCB by paying out for Jake Cooper with his added goal threat, scored again at the week end. He has all the attributes to be JOC's like for like replacement

Injury prone, questions about his temperament, plenty of errors in the past. Not dominant in the air, the main problem we have at the moment and won't have kicked a ball in anger this season when January comes around so will take time to get up to speed. All that for £40k a week!

Not the solution IMO but suggests we are scraping around if we are seriously looking at him. We can solve the problem of LCB by paying out for Jake Cooper with his added goal threat, scored again at the week end. He has all the attributes to be JOC's like for like replacement

Cooper's not a marauding player that can cross. Not that good with the ball at his feet.
However, given we're struggling to get those overlaps going anyway we might as well tighten up at the back first and foremost. He'd definitely improve that. Particularly aerially.

Added benefit of being good cover for Egan & JOC

Last edited:
Cooper's not a marauding player that can cross. Not that good with the ball at his feet.
However, given we're struggling to get those overlaps going anyway we might as well tighten up at the back first and foremost. He'd definitely improve that. Particularly aerially.
I thought the same until Rowett took over at the Wall last season. He's playing with three at the back away from Home and Cooper is getting up the pitch JOC style and has a surprising level of skill with the ball at his feet hence my preference for someone who is currently playing the same way as Jack.

He picks up a lot of injuries, think he's a bit past his peak. Would rather we went for someone who has played regularly recently.

Ben Davies from PNE can negotiate a free move for himself in January so we could get him cheaply. Jake Cooper another option.

Conceded off two headers again last night. It's a recurring theme this season. We need a presence at the back.

Jake Cooper was the answer but sadly I don't think we we ever looked at him.

Sounds like we might be back in for him in January.
I'd be all for that

really surprised Man Utd are shipping him out, since they are desperate for a LCB themselves. I'd have thought they would give him a try.... but then again, if they can save 100k pw by loaning him then i'm sure they'd rather that option

But we'd pay 30k a week tops, plus a loan fee. Unless they really don't think anyone else will take him, they'd probably make us wait until late January.

Also... Is Rojo actually much good? I don't recall him ever having more than the occasional good game.

CW has pointed out that he wants players to come into the club in early January, I would hope deals are already sorted.

Back
Top Bottom