Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANU
MANU
MANU

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1592861636994.png v. 1592861644155.png
EPL Week 31 - Wednesday 24th June 2020 - Old Trafford

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/manchester-united-vs-sheffield-united.495/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Attwell
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Replacement Official: Robert Merchant

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 22.36.37.png

Does this harbour any clues????Screenshot_20200623-181803_Gmail.jpgfucking hope so!!!!!

naw they had Fleck on the Villa one and he didnt even play !

Lawro Prediction

2-0

So we will win good one ! Written off again lets sucker punch them!

This will be their third away game on the trot, which hardly helps matters either, so I will go with a Manchester United win here.

Muppet.

Well, after that piece of crap on Sunday, confidence in most of us fans is not very high. Remove most of your defence, including a keeper that shipped 3 goals for the first time this season against Newcastle in the last game, but arguably only questionable on 1, (my opinion) is going to increase the challenge. BTW I'm not remotely blaming Henderson. Quite the opposite, I wish he could play this evening.....

So on paper, we are going to struggle, however last time we conceded 3 in successive games was under Adkins....

Luckily football is not played on paper...

Anyway...

Any team news?

Mcgoldrick?

JOC?

is there any good news?

Clearly this is now not the game it would have been had WWII I mean Covid-19 not struck. However it's still 11 v 11 and Wilder will be on this. IMO Manure would have had an easier ride in this had we not lost 3 nil. Prediction I'm gonna skip. I'll go for an optimistic draw...

UTB

I'd snatch your hand off for a draw tonight. Gunna be a long 100 mins... Best hope is that we stay compact and defensive as if we open up with the pace we have at the back compared to their forward line, and having no Hendo, we could get ripped a new one. Stay in the game as long as possible and then go for it with 20 to go would be my game plan tonight.

I'm usually an optimist, but I also try and be a realist as well and I don't think we are going to get anything from this game tonight. It seems like Man Utd have got the bit between their teeth now and we look like we haven't got any teeth based on those last two performances.

I'm expecting us to put up a bit of stiff resistance for a while, but I just think in the end, their quality will show and I'm concerned tbh the way that heads went down when we went behind at Newcastle. If we do that at Old Trafford tonight they'll get 5 or 6.

This is a golden opportunity to put ourselves right back in the hunt for a Champion's League place. I hope the players have that target front of mind throughout the 90 minutes.

This is the game in the remaining fixtures that I thought we might be in for a bit of a hiding in, particularly after we did so well against them (and were the better team for 80 mins) at the Lane. I think they will want to shut us up once and for all and the physicality of Pogba with the creativity of Fernandes and recent 'god like' status of Rashford seems to have put them back up on their pedestal again. They have pace and they will be up for the game so I'm worried.

If we play as well as we did at home we've got a great chance though. I just think that if we're 3 out of the back 4 missing (JOC, Egan, Hendo) we will struggle to not concede at least 2 goals.

If we have a fit McGoldrick and Mousset then they need to start.

This is probably the first game of the season I’m not looking forward to if honest. The Man City & Liverpool games we went there full strength, and when we’ve had key absentees previously the replacements have come into teams in form, and the replacements themselves have been fully fit. If our usual XI are struggling to get up to speed, I’m not sure a half-fit Jagielka is really going to be able to cope.

I’d be delighted with a draw frankly.

Our recent games remind me of the Warnock Prem season - trying to keep it tight and hoping we might nick a goal rather than actively trying to get on top and win a game.

Exactly this and it’s what makes recent performances so much more frustrating. We’ve shown that we’re better than that

As fans we need to have the right atitude too. We've been poor in the first two games in different ways.
But our life in rhe PL will be full of ups and downs. Going to OT after our last showings is nerve wracking, but we should still be looking forward to it, it's one of rhe games that being in the PL is all about.
Imagining we would be going there confident of a victory puts us in Deludamol territory. It's going to be frickin hard and we are back to underdogs, where we've been for big chunks of our lives in big games.
I'm sure the skill and play we've come used to in recent times will come back and also CW will have got the fight into the lads too.
UTB

We've had a slow re-start with one admittedly very shit performance, and now suddenly we are the whipping boys going into this fixture?

Sorry lads, but I must have missed the point where ManU became world beaters this season. Yes Fernandes is good, and their front 3 can be a bit tasty, but I still think we can, and will get at these.

Will people stop calling Old Trafford ot, OT is time and a half or double if you're lucky. That's sorted now onto stuff that really matters

We've had a slow re-start with one admittedly very shit performance, and now suddenly we are the whipping boys going into this fixture?

Sorry lads, but I must have missed the point where ManU became world beaters this season. Yes Fernandes is good, and their front 3 can be a bit tasty, but I still think we can, and will get at these.

The issue isn't the performances as much as the injuries.

No JOC
No Egan

Our 3 CBs looks likely to be Robsinon (only played twice in the PL) Jags (legs gone and injured) and Bash.

Against an attack which has Martial, Rashford, James, Pogba.......

The fact our form is dreadful doesn't help. I mean, should Man U be on form and decide to go for us, then I hate to think what the result may be.

Damage limitation team tonight.

If we play our normal 3-5-2 we will get smashed.

Its hard for me to say this but go with 4-5-1,to stiffle them.

Team
Moore
Baldock-Basham-Robinson-Stevens
K Freeman-Lundstram-Norwood-Fleck-Osborn
Sharp(30 mins) McBurnie(30mins) Mousett(30mins)

The lone strikers have 30 mins each to run their gonads off,not bothered which player does which 30 min stint.

Back
Top Bottom