Match Thread Manchester City v. Sheffield United - 30th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MANC
MANC
MANC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1611958416228.png v. 1611958423426.png
EPL Week 21 - Saturday 30th January 2021 - Etihad Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/manchester-city-vs-sheffield-united.529/

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 22.12.57.png

Don't think they'll have a more comfortable game all season.

No way we lose on Tuesday. We absolutely have to win though. No way are we the worst team in the league.

At least that’s out the way, terrible game to watch

Frustrating that we showed them too far much respect. We only decided to have a go at them in the last 10 minutes or so. We didn’t get a thrashing like West Brom though I suppose.

Well done lads and kept it respectable and our chances missed. Fleck! Rammers spot on too. Oh well, WBA next😃😎

Pep saying to Wilder at the end "I don't understand how you guys are rock bottom"
We can't score for shit and we keep making ridiculous errors and giving away shit goals. That's why.

Other than that, I'll take it. City have only scored twice against us this season and I'll be very surprised if they don't win the league.

So close to some points. If we can do that against Man City then we are in with a chance. Ramsdale had a good game.

Two away games against the top two. Expected points nil. 3 points gained. Tuesday is a massive game to give us a glimmer of hope of staying up

In my mind that’s a 0-0 really unlucky. If we weren’t so far a drift I don’t think it would be silly to suggest us getting out the bottom 3 based on the last two games.

We need to keep this group together and playing like this next season, I wasn’t believer of “top of the championship“ is a given. But it’s hard not to think that when we have just beaten Man Utd and made City work hard for a 1-0 win, with a heavily depleted team.

Rammers 100x better today. We really need to get a RCM in on loan imo - Lunny not at it

Incredibly wasteful on the ball up front with Brewster and Burke in the second half and all three midfielders wanted far too long on the ball and that’s not going to happen with Citeh. Still, we kept them to one chance really and that should have been snuffed out so can’t really grumble.

Was funny watching the billionaires time wasting at the corner flag at the end. That would be quite embarrassing for their arrogant prick fans if they actually possessed any humility.

I do think City are my least favourite team in the league. I think they're the biggest cheats and a football club ran like a Football Manager game.

Superb effort limiting them to really 1 proper chance before Jesus on the break, just wish we could have gotten a few more crosses in to trouble them.

Was a free hit though and lets take the positives from the last two games into WBA

Shame about the avoidable goal, but we couldn't get the ball off of them, and had to work so hard to keep it we couldn't create much.
No disgrace though, onto the West Brom game and hopefully we can get a win.

Nothing wrong with the game plan today, in my opinion. I thought we were excellent considering the quality of the opposition and the form they’re in. More than likely we have left ourselves too much to do to survive but if we reproduce the performances of today and Wednesday, we’ll go down with a fight and will get plenty of points on the board, which is all we can ask for at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom