Madine - did you overreact?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did you overreact?

• Fuck yeah, shag me Gary

Votes: 47 24.0%
  • Yep

Votes: 63 32.1%
  • Jury’s out

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • No he’s still a nobhead

Votes: 54 27.6%

• Total voters

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
I can honestly say I said he’d be very good. Had a few arguments about it in my previous guise... ooo mysterious.

He’s settled in now and he’s contributed a fair amount. We’ve seen what he’s about so it’s time to ask the question.

He’s even better than I thought he was, both aerially and technically. He causes absolute chaos and he must be the best targetman in the division. Pisses all over Hugill today.

If we do the unthinkable Gary will have played his part, he’s a huge part of our final stretch now.

I thought us going for him was quite dirty and distasteful, but what's happened is totally predictable. He's a good player, he's shown it straightaway, and the fans haven't made it in any way difficult for him. Glad we've got him now, that's for sure. He's much needed.

Yes I did.

I’ll be doing my penance tomorrow

kedaft.gif

I certainly wasn't over the moon with the signing, but said I would judge him on performances and [from what I could tell] attitude. No complaints at all from me so far, slotted straight in and seems already to have bought into the team ethos that is so important to us.

Never once did I say I wouldn't cheer him scoring or influencing a game positively, which would be a difficult position to maintain in my opinion. However, no matter what happens I will still feel bad for the Blade [and others] that he chinned. A physical assault takes most people a long time to get over and some don't completely. Of course none of us know the full circumstances that led to each incident or how the victims are doing these days but it still bothers me. I haven't changed my view that he is a nasty piece of work after a drink but I have known plenty like him over the years and many [seemingly like him] eventually grew up.

Changed the game today and not for the first time. His hold up play is top quality. He’s here to do a job and he’s doing it very well. Should have had a penalty (saw the replay on sky GO and it’s a mystery as to why it wasn’t given). But luckily it wasn’t one that punished us.

As for Madine again - I looked past the off-field stuff and what he’d bring to the side. I was right.

This thread proves that the knee jerk over reactions are often dismissed. Its obvious our management team know what they need and who to target but time and time again the hysterical ones come out of the woodwork and spew their garbage all over the place.

It's the boards fault for not backing us!
Wilder hasn't got a clue!
Madine is crap!
Our season is over!
Shite substitutions!

and so on and so forth.

But hey! Not doing too bad are we Blades?

UTMB!

I'm amazed when people say he's still a nob head; presumably, they must know him personally to make such a statement. As for Madine the player, I think our fan base is beginning to see why a player of Gary Madine's style and quality. For me, he should be starting v Reading, but I appreciate how good McGoldrick has been this season, but Madine seems to be such a threat, and the ball always sticks to him.

To be fair to him, he changed the game tonight. First half we got bullied, second half McGoldrick and sharp flourished playing off Madine. Dowell was also a lot more lively in the second

I can honestly say I said he’d be very good. Had a few arguments about it in my previous guise... ooo mysterious.

He’s settled in now and he’s contributed a fair amount. We’ve seen what he’s about so it’s time to ask the question.

He’s even better than I thought he was, both aerially and technically. He causes absolute chaos and he must be the best targetman in the division. Pisses all over Hugill today.

If we do the unthinkable Gary will have played his part, he’s a huge part of our final stretch now.

Eric, can you add a “I didn’t want us to sign him because of his previous antics but I thought he’d be a good player if we did sign him” please.

Eric, can you add a “I didn’t want us to sign him because of his previous antics but I thought he’d be a good player if we did sign him” please.
Been touched on above.

Let's not carried away .

He's certainly a notch up from other ' big lads at the front ' we've had to suffer in the past . On the other hand , I've always had this strange propensity for strikers who score goals . I dearly hope he will do so for us but I'm not holding my breath ......

I hope I'm proved wrong .

Never doubted a player like Madine’s effect in the side. If he’s done for chinning another on a West Street, it’ll sour my view somewhat. Looks a demon when he plays recently.

Back
Top Bottom