Pre-Season 17/18 Málaga CF v. Sheffield United - 14/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Plenty of pluses tonight most of the lads did OK.What pleases me is Coutts 90 mins in that heat ( he wouldn't have lasted 45 before Wilder and Co came in ) he's so comfortable on the ball going to be a big player for us this season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he and Fleck got called up to the Scottish squad.
You can see there's a hunger amongst them players we are going to have a good and entertaining season,not saying we will go through this division like Bassett did ( it's possible) but the drive passion to do well is there. Bring it on !!!

Plenty of pluses tonight most of the lads did OK.What pleases me is Coutts 90 mins in that heat ( he wouldn't have lasted 45 before Wilder and Co came in ) he's so comfortable on the ball going to be a big player for us this season.
You can see there's a hunger amongst them players we are going to have a good and entertaining season,not saying we will go through this division like Bassett did ( it's possible) but the drive passion to do well is there. Bring it on !!!

Great post. Blades are 'appeh at the moment! :)

'Strangely, fairly good on the ball'

Are they for real? They're on planet zog.
We told them that time and time again last year and they just didn't listen.

It's like they live in a big bubble of delusion.
Let them carry on mouthing off, it'll come back to bite them on the arse. These things often do.

Agree but we need to defend corners better ( poor last night) and the strikers need to be coming short for the ball more, they are not involved in build ups enough IMO.

Can't make my mind up yet whether Lavery has a 'footballing brain'; he has pace but plays on the fringes. Ched played like a 45 year old, I remember it well, the brain knows what you should be doing but the heavy legs can't get there. Hanson is Hanson, useful for Plan B if needed last 20 minutes but I think he'll leave.Sharp and Clarke are fine as first choice pair.

Just an observation. All their threat came down our right. They didn't trouble us at all down our left.
Make something or nothing of that.

Agree second half but not first half.

First team 1st half.

Brooks was missing defensively but grew into it, then he made that awful error which was a pity as he was good on the ball otherwise. Missed Lafferty probably second half.

There Sean, made something of it.

Coutts had some lovely touches, I don't feel he ever stands out unless you really watch him and then you begin to notice the flicks and prods, and how he always finds another Blade.

I wasn't convinced by Freeman unfortunately. I'd love to see him be involved and have another incredible season but I'm not sure he'll step it up. As seanbeenstattoo said, the second half (particularly last 20 minutes) EVERYTHING went down our right but I imagine they were probably just exploiting that Freeman was tiring, and the fact their left winger was incredibly quick.

Our centrebacks completely bossed it and dealt with everything that was launched in to the box but did look a bit slow. We really need a pacy centreback at least as a backup for when we come up against quicker trickier players in the championship.

Agree but we need to defend corners better ( poor last night) and the strikers need to be coming short for the ball more, they are not involved in build ups enough IMO.

Can't make my mind up yet whether Lavery has a 'footballing brain'; he has pace but plays on the fringes. Ched played like a 45 year old, I remember it well, the brain knows what you should be doing but the heavy legs can't get there. Hanson is Hanson, useful for Plan B if needed last 20 minutes but I think he'll leave.Sharp and Clarke are fine as first choice pair.

yep - well spotted.

First half free header - good save from Moore and 2nd half near the end - a couple of times. We didn't look comfortable, but another 3 weeks to get it right.

UTB

Agree second half but not first half.

First team 1st half.

Brooks was missing defensively but grew into it, then he made that awful error which was a pity as he was good on the ball otherwise. Missed Lafferty probably second half.

There Sean, made something of it.
Brooks. Still learning,he was in a foreign position for him and will realise you can't lose the ball so deep in our half a lesson he will surely take on board

It sounds very encouraging, can somebody find out what time the open top bus tour around Malaga starts, bring on the San miguels, the old juices are bubbling.

I think Freeman played the full game, and in that heat up and down the wing, you're not gonna run for a full 90 minutes whether you're a pro or not.

Being as ano means anus, I dread to think what that sentence means. Perhaps 'They play it round the back'?;)

It means a year ago. As you obviously speak the language you will know a word can have several meanings based on its context. ;)

Although of course year in Latin is annus as in "annus horribilis", which wouldn't make you giggle like an eight year old, would it?

Currently in Cordoba . Midnight. Temperature is down to 35. If it were possible for me to have any more respect for our team, then they would have gained it for running around in this last Friday

Currently in Cordoba . Midnight. Temperature is down to 35. If it were possible for me to have any more respect for our team, then they would have gained it for running around in this last Friday

They didn't even go skins.

Being as ano means anus, I dread to think what that sentence means. Perhaps 'They play it round the back'?;)[/
It means a year ago. As you obviously speak the language you will know a word can have several meanings based on its context. ;)
Apologies for a rubbish joke and the pedantry, but Spanish-speakers are always amused by foreigners' confusion of what are 2 different words in speech and writing. ano means anus; the word for year is pronounced anyo, and is written with a squiggle over the n, which I can't find on this keyboard. Here endeth the lesson.

Apologies for a rubbish joke and the pedantry, but Spanish-speakers are always amused by foreigners' confusion of what are 2 different words in speech and writing. ano means anus; the word for year is pronounced anyo, and is written with a squiggle over the n, which I can't find on this keyboard. Here endeth the lesson.

Whilst my keyboard has the y it dosent have the accent so I don't pay much attention to spelling in Spanish. Speak Castillian and Catalan fluently but can't write in either beyond primary school level. Never needed to. Until now obviously :)

http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/año

Whilst my keyboard has the y it dosent have the accent so I don't pay much attention to spelling in Spanish. Speak Castillian and Catalan fluently but can't write in either beyond primary school level. Never needed to. Until now obviously :)

http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/año
Thanks for the link with the proper spelling! Sounds like you must have had an interesting childhood. I won't ask for the full biography on here, but glad you ended up a Blade. Presumably you had more glamorous options.

Back
Top Bottom