Pre-Season 17/18 Málaga CF v. Sheffield United - 14/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"En Inglaterra,Gales,Irlanda o Escocia,si tu eres natural de Sheffield,eres o del Wednesday o del Sheffield United! nadie,nadie es del Manchester o del Liverpool y si eres de Birmingham seras del Aston Villa o del Birmingham City,jamás de otro! eso en España no ocurre casi en ninguna ciudad,solo y mal que me pese conozco algo que se le parezca y es Sevilla,que el 95% de la pobalción que le gusta el fútbol,o es del Betis o es del Sevilla,punto."

Google translates to...

"In England, Wales, Ireland or Scotland, if you are from Sheffield, you are from Wednesday or Sheffield United! No one, no one is from Manchester or Liverpool and if you are from Birmingham you will be from Aston Villa or Birmingham City, never from another! That in Spain does not happen almost in any city, only and badly I know something that resembles it and it is Seville, that 95% of the population that likes football, or is of Betis or is Sevilla, period."

Best I could find, although I suspect Roygbiv might've even struggled.

P.S. This was posted in 2011...

of interest to me is something AK alluded to in his Malaga interview after just arriving.

He seemed to intimate that we might be seeing the core team for this coming season in this game.

Anyone else pick this up or is it smoke and mirrors?

UTB

if you are from Sheffield, you are from Wednesday or Sheffield United!

Someone needs to tell the parents of the half-dozen kids who turn up to non-uniform events at our local school wearing Chelsea kits this.

I don't have many talents but I speak pretty good Spanish, translation below:

"In the UK, if you are a Sheffielder you support United or Wednesday. Nobody, but nobody, supports Man Utd or Liverpool. If you are from Birmingham, you are a Blue or a Villian, never any other side. Such a situation is practically unheard of in Spain. It hurts me to say it but the only place that comes close is Seville, where 95% of the football fans support Sevilla or Betis."

He has a point, although I would say as well as Seville, the Basque country, and Bilbao in particular breaks the mould. Everywhere else, a large percentage of fans support the local side plus 1 of Madrid or Barça. I lived in Valencia when Madrid beat Juve to win the 1998 Champions League and there were massive celebrations in the street. Coincidentally I was on holiday the same city on a weekend when Barcelona won the league title and Barça fans were out in massive numbers. This in Spain's 3rd city with a very successful side themselves. On the other hand, I didn't see any sign of trouble whatsoever.

Neither of these scenarios would happen here.

of interest to me is something AK alluded to in his Malaga interview after just arriving.

He seemed to intimate that we might be seeing the core team for this coming season in this game.

Anyone else pick this up or is it smoke and mirrors?

UTB

I fully expect Lafferty to start the season before falling behind Stevens in the pecking order. that is my prediction

Baldock ligament injury....nightmare

That's disappointing, Baldock was the best of the bunch at stocksbridge.

Back
Top Bottom