Lunny love in!šŸ˜‡

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've always said he has some talent but when he got a run of games our form dropped dramatically. Not entirely his fault given he was alongside Evans at the time. Still not a great sign now we've stepped up a level. Can't fault him for his attitude and his tackle on Grealish was one of my favourite moments of the season, so I'd love him to prove people wrong.

Respect the graft he puts in but I still need to see some quality from him.

I do see what you mean but football isnt that simple.

Youā€™re sounding like a Brentford fan. Their team is full of quality players, on paper they arguably have higher quality than our team BUT they are so lightweight, weak and canā€™t tackle, hence they finish mid table every year.

In a successful team obviously you need plenty of silky flair players but you also need a player or two who provide the steel.

He is rubbish

What does rubbish mean?
You can say any player is rubbish because it doesnā€™t mean anything.
Iā€™ve seen Messi live in the Nou Camp a few years ago and I thought he was rubbish too, lazy and couldnā€™t tackle to save his life, couldnā€™t defend or head a ball either.
So does that mean Lundstram is the same standard as Messi?

What does rubbish mean?
You can say any player is rubbish because it doesnā€™t mean anything.
Iā€™ve seen Messi live in the Nou Camp a few years ago and I thought he was rubbish too, lazy and couldnā€™t tackle to save his life, couldnā€™t defend or head a ball either.
So does that mean Lundstram is the same standard as Messi?

Lundstram is far from rubbish. The lad can play football. Heā€™s more than a committed trier.

Its preseason and only one game but on tonight's showing Fleck really needs to find his form and soon

Lundstram is far from rubbish. The lad can play football. Heā€™s more than a committed trier.

If you watch Lundstram closely, he's an excellent footballer in a technical sense.

His speed of thought let's him down sometimes but last season he was much improved from the player trying to fill Coutts' berth post Burton and I'm backing him to improve further.

I'm pretty much the John Lundstram fanclub on here, feel like I've been sticking up for him for ages (apart from Barnet) but this season, he'll show a few people.

Seems to be one of the players Wilder trusts most, so there's obviously something there.

Most professional players have footballing skills, some even have footballing brains. Not every player has an abundance of skills but they still provide strengths that help a team be successful. I believe Lundstram will contribute this year, please give him a chance, destroying a player from the terraces do no one any good. By the way, I have seen a few Blades players that I thought had no skill or brains, but that's a different thread.

Thought he did well tonight, but just lacked a little technically. Specifically, at times he seemed to struggled to match the pace of thought of those around him. Not writing him off mind, 1st game back against a bitty team that looked to stifle more than actually play for the majority of the game.

Lundstram was the engine room of our midfield, he lacks style but there was plenty of substance there tonight.
I thought tonight you saw exactly why heā€™s been kept in the squad while weā€™ve moved Coutts on. A really solid game ā€“ think heā€™s a useful option to have in the squad.
These 2 quotes put it together for me, he was the ball holder without looking fancy but he did it and watching the footwork of some of the Spaniards he did a good job. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start when we need a defensive line up.

I must say i'm in the Lunny fan club. He's reliable, you know what you're gonna get with him, and he'll always give his all. What more could you ask from him? The amount of pressure from the fans, placed upon his young shoulders when Coutts broke his leg must have been enormous, and personally i think he did remarkably well. I've also never seen a player offer himself and want the ball passing to him as much as Lunny does; he always wants the ball. I'm so glad Wilder has kept him in the team and not let him go. You always need players like him.

Once again the only reason some think he's "rubbish" is because he isn't the player that Coutts was or Norwood is. Totally different to any midfielder we have and I think he'll play some part off the bench this season. Very useful player to have in the squad. Who knows, if he continues to knuckle down then he could be a very important player for us, still pretty young. He looked very good tonight.

Agree also with Freeman. Based on tonight he looks more athletic and a bit sharper. Early days yet though. That backheel to Sharp down the line was sublime.

If youā€™re hanging on, and it donā€™t look good,
Who you gonna call?
JOHN LUNDSTRAM!

When youā€™re 1-0 up, as the clock runs down,
Who you gonna call?
JOHN LUNDSTRAM!

When you need a man, to get hold of the ball,
Who you gonna call?
JOHN LUNDSTRAM!

I ainā€™t afraid of no Grealish

6EAF18EC-D5A0-4DA0-9E4A-241A65A52C1D.gif

Last edited:
Although I have my my disagreements with people on him for the time being I am always open to changing my mind...

But one thing we can all agree with is how hilarious some of these "View From's"; courtesy of the Great Roy, are from when we signed him:

ā€œIf I was Lunny I would do at least one more year as a captain of a side going for promotion in league 1. That will give him more of a chance to move to a bigger club next summer than Sheffield United.ā€

ā€œI do have this latent resentment that these ā€œbigā€ teams can nick players off lower league teams for ridiculously little money.ā€

ā€œI like Christopher John Wilder less than I ever have, I never liked him very much at all.ā€

ā€œworking under Wilder is a challenge for any player. Heā€™s not exactly Mr Personalityā€

šŸ˜‚

I thought tonight you saw exactly why heā€™s been kept in the squad while weā€™ve moved Coutts on. A really solid game ā€“ think heā€™s a useful option to have in the squad.
Looks to have beefed up a bit as well, although that might have been an illusion caused by the rough-arsed haircut he was sporting...

He is a modern day Nick Montgomery. Not much skill but can tackle and run around a bit. Also, much like Monty he is good at giving the ball back to the opposition.

Lunny was just about adequate cover in the Championship but we should be looking at someone better now we are in the PL.

quick poll
A. Lunny
or
B. Barry Bananabanjoblowjobrefs

Back
Top Bottom