Lundstrum.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rollerball

Honourary Member Of Thunderbirds.
Reaction score
I keep reading lunny or berge, freeman in the didzy role, and a whole host of other permutations, now I'm no Chris Wilder but maybe try lundstrum in the didzy role, he's fast, has a hell of an engine on him, seems to be both footed passing and shooting, has a decent ability in the air added bonus he can score. Just an idea, I'm sure there are many reasons why not but until didzy returns to full fitness it may be something to try against maybe reading.
Any thoughts?

Positional play would need coaching into him, but provided he could get that side of things, then I'm in agreement.

He certainly has all the physical attributes that he would need to be able to do that job well.

CW has often banged on about good footballers being able to do all facets of the game and he talks about centre midfielders being able to do everything not just one part of it. Hes spot on (as usual).

Lunny could feasibly do that role comfortably, he's two footed, can hit a ball, is mobile, a good passer of the ball... Its all there. Maybe time for CWAK to do their stuff on the training pitch. Could be a masterstroke.

Luny can be a bit negative to me. He often goes for the safe pass and also gives the ball away more than Didsy.

I think CW has a new weapon in his toolbox, rotation.

We have been professional in fitness and discipline enabling us to field a very consistent squad (possibly used less players than any other team this season).

Now we can rest, rotate and pick the team to fave the opposition tactically. It’s not always a replacement or successor when we get a new player.

Edit: just found this.....
A50ED548-B8E8-4B69-BE42-19815B866C7C.jpeg

Lundstram is a box to box midfielder - who’s main asset is his runs into the box and stamina.

Why people are looking at taking away his biggest assets, to pigeon hole him into a completely different role is beyond me.

He’s solid technically, but nowhere near the levels of Duffy, mcgoldrick required to pay in a forward position. His passing is ok, but nothing to write home about, particularly the intricate balls to carve open defences.

Back
Top Bottom