Lundstram contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Rumours” He deserves a massive pay rise if he wants too much he won’t get that.
Wouldnt be suprised if he went to Everton and sat on there bench

He deserves to be inline with the rest of the squad I agree. The top earners in the squad as he’s one of the top contributors this season and still a good age. Although his performances certainly did drop off a bit.

But if the rumours are true and he’s wanting double them, then he can go for me. He’s not twice the player or contributor compared to the others (imo)

From what we are hearing it does sort of point to him and suggest his demands are unrealistic. Other players have quietly signed new deals and we’ve not heard too much about it until the ink has dried. It’s not often Wilder comes out and says there’s one player and agent in particular who think there’s more money in the club than there actually is - that does suggest (if it’s him) he’s looking for a structure busting raise.

Would be a huge shame. Think the writings been on the wall, under Wilder usually a player doesn’t go this long without signing on.
But if he wants out then bye bye. Best of luck I guess.

Don't know if already mentioned on here, but according to the article, Lunny apparently shares the same agent as Duffy. If so, I suppose it says a lot, but then again, the agent having his fingers burnt once, you would think he would learn a bit of a lesson from the first episode with CW?

A question Lundstram needs to ask himself is "where would I go from here?"
There's little to no chance that another EPL club would want him, so is it back down to the EFL.... or Holland, like Duffy?
Either way, he's not going to get more money is he! 🤔

Let's face it, whilst he's not by a long shot our best player, we would be doing nowhere near as well without him. 3rd most goals, second most assists. He fits into our formation perfectly.

No, he's unlikely to be anywhere near as successful in another team yet we'd be mid-table without him.

That being said, no player is bigger than the club, so if it wants silly money let him go and play for a struggling Premier League club.

He's a big part of the team, and hope it can be resolved.
Had a fantastic season, bit of a dip, then came roaring back v Norwich.
Maybe the agent has had a bit of interest from other clubs?

Seems the modern player can't make decisions himself, he only needs to look at Duffy to see how that works out sometimes.

A question Lundstram needs to ask himself is "where would I go from here?"
There's little to no chance that another EPL club would want him, so is it back down to the EFL.... or Holland, like Duffy?
Either way, he's not going to get more money is he! 🤔
Or he’s already been tapped up and knows exactly how much another club would pay him. I genuinely don’t know where the idea no other EPL club would want him comes from.

. I genuinely don’t know where the idea no other EPL club would want him comes from.
I guess what I'm inferring is that only a lower end EPL team could be interested, if at all. Yes he's young and he's obviously got talent (I've praised him from the day he signed for us!), but he won't fit the bill for a lot of EPL clubs, like most of Wilders signings.

I guess what I'm inferring is that only a lower end EPL team could be interested, if at all. Yes he's young and he's obviously got talent (I've praised him from the day he signed for us!), but he won't fit the bill for a lot of EPL clubs, like most of Wilders signings.
Villa and West Ham are lower end EPL teams and they love spending money, I could imagine either of those being prepared to offer more money than we would. I’d be surprised he’s asking for ridiculous money if someone hasn’t indicated to him what another club are prepared to pay him. His agent may be a twat but I doubt he’s stupid, he wouldn’t last long in such a competitive environment if that was the case.

Or he’s already been tapped up and knows exactly how much another club would pay him. I genuinely don’t know where the idea no other EPL club would want him comes from.

Absolutely, I'm sure him/his agent aren't making up these numbers. I'm also sure the likes of Watford, Palace, Bournemouth (to name 3) would have room for a box to box machine and wouldn't blink at paying £50k a week

Villa and West Ham are lower end EPL teams and they love spending money, I could imagine either of those being prepared to offer more money than we would. I’d be surprised he’s asking for ridiculous money if someone hasn’t indicated to him what another club are prepared to pay him. His agent may be a twat but I doubt he’s stupid, he wouldn’t last long in such a competitive environment if that was the case.

Bit of a gamble he’d be in EPL next year with that choice?

Don't know if already mentioned on here, but according to the article, Lunny apparently shares the same agent as Duffy. If so, I suppose it says a lot, but then again, the agent having his fingers burnt once, you would think he would learn a bit of a lesson from the first episode with CW?

I looked at that site and it 'looks' very official. I suspect it's a supporter who just fancies having a go at reporting (not a problem with that) but be careful as it's just another 'not as educated as you may imagine' opinion, and he uses 'Transfermrkt' as a source :rolleyes:. Additionally not sure how true this is but Duffy tried to negotiate without his agent which would explain why he got very short shrift, Lundstram is letting his agent do the talking but as Wilder says, he thinks there is more money in the club than there is.

Personally think he's looking at those likely to get promoted, he'd probably get more at both of West Brom and Leeds, I hope we get something of a fee for him.

Agree with most of the sentiments on here. Lundstram has been mostly great this season. He suffered from a drop-off but if he was locked under contract I’d be very happy about him being here over the long-term and reckon he’d develop very nicely.

That said, trying to turn half a season of strong play and first team football, when you’ve had two and a half of bench sitting, into a contract among the best in the club is way off. And not the kind of thing that should make Wilder cave. I’ve got no idea his demands but can’t imagine Wilder would have an issue with paying him middle of the pack wages, so I have to think it’s more. He doesn’t deserve to be up there with someone like Fleck in terms of salary.

I would rather he signed a new deal, he has been good this season and definitely has a role to play next season.

However I reckon he will leave and go to Southampton to replace Hojbjerg for £7m-£10m, £50k PW. Purely (probably incorrect) guess work.

If Lunny has got 1 or more clubs willing to pay him up to 60k a week then we may as well withdraw our contract offer now as we won't be offering him that much or he would've obviously signed on the dotted line ages ago. As we've been in the Prem barely a year we probably can afford to pay him as much as that BUT for the time being Wilder and the board obviously want to remain within our wage structure (and rightly so) and won't make exceptions for any player until we've become more established at this level.

Until we are more established then that is when the club will probably revise our wage structure to allow for more clout. Then again because of Covid-19 I don't know if that will delay such a revision for a while.

I hope he does stay and not become the next Drinkwater, Sidwell who thought they were better than they actually were and did F. all after one decent season in the PL.

The club is in a decent negotiation position as we have him under contract for another year. He has to stay and prove his worth for another year, or bring in a sizeable transfer fee that can be reinvested on a more proven, possibly younger model. Agent aside, I don't see many parrallels with Duffy. Duffy knew it was his last deal, so from a purely financial point of view it was well worth him trying his luck for more money. Lundstram - or more probably his agent - have probably heard of the bigger numbers elsewhere and had a carrot or two dangled. If they haven't their actions are the height of stupidity, as they're not in a bad shop window, are they? Good luck to them.

Last edited:
I'm working my.way through this seasons YouTube highlights and lundstram has been fucking outstanding so far ( I'm up to the man yoo game )

Yesterday was his poorest performance of the season for us. But he has shown us what he is capable of, particularly earlier on in the season. I think it's both our interests and his that he stays with us next season.

Yesterday was his poorest performance of the season for us. But he has shown us what he is capable of, particularly earlier on in the season. I think it's both our interests and his that he stays with us next season.

Yesterday was the poorest performance of the season for most of our players, I find it very interesting that Lundstram’s performance keeps getting singled out.

Last night was an unacceptable level of trying. Performance fluctuate and most were crap. He just didn't seem to give a toss. Wandered about. passed the ball to the other team. Lost the ball, ambled back. I'm sorry but his general performance effort has been well down since this contract thing came up. It might just be coincidental but if not he can do one for me if it isn't.

Last night was an unacceptable level of trying. Performance fluctuate and most were crap. He just didn't seem to give a toss. Wandered about. passed the ball to the other team. Lost the ball, ambled back. I'm sorry but his general performance effort has been well down since this contract thing came up. It might just be coincidental but if not he can do one for me if it isn't.
I'd sell him in the summer 100%. Sign Jeff Hendrick for a free to replace him.

Palace or the likes would absolutely take Lunny.

Lunny is too inconsistent really. When he plays well he can look incredible, but he can also look completely lost at other times.

I think Berge is a better player at the end of the day, and I think next season that will only become more apparent and Lunny is struggling to get on the pitch.

Lunny is too inconsistent really. When he plays well he can look incredible, but he can also look completely lost at other times.

I think Berge is a better player at the end of the day, and I think next season that will only become more apparent and Lunny is struggling to get on the pitch.

The problem we have is that neither Berge nor Lunny is a natural right of midfield. We could really use a lot more going forward.

The problem we have is that neither Berge nor Lunny is a natural right of midfield. We could really use a lot more going forward.

I agree, Sander was brought in for a dcm role. Himself and McBurnie have both said in interviews he’s learning a new position but it could work?

When you watch him play he makes getting the ball and moving it about look effortless, especially considering his size.

I think he is gonna turn into a quality player for us either way!

Yesterday was the poorest performance of the season for most of our players, I find it very interesting that Lundstram’s performance keeps getting singled out.
Whilst all had mediocre to bad performances Lundstram to me seemed to be strangely inept When obvious forward movement was possible he changed direction thus stifling any attacking move, so out of character for him. After this happened on two or three occasions it made me wonder whether there was an intentioned showing to the management regarding the stuttering with the contract negotiations.
This is a personal yet honest appraisal as seen in match time of part of last nights game.

Back
Top Bottom