Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Recall him.
Can't be any worse than our current midfield, especially with only 7 subs -including no MFs on bench (and we have to sub Midfielders with Kean Bryan!)

Can't be recalled and sounds like Wilder wouldn't be interested in doing so either.

Don't all loan contracts have a recall? Or is it Wilder being stubborn and not wanting him back?

According to Yorkshire Live Sheffield United will not be bringing Freeman back prematurely in order to help provide cover amid those injury problems at the club.
Asked whether that was an option for the Blades, Wilder was quoted by Yorkshire Live as simply saying: “No, he’s there for the season”.

According to Yorkshire Live Sheffield United will not be bringing Freeman back prematurely in order to help provide cover amid those injury problems at the club.
Asked whether that was an option for the Blades, Wilder was quoted by Yorkshire Live as simply saying: “No, he’s there for the season”.

I read that as no matter how well Freeman maybe playing, Wilder wouldn't have him back. One of his few faults is his how stubborn he can be writing players off that he has brought in, without any second chances. We are down to the bare bones for god sake!!

I read that as no matter how well Freeman maybe playing, Wilder wouldn't have him back. One of his few faults is his how stubborn he can be writing players off that he has brought in, without any second chances. We are down to the bare bones for god sake!!
I see where you're coming from, however we don't have the inside knowledge Wilder does. Maybe Freeman's a bad apple, maybe Freeman doesn't want to come back, maybe Wilder needs the money from the saving of his wages and they'll have been a loan fee also, that would maybe have to be part refunded. I don't know, I'm just speculating, but I think we have to give Wilder the benefit of the doubt here, he's earned that.

Besic has become Gerrard since he went back to Everton apparently.

Before Berge's injury the opinion on here was split pretty evenly about whether he should be playing.
Since the injury the division has turned into a general consensus that he's the first name in the midfield

Before Berge's injury the opinion on here was split pretty evenly about whether he should be playing.
Since the injury the division has turned into a general consensus that he's the first name in the midfield
I agree that he'd make us better at the moment, but he's not as good as people are making out.

Definitely an issue that is not based on football as to why he’s never really been given a chance by Wilder. There’s no other explanation.

Like everyone else on here, I could have 100 guesses as to why he's only made 16 appearances for us and still not get it right but I think it's far more likely that it is for reasons based on football than not. Maybe he doesn't put enough effort in in training? Maybe he's not followed specific instructions when he has played? Maybe we bought him in hoping he could add something to his game and that hasn't worked out? Maybe we bought him as an option that would allow us to tweak the formation and we've decided not to do that? Or maybe it was a simple as the board saying 'if you want Brewster, you need to ship someone out' and Wilder picked Freeman?

Freeman when he did play had done little wrong. Plus he is a player that can play CAM.

Most of his appearances were for cover for Fleck.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong.

Just that the iceberg Wilder's ship has hit is not going to be salvaged by Luke Freeman, a player who Wilder thinks is worse than what he has.

Agreed, he would now. But wasn't good enough to get a regular start last season with the same 3 playing. It's a sign of our demise, not his prowess.
Very good point.
It's not like we've lost anyone, if anything we should be stronger, but he goes from being on the bench to a nailed on starter.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong.

Just that the iceberg Wilder's ship has hit is not going to be salvaged by Luke Freeman, a player who Wilder thinks is worse than what he has.

Someone he bought.

A phenomenon known Unitedites as the Kabba Paradox.
Been meaning to say, we went to unterhaching once...did 1860 Munich the day after. Was a decent afternoon out but the locals rattled their keys in displeasure to the football on offer.

"‘One of the major disappointments of this season’ – Many Nottingham Forest fans frustrated by one man in Swansea hammering

Played yesterday and was garbage by all accounts. Not sure he is the answer anytime soon.

Think he will be moved on in the summer and at a huge loss.

Back
Top Bottom