Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Received absolute pelters yesterday. Get yer sen fit and hungry (not in that way) for us for next season lad.

"‘One of the major disappointments of this season’ – Many Nottingham Forest fans frustrated by one man in Swansea hammering

Played yesterday and was garbage by all accounts. Not sure he is the answer anytime soon.

Think he will be moved on in the summer and at a huge loss.
yeah have to agree maybe get 1.5m for him at a push but midfield is a really key area for us recruitment wise this summer could well determine if we can get back up first time of asking i think we have the strikers to get us the goals at championship level if the supply line is good

"‘One of the major disappointments of this season’ – Many Nottingham Forest fans frustrated by one man in Swansea hammering

Played yesterday and was garbage by all accounts. Not sure he is the answer anytime soon.

Think he will be moved on in the summer and at a huge loss.
Although it was his first game back after his op. If we don't sign any other midfielders in the window, I'd still have him back. Sounds like forest fans would pay for the taxi.

#15 from 18 months ago.

👀😉.

UTB

Freeman has always been overrated by our fan base. He might be better than our current sub options, but not by much.

Who mentioned centre half?

Past few games we have taken a midfielder off to bring on Bryan to move Ampadu into to midfield. Surely Freeman would be a better option and keep Ampadu where he is.
He’s not a defensive midfielder either though, Ampadu tends to replace Norwood. He’d be an attacking option off the bench but my gut feeling is that if he’d stayed with us, he’d be part of the malaise and would be getting pelters for his performances or his attitude. He looked good going forward on occasion but I don’t think he was that good overall, He got hooked at half time against Brighton (I think) and was outshone by Osborn.
If we’ve still got him next season, I hope he does well.

#15 from 18 months ago.

👀😉.

UTB
Only 18 months ago? I've been calling it since 2014 although I have to give him credit for going from not being good enough for a top 10 L1 side to not being good enough for a bottom 5 Championship side :-D

The wording of the article suggests that Stevenage took up the option in Freeman's contract rather than Freeman agreeing to an extension. If he's there in August I'd be amazed but that said, I don't want him at the Lane. He's not good enough for a top ten League One side; he looked fat and disinterested at the Lane. He had one good game against us in 2011 yet seems to have gained cult status amongst Blades fans...strange.

Put it this way: Murphy or Freeman? That's the choice, given they're both left wingers.

Only 18 months ago? I've been calling it since 2014 although I have to give him credit for going from not being good enough for a top 10 L1 side to not being good enough for a bottom 5 Championship side :-D

You and me both mate: https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/luke-freeman.73279/post-2088602

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/movement.64692/post-2047188

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/luke-freeman.60617/post-2044554

Last edited:

Freeman when he did play had done little wrong. Plus he is a player that can play CAM.

Most of his appearances were for cover for Fleck.
Freeman’s fleeting appearances last year resemble 1970s Brazil in comparison to the current unholy trinity.

Surely next season he'll be in the squad. We'd struggle to move him on and he might slot in perfectly in the resurrected no.10 role.

According to Yorkshire Live Sheffield United will not be bringing Freeman back prematurely in order to help provide cover amid those injury problems at the club.
Asked whether that was an option for the Blades, Wilder was quoted by Yorkshire Live as simply saying: “No, he’s there for the season”.
If he's on a PL wage of 30,000 as seems to have been leaked recently, then I'm not surprised we are keen to keep them paying his wages.

Back
Top Bottom