Outgoing? Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Must start looking for a new board someone who going to put money into the club someone with money to spend not a great pretender we had no money McCabe.now no money Prince Abdullah please can we have someone with money to spend and help this great family club please.

Must start looking for a new board someone who going to put money into the club someone with money to spend not a great pretender we had no money McCabe.now no money Prince Abdullah please can we have someone with money to spend and help this great family club please.
Did you just wake up from a 2 year sleep mate?! We've spent a very sizeable amount.

Haven't we just spunked £130 on players that, at the minute, look average championship at best. If I was in charge of recruitment or actually paying these transfer fees I'd now be very reluctant to fork out any more.

We can say Aston villa did the same spending 100 million last year and another 95 million this season and a far better wage bill. I can say they will not be playing championship football next year ?

How much more money do you want CW to be given?

Forest certainly won't buy Freeman if they're relegated - the fee would be prohibitive and he's on very decent Champ level wages, which would not fit with the L1 wage cap.
Does that mean Freeman will be back at the Lane?
Presumably, he will be what we’ve been missing all this season?
We can build our mal-functioning mid-field around him and go from strength to strength and back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
I for one cannot wait.
Unless, of course CW had fallen out with him big time and has no intention of letting him grace BDTBL ever again.
What a waste!
Isn’t that the curse of every saviour?

Said in the shoutbox, Wilder had Tozer at Northampton and let him go. Therefore, highly unlikely. On the other hand, I have always rated him.
Didn't Wilder play 4-2-3-1 at Northampton? Tozer strikes me as the sort of player who'd struggle at a higher level in a central defensive two but would probably be better as a stopper in the middle of a three (the Wright role). He'd be worth considering as backup to Egan in the Championship next season.

Does that mean Freeman will be back at the Lane?
Presumably, he will be what we’ve been missing all this season?
We can build our mal-functioning mid-field around him and go from strength to strength and back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
I for one cannot wait.
Unless, of course CW had fallen out with him big time and has no intention of letting him grace BDTBL ever again.
What a waste!
Isn’t that the curse of every saviour?
It’s Ricky Holmes all over again. He must have done something to upset CW or how could he possibly have gone out on loan when our midfield is virtually non-existent.

It’s Ricky Holmes all over again. He must have done something to upset CW or how could he possibly have gone out on loan when our midfield is virtually non-existent.
He's probably not done anything to upset Wilder. He's just not good enough to play at Premier League level - slightly too slow in mind and foot to play at the highest level. They're fine margins.

it’s reductive to say just spend more money. Chelsea spent 220m and have gotten worse because they didn’t spend it well.

Same applies for us. We have been given loads of money to improve the squad - we have just failed to do that, with ‘players for the future’ crossed with numerous transfer errors and failure to recruit in the right areas.

Instead of blindly spending more money on overpriced players I would suggest popping a good few million into the scouting and recruitment infrastructure. Like Brentford we would then see long term signings of good young players before they become overpriced. And from a much larger recruitment pool than championship and or Bournemouth (or both in ramadales case.) That would set us up long term for success.

we really do need to improve this side of our club, as it’s been a mess for 2 seasons and the signings are no longer just cheap punts

Forest certainly won't buy Freeman if they're relegated - the fee would be prohibitive and he's on very decent Champ level wages, which would not fit with the L1 wage cap.
cant see forest getting relegated their crap but their still better than wednesday

Seeing him leave frustrated the hell out of me because every time I saw him play against us, with 3 different teams, I remember thinking that I wish we could sign this lad. He was head and shoulders the best midfielder in League 1 and one of the best in the Championship.

Then we finally get him, and despite looking shit hot when we beat Palace, Fleck returns shortly after and plays well enough to get him sidelined.

It's a shame but I did get the impression that he didn't take kindly to being benched. We certainly didn't see a lot from him in cup games either.

At the end of the day, for whatever reason the management team didn't fancy him.
He has just got 4out of 10 for Forest who were playing another Championship club.
He has not been good enough for Forest(even allowing for injury) so why should he be good enough for us

He has just got 4out of 10 for Forest who were playing another Championship club.
He has not been good enough for Forest(even allowing for injury) so why should he be good enough for us

Yet most of the time when he played for us in the cup or the PL he probably didn’t get below a 7. Not particularly fussed what he’s done at Forest, especially coming back after an injury, he looked decent whenever we needed him last season to the extent that many were disappointed he was dropped as soon as Fleck regained fitness.

1. We have no midfielders to put on the bench. 2. Fleck now and Fleck last season are completely different players. 3. Even a sub-standard back-up midfielder is better than a player playing completely out of position, surely?

We can say Aston villa did the same spending 100 million last year and another 95 million this season and a far better wage bill. I can say they will not be playing championship football next year ?
Fuck off Greavsie, very funny

Back
Top Bottom