Outgoing? Luke Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's definitely an odd one. With Lunny likely leaving too, we'll need two more in midfield.

Must be a Cash deal sweetener.

There has to be another element to the deal that we don’t know about yet.
If we actually want Matty Cash then maybe it’s Freeman loan + (x) mil... the loan being a bit of a sweetener to help with the purchase

Would love to know what Freeman did to Wilder. Every option he seemingly got to involve him he chose not to.
Maybe Wilder wants to keep him in case we need him in January and can recall him if that’s allowed. Or maybe Wilder just wants to keep him but fleck and osbourne are ahead. OR maybe it’s tide into agreeing something with cash.

Or maybe Freeman doesn’t want to step down to EFL or club want to subsidise his wages

Whichever trust Wilder and Betis

Think we need to relax here. I don’t see him going without someone lined up to come in. I remember the Lee Evans deal where we sold him on deadline day to announce Norwood a few hours later.

I thought Lundstrum was now in contract talks?

Either way, we wouldn't sanction this loan move unless we had a replacement lined up

If it is Freeman loan plus money i would expect the amount we'd give in cash would be higher due to Freeman not being their player

If it is Freeman loan plus money i would expect the amount we'd give in cash would be higher due to Freeman not being their player

Why ? Typically teams pay a loan fee so sending Freeman on loan with no loan fee would be equal to putting extra money in the Cash transfer pot. Loan also works well for NFFC if the wage contirbution isnt massive as there holdout for big money for cash is in at leat part to do with their FFP position. If this hels them get to a place they need to be for FFP alongisde whatever the Cash money provides them then its likely win - win - win

We get our man, Freeman gets game time which he needs, Forrest get a very good operator who wont impact them for FFP.

Freeman clearly isn't part of Wilders plans other than as back up and to be playing a handful of games a season, at 28, is not ideal. Guess its a loan deal because Forest want to have a look first and often if these things go well it'll become a permanent, like what's likely with Robinson to WBA.

We do still have Ben Osborn at left side midfield as cover, so not sure that we'll be bringing in a direct replacement, but we have no LWB cover if Osborn is needed for left sided centre mid, unless RND is going to stay. Should start hotting up in the next week or so in terms of ins and outs.

It’s a make-weight for Matty Cash
There are literally loads of them

• Potentially helps facilitate Cash deal
  • Gets Freeman much needed gametime that hes not getting with us currently
  • If he has a big season (which id expect he would) his resale value will increase

Theres a few points to begin with.

It's being reported as nothing to do with Matty Cash.

Seems a really bad move from us this.

There are literally loads of them

• Potentially helps facilitate Cash deal
  • Gets Freeman much needed gametime that hes not getting with us currently
  • If he has a big season (which id expect he would) his resale value will increase

Theres a few points to begin with.
Surely getting close to our money back is better? He's going to be another year older with less on his contract.

It's being reported as nothing to do with Matty Cash.

Seems a really bad move from us this.

Even if it isnt the last 2 points remain valid. Its also a sign that something imminent on the signing front from us as I cant see CWAK sanctioning it if someone hasnt already been signed up or will be signing up very shortly.

Surely getting close to our money back is better? He's going to be another year older with less on his contract.

Totally agree but I dont see a lot of money floating round the Championship this season and I dont see any prem league suitors so I dont see us getting our money back as viable right now.

If true a loan makes no sense at all this early in the transfer window unless it ensures we get Cash, thats the player not £££. If there is an agreement to buy after 6 months fine if not it further devalues the player with another year of his contract gone. You do start to question why we seem to have a continuing inability to get money in for our outgoings.

I feel for Freeman, never got a look in. I thought he be ideal for the role McG plays (where a better option is urgently needed IMO).

I would assume there will be upgrades to come in. It wouldnt make sense to let him go if not (especially as we lack creativity at times).

I feel for Freeman, never got a look in. I thought he be ideal for the role McG plays (where a better option is urgently needed IMO).

I would assume there will be upgrades to come in. It wouldnt make sense to let him go if not (especially as we lack creativity at times).
I think part of the issue is that the best person in the squad for the McG role is McG and Freeman wasn’t pushing him for it.

Back
Top Bottom