Loyalty Points!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SBSP

Reaction score
Is there a way to found out how many points you have?

Without waiting for hours on phone for the ticket office.

Thanks.

loyalty ponts for season ticket renewals

just wondering how many loyalty points you get for renewing your season ticket

Right I tried ringing and not hanging about while im 50th in the que. I don't want to register incase i mess my points up
So does anyone know how many you get for certain things such as
Season ticket
renewing season ticket
fa cup games

etc. any information would be really helpful

Mine was 2500 for a season ticket, and most of the other stuff from memory were 50 points (like Cup/away matches), though I think it was 100 points for Morecambe in the League Cup last season.

On a break from college so can't answer properly... but you'll soon be stuck if you try working your points out yourself.

Season tickets are 2700 for early renewals... 2500 otherwise... apart from 2005/06 which was 500.

Matches are anything from 50 to 200 points... including home cup matches.

Travel can be 30 points or 10 points.

You also got extra points for the cup scheme.

A guesstimate total is only going to be very rough based on that :)

Threads merged... I'm fighting a losing battle trying to keep the forum tidy this week :)

I'll merge anything where the question is answered elsewhere to prevent lots of people typing the same answers time and time again :)

i renewed my season ticket for next year on 6/4 (Credit Card Transaction details 06/04/2009 07/04/2009 7997 SHEFFIELD UTD LTD, TIC SHEFFIELD £289.00) when would you assume i would get the loyalty points on date of purchase or after the season finishes. i have checked online ticketing and i have 9120 points but my season ticket renewal for next year hasnt been added it just says "status RESERV".

i am sorry but i dont agree with this ticketing/loyalty point system i think it has many flaws.

do loyalty points expire? correct me if i am wrong but potentially somebody who has had a season ticket for years but hasnt had one for the last couple of seasons could potentially have more points than people who have been to every game home and away this season like some of you have.

i think it should be worked on current season points. i would like to see ticket allocation to be something like (not exact but something like):

1. this season home & away & cups & Renewals
2. this season home & away & cups
3. this season home & away
4. this season home & some away or cup matches
5. this season home
6. general sale

i renewed my season ticket for next year on 6/4 (Credit Card Transaction details 06/04/2009 07/04/2009 7997 SHEFFIELD UTD LTD, TIC SHEFFIELD £289.00) when would you assume i would get the loyalty points on date of purchase or after the season finishes. i have checked online ticketing and i have 9120 points but my season ticket renewal for next year hasnt been added it just says "status RESERV".

I renewed mine early, they get added sometime before next season but playoffs still count (obviously) as this season so next years ST doesn't make the cut.

Think the system is fine, except that at some point they need to make it into a 3-5 year rolling total to stop older fans eventually building up numbers no-one new can come close to.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know how many loyalty points were given for a 2007/2008 half season ticket? Was it 2,500 or half that?

One of my brothers is a staunch Blade, doesn't have a season ticket but goes when he can. He's followed United for years, when he was in Bosnia in the army he introduced some Bosnians to the delights of United, wearing his United shirt when he went out into Sarajevo on his second tour there when things had calmed down a bit.
He's now a plod, and can't get to many matches because of work, so hasn't got many loyalty points.
Is he any less of a Blade? No.
Is it right that he has to wait for tickets to go on general sale? Yes. They are loyalty points, not "Bladeness measurement" points.

Don't tell Lendegoey but....

Burnley are allowing their ST holders to get 3 seats. They even have a bit of a dig at us on their website, saying 'Sheffield United are only allowing 1 ticket each, but we feel our way is fairer..'

The fact that they only have about a third of our numbers of ST holders, of course, has nothing to do with the different rules. :rolleyes:

They are loyalty points, not "Bladeness measurement" points.

this is the exact point i was trying to make with my previous post. there are people unlike you brother who could go but choose not too but could have loads of loyalty points from previous seasons.

when people say "it works fine as it is" this is why i think they are wrong. for example.

joe bloggs and son v Mr M.Ardyarse (pure fiction)

joe bloggs' son got to the age where he got interested in football. so last May joe went and bought a season ticket for him and his son for the 2008/09 championship season. joe bloggs and son got so into the Blades that they went to every home, away, cup and playoff match of the 2008/09 season. the Blades do very well and get to the Championship play off final. unfortunately because this is the first season joe and son have been to the lane they only have a low number loyalty points for arguments sake lets say 4500points (2500season 2000away/cup/playoffs)

then we have Mr. M.Ardyarse hes been a Blade for years but on the 9/2/2008 after another disappointing home draw against Scunthorpe the disillusioned M.Ardyarse went to the car park to protest against Robson's United in this protest he snapped his season ticket threw it on the floor and vowed never to return to BDTBL. He kept to his word didn't return for the remainder of the 2007/08 season and didn't renew for 2008/09. this being said he has been a Blade for years and accrued 10000plus loyalty points.

Now look at the situation again is Joe any less of a blade than M.ardyarse?. NO he isn't.

is Joe any less loyal than M.Ardyarse?. Yes according to this system and people who who say it works fine he is. the fact that M.Ardyarse snapped his card and hasn't been to the Lane since means nothing in the loyalty scheme. the fact that Joe and son have been to every game of the 2008/09 season means nothing.

what it does mean is M.Ardyarse can purchase his ticket on Wednesday for the Play off Finals for the 2008/09 season to which he has been to no games. through choice not through the fact he's working like shorehamview brother. then there is Joe and son that have been to every game in the 2008/09 season and have to wait until Saturday to buy theirs and get potentially worse seats than M.Ardyarse.

how does this scheme show who's loyal and who isn't and how is this fair. i don't think it is.

Don't get me wrong these aren't the ramblings of a bitter man. i have had a season ticket for a few years but i don't attend that many away matches, from my previous post that would put me lower down the pecking order for getting tickets but that's fine by me. i have over 9000points and i could have got my tickets on Wednesday but i chose to wait and get tickets with my friends. but i bet there are people in the situation where they have been to every game of the season and are left waiting in the que behind the "LOYAL"(SUFC's word not mine) non-attending fans who have been to no matches but want to go to the big glory match. i personally believe it needs a massive rethink.

disclaimer before i start getting hate mail/death threats: when i say non attending i mean the people who choose not to go not through having to work.

this is the exact point i was trying to make with my previous post. there are people unlike you brother who could go but choose not too but could have loads of loyalty points from previous seasons.

when people say "it works fine as it is" this is why i think they are wrong. for example.

joe bloggs and son v Mr M.Ardyarse (pure fiction)

joe bloggs' son got to the age where he got interested in football. so last May joe went and bought a season ticket for him and his son for the 2008/09 championship season. joe bloggs and son got so into the Blades that they went to every home, away, cup and playoff match of the 2008/09 season. the Blades do very well and get to the Championship play off final. unfortunately because this is the first season joe and son have been to the lane they only have a low number loyalty points for arguments sake lets say 4500points (2500season 2000away/cup/playoffs)

then we have Mr. M.Ardyarse hes been a Blade for years but on the 9/2/2008 after another disappointing home draw against Scunthorpe the disillusioned M.Ardyarse went to the car park to protest against Robson's United in this protest he snapped his season ticket threw it on the floor and vowed never to return to BDTBL. He kept to his word didn't return for the remainder of the 2007/08 season and didn't renew for 2008/09. this being said he has been a Blade for years and accrued 10000plus loyalty points.

Now look at the situation again is Joe any less of a blade than M.ardyarse?. NO he isn't.

is Joe any less loyal than M.Ardyarse?. Yes according to this system and people who who say it works fine he is. the fact that M.Ardyarse snapped his card and hasn't been to the Lane since means nothing in the loyalty scheme. the fact that Joe and son have been to every game of the 2008/09 season means nothing.

what it does mean is M.Ardyarse can purchase his ticket on Wednesday for the Play off Finals for the 2008/09 season to which he has been to no games. through choice not through the fact he's working like shorehamview brother. then there is Joe and son that have been to every game in the 2008/09 season and have to wait until Saturday to buy theirs and get potentially worse seats than M.Ardyarse.

how does this scheme show who's loyal and who isn't and how is this fair. i don't think it is.

Don't get me wrong these aren't the ramblings of a bitter man. i have had a season ticket for a few years but i don't attend that many away matches, from my previous post that would put me lower down the pecking order for getting tickets but that's fine by me. i have over 9000points and i could have got my tickets on Wednesday but i chose to wait and get tickets with my friends. but i bet there are people in the situation where they have been to every game of the season and are left waiting in the que behind the "LOYAL"(SUFC's word not mine) non-attending fans who have been to no matches but want to go to the big glory match. i personally believe it needs a massive rethink.

disclaimer before i start getting hate mail/death threats: when i say non attending i mean the people who choose not to go not through having to work.

I know what you are saying. I personally am fine. My play off final ticket is in my house waiting to be used. BUT, something needs to be altered as eventually i'm just going to run away with my points and nobody will get near me. They maybe need to have a "rollover" anything older than 18months or 24months gets wiped. That way the people who have accumulated more "RECENT" points would qualify.

Although that would probably mean that i wouldn't come near as i've not been to anywhere near as many away days this season as i wanted to!

I vote ROLLOVER!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but does anyone know how many loyalty points were given for a 2007/2008 half season ticket? Was it 2,500 or half that?

The 2008/2009 leaflet says 1200, so probably the same for the year before?

i have checked online ticketing and i have 9120 points but my season ticket renewal for next year hasnt been added it just says "status RESERV".

Are you saying your renewal has been added already or that it hasn't? Does anyone else know if next seasons have been added yet?

Everyone is judged on the same rules for Point's so no one can really complain.
If they went on the Loyalty scheme as a whole they could have put the starting points at 14000 if they wished, there would be plenty of people who would qualify for it at that.

Loyalty is exactly that and it has to be earned.

Everyone is judged on the same rules for Point's so no one can really complain.
If they went on the Loyalty scheme as a whole they could have put the starting points at 14000 if they wished, there would be plenty of people who would qualify for it at that.

Loyalty is exactly that and it has to be earned.

so back to the hypothetical scenario you think that somebody who hasn't been for 18 months but has accrued enough points in THE PAST is more loyal than somebody who is just starting out but been to every possible match of THE CURRENT season

so back to the hypothetical scenario you think that somebody who hasn't been for 18 months but has accrued enough points in THE PAST is more loyal than somebody who is just starting out but been to every possible match of THE CURRENT season

But by the same token, can you measure "loyalty" in a season? Loyalty implies a long-term emotional attachment to a product or service... is 9 months long-term?

I don't think anyone would argue that a rolling points system can be brought in, but for the most part, the people who qualified first would still qualify first for tickets.

If you propose wiping all points after a season is finished, what happens if we get Manchester United away on the first day of the season? :)

The only thing making the ticket sales a joke, are people panicking about tickets they are GUARANTEED to get.

I think the only panicking, if you can call it that, is that the category of ticket some people want may sell out before they are eligible to buy them.

I think I'll play devils advocate here, it doesn't bother me really as being a ST holder I will get a ticket but the loyalty system is far from perfect. I worked for SUFC on matchdays from 1999 to the end of last season when I packed the job in and bought a season ticket, the loyalty points being part of the reason why I did so. Part of my wages were a match ticket and from 1999 to present I can count on one hand how many home games I have missed how many loyalty points did I get for this ? answer = zip, zilch, zero !!!! I was slowly being ruled out of any chance to get a ticket if I wanted to go to an away match. does the above make me any less of a Blade the somebody who has only started attending in the last two seasons NO, does it make me any less loyal YES it certainly does. The system is tailored to who spends most ££££s, I know a bloke who can be found at virtually every game home and away, pre season friendlies the lot, he makes his own way to games but the time will come when he has less points than fans who use the chicken soup coaches. How many have stood in a queue for cup tickets and the bloke in front buys half a dozen for his mates to save messing about all the loyalty points are added to his card so he sees the same game as me but gets six times the loyalty points because he collects tickets for his mates , I guess there is always some who know how to work the system in their favour.
Now then I've been in the super draw since it was Blades revival or whatever I wonder how many points that will be worth ? well it's a way of getting points without ever attending a match.

Back
Top Bottom