Looking at other PL matches

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
For the first 5/6 months of last season I had been thinking that it was probably the best for us that the likes of Bournemouth, Norwich, Villa and Newcastle etc to lose their matches against the likes of Everton, Arsenal and other PL clubs expected to finish in the top half of the table. This changed in February and March when it were likely for us to finish in the top half of the table.

As for today , do you think is it best for us if Fulham lose to Arsenal?

For the first 5/6 months of last season I had been thinking that it was probably the best for us that the likes of Bournemouth, Norwich, Villa and Newcastle etc to lose their matches against the likes of Everton, Arsenal and other PL clubs expected to finish in the top half of the table. This changed in February and March when it were likely for us to finish in the top half of the table.

As for today , do you think is it best for us if Fulham lose to Arsenal?
Could do with the Serb commin on and making contact with the Arse defenders

Fulham looking decent to be fair. Shame they put their biggest goal threat on the bench.

we will finish behind Arsenal so they may as well take points off teams that will finish below us.

A draw is always a good result whichever other teams are playing. 2 points awarded instead of 3.

I don’t think Leicester or Wolves will necessarily do as well this season. We have a decent chance of finishing 6th or 7th behind Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea/Tottenham.

Fulham looking decent to be fair. Shame they put their biggest goal threat on the bench.

we will finish behind Arsenal so they may as well take points off teams that will finish below us.
No they look horrible. Championship mistakes that are getting punished by an average Arsenal who are hood upfront and poor in defence.

Fulham are pretty shit aren't they. They'll not last long unless they have a manager who knows what they are doing. Parker won't last 3 months this year

Totally agree.....it’s the Fulham style that’s the issue....they play like a shit Arsenal.
Some nice patient tippy tappy technical stuff, slow attacks and open football.

In the Championship their technical superiority will gradually wear teams down
but in the PL they don’t have technical superiority anymore.

Also in the Championship they can play open football and won’t get punished.
Its totally different in the PL.

Agree....based on this match...Fulham look really poor and will be relegated.
I‘ve never rated Scott Parker....last season Fulham has the best individual players...but still only just scraped promotion.

Totally agree.....it’s the Fulham style that’s the issue....they play like a shit Arsenal.
Some nice patient tippy tappy technical stuff, slow attacks and open football.

In the Championship their technical superiority will gradually wear teams down
but in the PL they don’t have technical superiority anymore.

Also in the Championship they can play open football and won’t get punished.
Its totally different in the PL.

Agree....based on this match...Fulham look really poor and will be relegated.
I‘ve never rated Scott Parker....last season Fulham has the best individual players...but still only just scraped promotion.

Should have walked the league last year. Scraped promotion.

Should be four or five easily, really poor defending and tempo is so slow. Not in the championship anymore parker, trying to hide the ball at the back will get you punished.

I've tipped us to finish 7th as for Fulham not seen game but they have been brought back to earth, it's how they react to today do same as Norwich & fucked. Talking personally though I think they may just have enough in the tank to stay up, this time.

I want as many teams as possible being cut adrift and once we are well clear of them I’ll start wanting results the other way round.
Heavy confidence crippling defeats for Fulham, Palace, Leeds, West Ham, West Brom and Brighton please, with Villa to add to the group next week.

Yes, it’s better for us if three teams are shit so we’ve got nothing to worry about.
There are three major things we need to do

Develop the first team training facilities.
Upgrade the academy
Expand the stadium.

To do those, we need to stay in the PL. So, every season our key priority is to survive. And our best bet to do that is to keep Wilder. That requires an acceptance that we might not always finish higher than the previous season, we might not get into Europe, we will lose games because teams have better players than us not because ‘Wilder got his tactics wrong’ and sometimes (perhaps quite often) we’ll have to win ugly.
My biggest concern is complacency and impatience amongst our supporters. I still remember the Charlton fans who turned against Curbishley saying ‘he’s taken us as far as he can’. I’ll take 17th every season until we’ve achieved those three objectives.

I think some of our fans are underestimating the likes of Fulham, Leeds, and Villa this season.

Hope I'm wrong.
They’d have to significantly improve from their game today. Lucky it was kept down to 3.
last season despite having easily the most creative squad in the league they were regularly stifled by their overly conservative manager.
I want them adrift before they replace him with someone who’ll let their talent play.
Leeds? They could be OK but could also struggle with their youth and lack of battle hardened experience to pull them through adversity.
West Brom I think are pretty weak.

I think Leeds could do okay, WBA could scrape survival Fulham have a crap manager and will go down. Parker should have walked the league with that squad last year not scraped his way up through the play offs.. Depends how long they stick with him.

#mufc were beat 1-0 by Aston Villa in today's pre-season friendly with Ollie Watkins' goal in the 38th minute being the decider #mulive [@birmingham_live]

#mufc were beat 1-0 by Aston Villa in today's pre-season friendly with Ollie Watkins' goal in the 38th minute being the decider #mulive [@birmingham_live]

They beat a Manchester United side. Not Manchester United though.

Missing Pogba, Maguire, AWB, Fernandez, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

And JLingz was playing so they were a man down 😉

Bit confusing because on the Brum paper report it said "Ollie Watkins 'scores'." Don't know what the quotation marks are about.

They beat a Manchester United side. Not Manchester United though.

Missing Pogba, Maguire, AWB, Fernandez, Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

And JLingz was playing so they were a man down 😉

Bit confusing because on the Brum paper report it said "Ollie Watkins 'scores'." Don't know what the quotation marks are about.

Ballon d'Or candidate Lingard was playing? Even more impressive Villa won then!

Looking like they'll have a good GK for their match vs. us:

@JPercyTelegraph
Emiliano Martinez is having his medical at #avfc this afternoon. Deal worth around £20m agreed with Arsenal. Martinez set to start Premier League opener against Sheff Utd #afc

Ballon d'Or candidate Lingard was playing? Even more impressive Villa won then!

Looking like they'll have a good GK for their match vs. us:

@JPercyTelegraph
Emiliano Martinez is having his medical at #avfc this afternoon. Deal worth around £20m agreed with Arsenal. Martinez set to start Premier League opener against Sheff Utd #afc

Heaton is a good keeper and Fleck put 2 past him, they need to sort their defence out.

Back
Top Bottom