Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks Panchero ! Interesting read as always

Looks like Leon has not quite hit it off at Wigan !:eek:

Sam Graham made this O’Connell-esque block other day ;)

I watched Sam Graham the other week and he had a stinker, his side was on the end of a real thumping too, I think they lost 8-2?

He is playing round a really poor standard of players though to be fair.

“One of the signs of the apocalypse: Leon Clarke scores”

“Anyone who turned up for free yesterday to watch Leon Clarke got ripped off”

Good to see it’s going well then. :D

I felt really sorry for Marcus Dewhurst – he has been brilliant for us since his arrival

Eh?

I’m sorry for Leon Clarke. Seems he’s lost his way again. He was unbelievable for us in 2017. I hope he gets a good move for next season with a manager that can build him back up. 18 goals last season should be enough to convince someone in the Championship to give him a shot.

If I was a Wigan fan; I'd be waking up every day praising the lords that Dave Whelan chose to shower one of the smallest professional, lower league clubs in the country, with millions and millions thus turning it into a Premier League club.

I wouldn't be arrogantly whining at a decent Championship striker who pitches up and scores goals.

I’m sorry for Leon Clarke. Seems he’s lost his way again. He was unbelievable for us in 2017. I hope he gets a good move for next season with a manager that can build him back up. 18 goals last season should be enough to convince someone in the Championship to give him a shot.

I thought he was a great signing when we bought him but I've also said that we make our strikers look good. The quality and number of chances we create mean we get the absolute most out of or front men.

Their fans were worried when they signed him that it would be a sign of long ball and I really hope that's not how they're using him. One of Clarke's biggest problems in his career is that clubs look at his height and think he's a target man when he really isn't. He's okay in the air, and he's just about okay at hold up play, but he's a classy footballer and that's why we got so much out of him.

I also wonder how much is down to the fact that even after scoring four goals in a game he still looked miserable.

I thought George Cantrill had moved on permanently but obviously not I was speaking to his Mum not long ago perhaps it was before they offered him a contract or something shows you how little I bloody know!

Shocked by the views on Thomas, usually getting slated but this time, sounds like at last it is starting to click, too late for his Blades career though.

Someone mentioned Davie Cooper. What a player he was.

His first club

0af948ea0cb8fecf900530e80a9d545c.jpg

My kind of player. I grew up on Coppell, John Robertson and the peerless Davie Cooper at Celtic.”

Odd fucking childhood.

If I was a Wigan fan; I'd be waking up every day praising the lords that Dave Whelan chose to shower one of the smallest professional, lower league clubs in the country, with millions and millions thus turning it into a Premier League club.

I wouldn't be arrogantly whining at a decent Championship striker who pitches up and scores goals.
Exactly this, it’s like the Leicester City fan we met in the bar at MK after we’d won promotion. He was stood there talking with entitlement that they had to sack Ranieri because they should be doing better, yet he’d just given them their best season ever.

There is a huge sense of entitlement amongst some fans of certain clubs. Clearly Wigan have it

Back
Top Bottom