Little things that have changed since we got promoted

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bromtom

Well-Known Member/ Former F1 Driver Jos Verstappen
Reaction score
Just a thread for all the little things that have changed since we got promoted that may otherwise go unnoticed.

I'll start.

Our official Instagram account has changed from sufc_official to the posher 'sheffieldunited'.

iFollow Blades has fucked off (obviously) and the production value seems to have increased.

They've taken down some unofficial merch on those sell your design sites that've been there donkey's years, claimed by the EPL's legal team.

The BBC have our updated badge now as seen on Football Focus.

Just a thread for all the little things that have changed since we got promoted that may otherwise go unnoticed.

I'll start.

Our official Instagram account has changed from sufc_official to the posher 'sheffieldunited'.

iFollow Blades has fucked off (obviously) and the production value seems to have increased.

They've taken down some unofficial merch on those sell your design sites that've been there donkey's years, claimed by the EPL's legal team.

Surprised they have not tried to buy the twitter handle of "sufc" off the person who owns it.

I'll start.

How has the badge been updated?

Surprised they have not tried to buy the twitter handle of "sufc" off the person who owns it.

Christ! Just seen that someone has that, for his United related tweets, despite having his own personal Twitter too! He needs to do the decent thing and step aside. We'd all rather hear sufc official news from that handle, than read what he thinks.

Christ! Just seen that someone has that, for his United related tweets, despite having his own personal Twitter too! He needs to do the decent thing and step aside. We'd all rather hear sufc official news from that handle, than read what he thinks.

Yeah I wonder if the club could make him an offer for it.

What's the difference? Marginally bigger Blades and rose?

Hardly anything worth noticing.

Every bit of it is a little different, blades, rose, stroke around the circles, spacing of the letters.

It's not a huge change in the grand scheme, but it's different enough and has been that way for long enough that it probably should have been changed on the BBC sooner than this week.

As someone who's been to a fair few Citeh games (benefits of growing up in Glossop where a lot of my family are Citeh fans) - one thing I'm looking forward to is the 'match day experienced' improving significantly.

Hopefully the PL will bring a much more varied offering both within the ground when it comes to food and drink, but also the level of service. Still not been able to buy a half time beer and drink it and not miss the second half....

Their offerings in the Superstore make ours look like a jumble sale and I'm assuming adidas will be suddenly giving us the A* service for next season.

One thing Citeh also have is a fan zone as you get off the tram at their stadium. Be interesting to see if we embrace that kind of thing or whether that kind of speak is sacrilege...

As someone who's been to a fair few Citeh games (benefits of growing up in Glossop where a lot of my family are Citeh fans) - one thing I'm looking forward to is the 'match day experienced' improving significantly.

Hopefully the PL will bring a much more varied offering both within the ground when it comes to food and drink, but also the level of service. Still not been able to buy a half time beer and drink it and not miss the second half....

Their offerings in the Superstore make ours look like a jumble sale and I'm assuming adidas will be suddenly giving us the A* service for next season.

One thing Citeh also have is a fan zone as you get off the tram at their stadium. Be interesting to see if we embrace that kind of thing or whether that kind of speak is sacrilege...
isn't our fanzone the burger bar on the corner of John street and shoreham street?

I wonder if the player are all going to arrive on the team bus and walk in one by one so the fans can high-five and get pictures as they walk past.

I do agree on some points though, the Superstore needs less shite and more quality and the catering needs a good revamp. Does anyone know if that "bottoms up" trial they had was a success and we're looking to use it next season...? As for a "Fan Zone" I don't think we'll be needing one just yet but if they encourage new and younger fans to the club then get one sorted, we're now in the perfect place to steal the youngsters who haven't really taken to a club yet.

At Rotherham and Derby away last year they had fan zones of sorts whereby you could get refreshments outside the ground and it allowed fans to mix freely. Its common in the Bundesliga as well.

I think given the limited space around Bramall Lane and the number of pubs and eateries in close proximity its probably a none starter. Would be nice though to have the option of getting to the ground an hour/half an hour early and getting a pint of something vaguely drinkable in a reasonably quick time.

If Meghan Markle could get a Reading fan from Sussex to give up his Instagram handle...

I don't know who is responsible for the Forged in steel stuff but to outsiders that is inspired. A Portsmouth friend and a Sunderland friend ,both already jealous of our Blades nickname ,badge city centre ground and team think that the forged in steel promotion was brilliant.

At Rotherham and Derby away last year they had fan zones of sorts whereby you could get refreshments outside the ground and it allowed fans to mix freely. Its common in the Bundesliga as well.

I think given the limited space around Bramall Lane and the number of pubs and eateries in close proximity its probably a none starter. Would be nice though to have the option of getting to the ground an hour/half an hour early and getting a pint of something vaguely drinkable in a reasonably quick time.
West Brom had it too ,if the owners of the Sheaf had owt about them they could put a fence around their grounds and turn it into one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom