Likening Current Players to Blades Legends

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Deadly_D'Jaffo

Reaction score
I'll start:

Current Player : John Egan
Blades Legend : David Holdworth

Both very classy, very strong defenders with leadership qualities to boot. Egan has also shown he can pose a threat from attacking set pieces that Reg also had.

Which is the better?

It's a tough call but purely for playing a huge role in getting us promoted I'll have to go with Jarn Aygarn fram Carrk.

I'll start:

Both very classy, very strong defenders with leadership qualities to boot. Egan has also shown he can pose a threat from attacking set pieces that Reg also had.

Which is the better?

It's a tough call but purely for playing a huge role in getting us promoted I'll have to go with Jarn Aygarn fram Carrk.
Tough one because Holdsworth is probably my favourite United player, non Deane section. I think Egan might nick it eventually but Holdsworth was quality

And he had the Coventry goal :)

Holdsworth is not a Blades legend.

Good player? Yes
Legend? No

Fair shout. Nothing was really won during his time. Perhaps I just look back at that brief but orgasmic Spackman era and elevate the status of players in that side :)

....including Nicky Marker.

I'll start:

Which is the better?

Holdsworth was good with the ball and had a good scoring rate for a defender but he wasnt that much of a defender,

Egan is much better

The O.P smashed it apart from identifying Holdsworth as a “Blades Legend”.

Deane is Blades Legend
So is Edwards, Currie, Hagan, Woodward etc
There’s a dozen or so others on the way.
Bad Boy Billy is up there for supping up, strolling out and leaving their main face sparko.
Sharp is getting very close as is Agana.
Basham has that cult feeling. Sir Bob is there for the bits he did with Blades fans.

The O.P smashed it apart from identifying Holdsworth as a “Blades Legend”.

Deane is Blades Legend
So is Edwards, Currie, Hagan, Woodward etc
There’s a dozen or so others on the way.
Bad Boy Billy is up there for supping up, strolling out and leaving their main face sparko.
Sharp is getting very close as is Agana.
Basham has that cult feeling. Sir Bob is there for the bits he did with Blades fans.

Sharp is there for me. Don't know what more he could do to achieve legend status outside of the ridiculously improbable given his age and where we are, like winning a cup.

Academy, record breaking striker, captain, champions of league one, promoted to the Premier League.

Bash too for his ungainly but skillful play, fitness, self effacing and humourous nature, and effort.

Think the Irish pair of Egan and Stevens could become legends too down the line.

I would compare Egan more to Paul McGrath,who was not a legend at our club,but he was at Man United and Villa.

McGraths knees had gone,but someone persuaded him to give it a go with us,he couldn’t train he couldn’t even warm up before a game,yet he was Man of the Match every game he played for us,sadly his knees just gave up.
I think Egan is the better stand in goalie though,going on that save v Millwall

I would compare Egan more to Paul McGrath,who was not a legend at our club,but he was at Man United and Villa.

McGraths knees had gone,but someone persuaded him to give it a go with us,he couldn’t train he couldn’t even warm up before a game,yet he was Man of the Match every game he played for us,sadly his knees just gave up.
I think Egan is the better stand in goalie though,going on that save v Millwall

Egan's knees have gone?! :eek:

Think this team is legendary, regardless of whether certain individuals in it are.

Back
Top Bottom