Player Suggestion Lewis Cook

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kanye

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of value to be had raiding relegated clubs. We're a team that have to look for good value, as we're clearly not going to be out-spending many teams, nor do we need to.

The club appear to have concrete interest in Ramsdale, and their have been a few (ambitious) suggestions of moving for Brooks, Wilson or King. One Bournemouth player who I haven't seen mentioned is Lewis Cook.

He started his career at Leeds, coming through their academy and playing 37 times in his debut season, in which he was only 17 when he made his first appearance. He was regarded as one of the best young players in the country, and wound up being sold to Bournemouth during the summer of 2016.

At Bournemouth, he never seemed to get going. A combination of poor performances, injuries and often being played in the wrong position meant that he never really lived up to the £10m fee the cherries paid.

He's a central midfielder, who could well play a deep play-making roll, but would likely also be comfortable in a more advanced roll too. His passing range is excellent and his creativity would go some way to helping us produce more chances too. His fitness and aggression could well be improved upon, but Wilder and Knill are no stranger to improving and re-igniting players.

Thoughts?

As the media have made no mention of him CW is probably signing him right now !
Just need three more that no one has mentioned and we are all ready for the new season

Doesn't look the same player since the serious injury.

Yep, had the dreaded ACL injury, which can be pretty nasty, and has obviously had a big effect on his career trajectory. I don't see why he can't get back to pre-injury levels though.

Their were questions about McGoldrick's injury record and fitness when we signed him. Perhaps said issues were a blessing, as without them, there would have likely been a lot more competition for his signature. Maybe the same could be said about Cook.

Star suggesting today that we are 2nd favs behind Leeds to sign Cook from Bournmouth

Good player - not an area I would have thought we would be looking to strengthen though.

They are just reporting SkyBet's odds on who's in the running to sign Cook. No inside info.

Reasonable to assume that they probably are though, given he used to play for them and they will likely have a sell-on so can pay more.

Back
Top Bottom