Let's not dress it up...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That was wank and we need another 3 players or this season is going to be a struggle
It was wank, you’re right.

We need to play the players we have in the system we know. Too defensive and destined to fail.

Horrible set up today.

He needs to drop Evans for Duffy and bring in sharp alongside Clarke or mcG

Particularly when we’re at home, should be taking the game to the opposition but we are playing two midfield players with not a lot of creativity between them - and no idea why he’s shoved Fleck on to the left of the three.

Desperate for someone with a killer pass to split their defence today. Good analysis at half time on Sky - Swansea leaving their wingers up, while we were in possession, nullified our wingbacks and caused us to be light through the middle to final third. Need to be more dynamic when things get tight.

Basham, lundstrum and Clarke were league 2 today ... should not be near a championship team

We weren't great for sure. Bash looked miles off, plus Clarke and lundy as you say. Also Stephens aint good enough.

It's early days but I would love another striker. Cant see us scoring many this year.

Still we could have been 3 up if we had taken our chances and then Swans come back would not have mattered.

The board situation has taken the headlines this summer, that's the biggest prob we have for me, but our best signing so far this season has been Wilder.

Very disappointing performance.

Swansea won by not having to do very much at all. In a way I’m relived Swansea were so defensive for long periods because when they were behind and had a go at us they cut through us at will.

Let’s hope they are one of the best sides we play this season.

Would have preferred us to settle the point after Swansea equalised and looked on top, poor game management which we were guilty of many times last season.

Potter, the Swansea manager is getting plaudits for leaving his wingers up, nullifying our fullbacks. Fuckin Bravo. Where is our plan, “they’re keeping their wingers up top knilly, nullifying our fullbacks.”well at half time change it, bring Duffy/ Woodburn on, play more through the middle. I’m no manager, and I’m probably talking bollox. But have we not got a plan b or c.

Best transfer window ever tho ffs

We need to play the players we have in the system we know. Too defensive and destined to fail.

Horrible set up today.

Sorry but we need some strikers, all three today had no legs, they've gone unfortunately.

Sorry but we need some strikers, all three today had no legs, they've gone unfortunately.
That hits the nail on the head. Watching the forward line today you could tell that they are all at the arse end of their careers. Giving Clarke a three year contract at 32 was a stupid move. What was Wilder thinking when he suggested this? I’m trying not to get too despondent but I honestly think we are in for a very tough season. Love Bashams effort but not good enough at this level. Stevens, Evans and Lundstrum are League 1 quality at best. You can’t get away with carrying four players at this level and hope to get away with it. Here’s hoping some new players are in by Thursday but I’m not holding my breath.

Yet ironically, we were 1-0 up at home against a promotion rival and we're blaming the strikers?????

Yep. This was our problem last season. We are incapable of holding on to a lead.

When we go one up we should go 4 at the back and play the game out. Other teams do this against us with ease.

Yet ironically, we were 1-0 up at home against a promotion rival and we're blaming the strikers?????

Whilst I accept your point, there was no out ball today. We were basically trapped in our box because there's no pace and no one is particularly good in the air. Brooks offered that an option when he played. Hopefully Woodburn will as well.

Architects of our own downfall tonight.
Piss poor passing .complete lack of drive and no creativity . Duffy and all the midfield were laboured in every move. One shot on target. Just were not in the groove in every position. They didn't show character we showed them an open door with wayward passes and poor marking.was as bad as the first 4 games when CW started here let's hope for the same response

None of them scored or barely touched the ball

Yet we couldn't hold on to a lead...

Same as Brentford, Barnsley, Cardiff, Millwall....

How many leads do we have to throw away before we realize where the problem lies???

Can we please learn to just keep possession and defend in numbers???

Horrible set up today.

Obviously this will be taken as an anti Billy post but he won't provide the pace we are short of upfront.

Whilst I accept your point, there was no out ball today. We were basically trapped in our box because there's no pace and no one is particularly good in the air. Brooks offered that an option when he played. Hopefully Woodburn will as well.

Let's hope Woodburns decision making is better. Brooks provided an option but much of the time got nowhere. Let's not pretend otherwise. The results at the end of last season show that.

Obviously this will be taken as an anti Billy post but he won't provide the pace we are short of upfront.
I don’t think we always need pace, but we do always need goals.

Sometimes we don’t need to chase the game with pace, sometimes, like yesterday we were crying out for decent balls in for the strikers and for the strikers to get on in behind them

Second half yesterday was a billy type game

Enough agree with me looking your replies received.

Well based on replies and likes you must be either the second coming of Pep Guardiola or spouting the same tired old bollocks our fan base rolls out every time we lose...

If only Chris Wilder could see sense and have you on speed dial....

I'm disappointed with Fleck, I don't know what role he's been told to play but he just doesn't influence a game at all.

Lundstram and Evans playing together shouldn't happen, but that's a different discussion.

Fleck used to pick the ball up in midfield, twist and turn, then drive to the edge of the box.

Then as he was closed down he could slip a ball in behind the full back for the wide man or slip the ball through for the strikers.

With the protection of TWO defensive midfielders behind him He should be getting forward, not making three defensive midfielders

Back
Top Bottom