Let’s not laugh at Leeds...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grealish doesn’t dive?!?! Christ, he’s incessant. :eek: He even dived when that Brum fan slapped him. If, when a player goes down, he gets both feet off the ground at the same time; he’s diving.

I suspect that you’re under 30, FFB, possibly nearer 20. Neither Grealish nor Hazard, have never been subject to a proper foul in their careers. In a contact sport, those two twats feel the slightest contact and go down.

I’ve seen worse players, get hit with more robust challenges and stay on their feet. Have a look on YouTube for Strachan v. Uruguay.

He has all the skill and vision to be a great player and yet relies upon shithousery. Bielsa once said something along the lines of ‘think about what kind of football we are passing on to the next generation’. Grealish in totality doesn’t represent something I’d want to pass on to the next generation and be seen as acceptable.

I don’t get how anyone can slag him off

A fan literally ran on the pitch and twatted him he then didn’t complain got up and scored the winner in a local derby ?
I’d like that to be the character one of our players had

I don’t get how anyone can slag him off

A fan literally ran on the pitch and twatted him he then didn’t complain got up and scored the winner in a local derby ?
I’d like that to be the character one of our players had

Are you his agent?

He might not feign contact but contact that shouldn't be troubling him launches him across the pitch. Half the time it's like he suddenly forgets he has legs.

You really, really have to love Grealish to not see how much of an play actor he is.

No he doesn’t dive he hasn’t been booked once in his entire career for diving he doesn’t dive
Winning fouls is different to diving

You're his Dad aren't you?
There's absolutely no reason on God's green earth anyone would exonerate the cheating wanker if they weren't

Duffy isn't Champions league standard either, so his goalscoring record is a good indicator. If you're an attacking midfielder player in a top side you have to weigh in with goals. The higher up you go the harder they are to come by. The player he's being linked with replacing is Erikson at Spurs who has 49 in 206 games.Brooks has 7 in 30 at a younger age, at a higher level. At the highest level free kicks have to have a high degree of success or you get somebody else to take them. I would point his lack of real speed, strength, shooting ability and positional awareness as other weaknesses in his game.There's a reason he's where he is at his age.Nobody has blown Villa's house down for him. Unless he's a late developer with outstanding potential and everybody is missing something?

You're making the free-kick point again, but does Grealish genuinely take them? You've already said he takes penalties, which wasn't right. In my mind, I can't remember Grealish being a big free-kick taker. So it's potentially a moot point.

The goalscoring point overall is fair. He probably does need to improve on that. But he's scored a goal every five games this season. Compared with Eriksen's record of a goal every four games, it's not miles off. Bear in mind though, I'm not saying Grealish is a Champs League player. In my mind, I see him as a player who can play for a side in that mid-table range (Leicester, Wolves, Everton, you know the ones I mean) and make an impact.

No he doesn’t dive he hasn’t been booked once in his entire career for diving he doesn’t dive
Winning fouls is different to diving

I’m afraid that this is bollocks.

You don’t have to completely falsify contact to dive. Intentionally creating contact with another player and then throwing yourself to the ground feigning serious injury is still a dive. Grealish has exceptionally quick feet and intentionally looks for and often generates the contact and then hurls himself to the ground in an effort to get a free kick and a card for the opponent, often when neither is warranted. That to me is a dive and a sad example of cheating the referee.

As most people have stated, if he stayed on his feet and looked to beat a man rather than cheat a free kick then he would be a far more productive (and likeable) player.

You're making the free-kick point again, but does Grealish genuinely take them? You've already said he takes penalties, which wasn't right. In my mind, I can't remember Grealish being a big free-kick taker. So it's potentially a moot point.

The goalscoring point overall is fair. He probably does need to improve on that. But he's scored a goal every five games this season. Compared with Eriksen's record of a goal every four games, it's not miles off. Bear in mind though, I'm not saying Grealish is a Champs League standard player necessarily. In my mind, I see him as a player who can play for a side in that mid-table range (Leicester, Wolves, Everton, you know the ones I mean) and make an impact.

I'm looking at his overall career, not just this season. I think Eriksen would get a lot more than a goal every four games at Championship level and below. It's a big step up or down.

Ye gods, what a pity Leeds didn't make it two Yorkshire teams up top...all we're left with is Frank Lampard's Derby County vs John Terry's Aston Villa as a big Wembley wankathon...whatever will the commentators find to talk about? I can hardly fucking wait...
They could talk about how long the losers will last next season before they go into financial meltdown?

Cant undetstand what all the fuss is about him tbh. Hes had a very competitive budget to get Leeds up and has failed. Simple as.

Bielsa's reputation is based on his (once) innovative tactics and approach to opposition analysis. There is a reason why so many of his disciples, including Pochettino & Guardiola, cite him as an inspiration in their own management careers, at the highest level.

His own personal success in management has been mixed, but his reputation in football won't be affected by whether or not he got Leeds United promoted.

His influence on the game is huge.

The majority of our fanbase (if this forum is anything to go on) thought we got top money for Brooks

Really? :confused: That's not how I remember it.

I'm looking at his overall career, not just this season. I think Eriksen would get a lot more than a goal every four games at Championship level and below. It's a big step up or down.

I'm talking about his career too. I genuinely don't know. Maybe you're right.

But yes, you're spot on with Eriksen. He definitely would score more at this level. But I don't think Jack Grealish is Christian Eriksen.

Back to the OP.

It was amazing really how Leeds managed to turn it around into Derby’s favour and throw it all away. One and a half games played and Derby hadn’t had a single shot on target for the dodgy Leeds keeper to save. Leeds were 2 up and totally in control, it was just a matter of how many they’d win by.

But then almost on half-time Derby’s Blades fan scored and...how can I describe it? They just...well...totally FELL APART (again). in front of the viewing millions. A fantastic achievement by Leeds really, it’d have been much easier for them to win it.

I'm talking about his career too. I genuinely don't know. Maybe you're right.

But yes, you're spot on with Eriksen. He definitely would score more at this level. But I don't think Jack Grealish is Christian Eriksen.

Neither do I. Not on the same level ability wise. Maybe he's not the same type of player, but for me he's a ten or a winger, and he has to show the potential to match those players at the elite clubs - if he's going to succeed there. I chose Erikson because of the press speculation linking him as his replacement He will have a top coach there so it'd be a top move for him and his development imo. Part of the fascination with the game for me is spotting players and then forecasting how far in the game a player willl go.Who we should sign/sell etc based on the potential they have. All guesswork (hopefully informed guesswork).

I don't t get the Grealish hate tbh. My best pal is a villa fan and he says he just gets fouled constantly. I have to agree. Yes he hits the deck easy bit probably to avoid getting injured. Imagine getting crunched every 5 mins you'd want to avoid injury too. He's good enough for spurs.

D6qyFzfW0AE9xWJ.jpg

I don't t get the Grealish hate tbh. My best pal is a villa fan and he says he just gets fouled constantly. I have to agree. Yes he hits the deck easy bit probably to avoid getting injured. Imagine getting crunched every 5 mins you'd want to avoid injury too. He's good enough for spurs.

Villa fan defending own cheating diving twat of a player shocker.
Perhaps you think that other cowardly cheating sack of shit Bamford just spends 90minutes getting elbowed in the face.
I wish to fuck he did.

Perhaps you think that other cowardly cheating sack of shit Bamford just spends 90minutes getting elbowed in the face.

Lets be honest - they are both odious - but at least Grealish also has the game to back up his attitude. Bamford doesn`t.

Won`t happen, but I'd snap your arm off if offered Grealish - he'd be incredible in the Duffy role...

Lets be honest - they are both odious - but at least Grealish also has the game to back up his attitude. Bamford doesn`t.

Won`t happen, but I'd snap your arm off if offered Grealish - he'd be incredible in the Duffy role...

Wilder would rid him of his cheating in a heartbeat. I agree Grealish has a lot of talent which is what makes his disgusting behaviour all the worse.
Bamford is just a wanker.
As a player and as a man.

Villa fan defending own cheating diving twat of a player shocker.
I wish to fuck he did.

No Bamford is a cunt I agree.

Grealish is a good player and I assume he just gets sick of being fouled all the time. Don't really give a toss he's not our player but that's my 2c.

No Bamford is a cunt I agree.

Grealish is a good player and I assume he just gets sick of being fouled all the time. Don't really give a toss he's not our player but that's my 2c.

Fair play. Where we differ is you say he gets fouled all the time and I say in the majority of incidents he manufactures a foul. He's very very clever at it but when the concensus in football generally is that he does do that I think it really is likely tobe the case.
Gayle is another.

Wow! That just shows how good our defence was in that period compared to everyone else. Added to the fact we were second top scorers too.

And considering 6 of those 14 conceded came in two games (Villa & Bristol City) then we let in just 8 goals in the other 21 games.
By anyone's standards that is outstanding.

Wouldn’t you chop him down with that clever twat haircut and his socks rolled down like TC if you were playing against him?
He’s just asking for it.

Back
Top Bottom