Let’s not laugh at Leeds...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He dominates every game and has been the best player on the pitch every match for villa.

Man united are after him and spurs nearly signed him last year

Suppose it’s the same as any player moving up to the prem but I’d say he’s looked better than Maddison in the champ.
He’s a quality player, turned Villas season around, got them to Wembley and he will be in Prem next season!
I’d sign him, maybe Chris has him on radar,
If not him Lawrence from FLDCFC.
Exciting times ahead!
Roll on August

The cheers for the Derby goals and at full time in our pub made it sound like it was in the middle of Derby, the dislike for Leeds seems like it will never end, for years young fans have disliked them and have no idea why, it's leeds, init,

Villa can be as flaky as Leeds. Really hope Derby come up with us. They’ve got a team full of loan players and Chelsea will pinch Lampard in the summer. So there’s one of the 3 clubs we need to be better than next season.

This⬆️
If Villa go up they will spend big and be yet another club who cheat FFP. Talking of cheating you can see the John cnut Terry influence throughout their team. Every time the ref blows his whistle 2 or 3 Villa players are in his face, they all throw their arms in the air and abuse the ref every time they go down. Well schooled in the dark arts now, pity I always used to have a soft spot for them dating back to the Sid Cowans, Mortimer, Withe era.

Why so much hate towards grealish

He’s quality and is the best player in the championship and is still at villa cause he’s a boyhood villa fan just like with our bill

He’s far too good for villa and should be playing for a top 6 team
But we will not be interested in him ;)

Seems like this thread has split into two discussions: Jack Grealish and Leeds United. And so in the interests of embracing both sides...

I think Grealish is class. He's the best player in the Championship for me. I'd love it if he didn't roll around so much, but that doesn't take away from his overall game. He has the ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate. Everything goes through him, he always shows for the ball, he's skillful, he can score goals. He's everything you want in that Duffy role. If he didn't roll around so much, or have fancy hair, or have his socks rolled down to his ankles, or have any of those other little things which instantly make a player slightly more dislikeable in the eyes of most football fans, he'd have a lot more fans.

Regarding Leeds, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No sympathy. Enjoyed last night immensely. They were all over us after we lost Bristol City, after we dropped points at Millwall, after we got promoted, after Wilder won the LMA trophy. Absolutely all over us. Fuck 'em.

i said my genuine commiserations to the leeds fan ive know a few years, because we know pain of play offs Sunderland Burnley Huddersfield Yeovil & Swindon but it was a cracking game. i cant believe leeds 2nd half, leeds got rattled. the pressure got to them. dont want to use the cliche. as defence went gone to pieces. but they were falling apart

keeper lost the plot for 1-1 what was he & defender thinking, then lack of trust fed through the defence causing the collapse. cooper lost his head giving that pen away for 3-1. & marking was atrocious for 4-2.

He’s a quality player, turned Villas season around, got them to Wembley and he will be in Prem next season!
I’d sign him, maybe Chris has him on radar,
If not him Lawrence from FLDCFC.
Exciting times ahead!
Roll on August

I've said this before but whatever you think of Grealish as a player, he's not remotely in our price range.

View attachment 53763

The league on Christmas Day

interesting that in the 2nd half of season our total wouldve been enough for 102 pts & the title. norwich got 47pts both halves, leeds wouldve been enough for 70pts & 8th

I've said this before but whatever you think of Grealish as a player, he's not remotely in our price range.

didn't Tottenham nearly buy him for £40m last summer

Did you watch the playoffs? I thought he was bang average in those. Hourihane, McGinn definitely better in those two for a start.

I imagine we'll see anyway next season, but I really don't get it currently.

The fawning over Grealish makes me laugh. The bloke will be 24 at the star of next season having played over a hundred games at Championship level and above.He has 20 goals in 150 games and has regularly taken free kicks and penalties during the majority of his career. The majority of our fanbase (if this forum is anything to go on) thought we got top money for Brooks which makes the deference to Grealish - an infinitely more limited player to anyone with eyes - even more staggering imo. I would much rather have Leeds' Jack Clarke who has far more potential.

The fawning over Grealish makes me laugh. The bloke will be 24 at the star of next season having played over a hundred games at Championship level and above.He has 20 goals in 150 games and has regularly taken free kicks and penalties during the majority of his career. The majority of our fanbase (if this forrum is anything to go on) thought we got top money for Brooks which makes the deference to Grealish - an infinitely more limited player - even more staggering imo. I would much rather have Leeds' Jack Clarke who has far more potential.

I think he’s not even the best player in their squad. McGinn is better

The fawning over Grealish makes me laugh. The bloke will be 24 at the star of next season having played over a hundred games at Championship level and above.He has 20 goals in 150 games and has regularly taken free kicks and penalties during the majority of his career. The majority of our fanbase (if this forrum is anything to go on) thought we got top money for Brooks which makes the deference to Grealish - an infinitely more limited player - even more staggering imo. I would much rather have Leeds' Jack Clarke who has far more potential.

I feel like I'm going crazy, even if I dislike a player, I can usually spot when they're decent anyway. I just don't see anything particularly special in Grealish. He's good but I can't see him being anywhere near Champions League football anytime soon.

I'd take Dack over Grealish myself.

Dan James for me is the only player in the Championship who is completely different gravy.

It's a bit weird to pick out his scoring record. That's not what his game is about. It's like criticising Duffy's goalscoring record. And in any case, Grealish hasn't taken a single penalty in the past three seasons for Villa. Tammy Abraham took them all this year. I actually think his penalty in the shootout the other day was the first time Grealish has taken a penalty for Villa in a competitive game. I'm not certain about free kicks, but it's a jump to think that free kicks = goals. The likes of Harry Wilson are a special case.

I feel like I'm going crazy, even if I dislike a player, I can usually spot when they're decent anyway. I just don't see anything particularly special in Grealish. He's good but I can't see him being anywhere near Champions League football anytime soon.

I'd take Dack over Grealish myself.

Dan James for me is the only player in the Championship who is completely different gravy.

Stick Grealish in the Premier League and he has a similar impact to James Maddison. Might be hard to come to an agreement over how exactly you quantify that, but I'd be happy to put a bet on it!

Grealish doesn’t dive he’s just one of those players that’s always gonna be fouled cause he dribbles players. Like hazard etc ... he’s always gonna fouled

He does dive in the conventional sense, but worse than that he deliberately runs into opposing players and throws himself down. The crap Championship refs work on a "man down = free kick" logic, so he wins a free kick and often enough some poor sap picks up a yellow.

He is the worst kind of cheat, rolling around feigning serious injury and doing all he can to get opposing players yellow carded.

The worst thing is that he does have plenty of talent. If he ditched the diving and just used his skill and pace he'd be one hell of a player. As it is at the moment, he is a caricature.

Wanker!

It's all about opinions etc but think Grealish's 'antics' are blinding people to his quality a bit. Not saying he's the 2nd coming of Maradona but if you offered 23 Championship managers the choice of Grealish, Dack or McGinn, all 23 would make the same choice.

Stick Grealish in the Premier League and he has a similar impact to James Maddison. Might be hard to come to an agreement over how exactly you quantify that, but I'd be happy to put a bet on it!

I'd bet on the opposite to be honest.

I hated Maddison too at Norwich, head shithouser, so it's not just "oh he hates Grealish" but he had less experience than Grealish and scored 14 and got 8 assists for Norwich before he left, Grealish has never got anywhere near that.

In fact Maddison has got more goals and assists in the Prem than Grealish has in the champ.

Brooks and Maddison went, because it's obvious they should have, if Grealish was up there too he'd be gone aswell. As everyone pointed out when Brooks went, money > loyalty.

Suppose we'll find out either way next season.

It's a bit weird to pick out his scoring record. That's not what his game is about. It's like criticising Duffy's goalscoring record. And in any case, Grealish hasn't taken a single penalty in the past three seasons for Villa. Tammy Abraham took them all this year. I actually think his penalty in the shootout the other day was the first time Grealish has taken a penalty for Villa in a competitive game. I'm not certain about free kicks, but it's a jump to think that free kicks = goals. The likes of Harry Wilson are a special case.

Duffy isn't Champions league standard either, so his goalscoring record is a good indicator. If you're an attacking midfielder player in a top side you have to weigh in with goals. The higher up you go the harder they are to come by. The player he's being linked with replacing is Erikson at Spurs who has 49 in 206 games.Brooks has 7 in 30 at a younger age, at a higher level. At the highest level free kicks have to have a high degree of success or you get somebody else to take them. I would point his lack of real speed, strength, shooting ability and positional awareness as other weaknesses in his game.There's a reason he's where he is at his age.Nobody has blown Villa's house down for him. Unless he's a late developer with outstanding potential and everybody is missing something?

He does dive in the conventional sense, but worse than that he deliberately runs into opposing players and throws himself down. The crap Championship refs work on a "man down = free kick" logic, so he wins a free kick and often enough some poor sap picks up a yellow.

He is the worst kind of cheat, rolling around feigning serious injury and doing all he can to get opposing players yellow carded.

The worst thing is that he does have plenty of talent. If he ditched the diving and just used his skill and pace he'd be one hell of a player. As it is at the moment, he is a caricature.

Wanker!

He has too, because he doesn't have the speed, strength and exploveness to get away from them. George Best (extreme example) would've just bounded past them on balance.

Wanker!
You could easily have been talking about Forest Tree Fairy there.

It's all about opinions etc but think Grealish's 'antics' are blinding people to his quality a bit. Not saying he's the 2nd coming of Maradona but if you offered 23 Championship managers the choice of Grealish, Dack or McGinn, all 23 would make the same choice.

Agreed.If he stopped rolling over constantly and started to bounce off the tackles a la Gascoigne, Messi etc. you would see how good he actually is. The goal against Rotherham reminded me of Gazza.

I'd bet on the opposite to be honest.

I hated Maddison too at Norwich, head shithouser, so it's not just "oh he hates Grealish" but he had less experience than Grealish and scored 14 and got 8 assists for Norwich before he left, Grealish has never got anywhere near that.

In fact Maddison has got more goals and assists in the Prem than Grealish has in the champ.

Brooks and Maddison went, because it's obvious they should have, if Grealish was up there too he'd be gone aswell. As everyone pointed out when Brooks went, money > loyalty.

Suppose we'll find out either way next season.

Hah, I figured you'd bet on the opposite that's why I literally offered you a bet on it :)

Ye gods, what a pity Leeds didn't make it two Yorkshire teams up top...all we're left with is Frank Lampard's Derby County vs John Terry's Aston Villa as a big Wembley wankathon...whatever will the commentators find to talk about? I can hardly fucking wait...

Wanker!
No he doesn’t dive he hasn’t been booked once in his entire career for diving he doesn’t dive
Winning fouls is different to diving

Back
Top Bottom