Lessons learnt from the season so far

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wadblade

Reaction score
1) We dominate games, but we cannot not always win them

2) Tactically I think CW made a mistake in the derby not playing Clarke from the start. We lacked a physical presence and overplayed it on the wings looking for the perfect ball

3) Re the Duffy replacement, we have found him and his names McGoldrick. If we do have the money then although everyone is talking of Freeman, I still feel that Bradley Dack could do a lot for us.

4) Re forwards I am sure that a fit Carrol could do the biz, if not how about a punt on Benteke at Crystal Palace, out of favour and a spell in the championship could benefit him and the Blades, but I think we will probably end up with someone like Michael Smith at Rotherham

In CW we Trust

UTB

We need to score, and score more than the other team.

2) Tactically I think CW made a mistake in the derby not playing Clarke from the start. We lacked a physical presence and overplayed it on the wings looking for the perfect ball

3) Re the Duffy replacement, we have found him and his names McGoldrick. If we do have the money then although everyone is talking of Freeman, I still feel that Bradley Dack could do a lot for us.

4) Re forwards I am sure that a fit Carrol could do the biz, if not how about a punt on Benteke at Crystal Palace, out of favour and a spell in the championship could benefit him and the Blades, but I think we will probably end up with someone like Michael Smith at Rotherham

In CW we Trust

UTB

Point 1 correct
Point 2 incorrect
Point 3 incorrect
Point 4 delusional

1: Agree but that’s what happened in league 1 when teams realised park the bus and we struggle. Wilder brought in a big target man (Hanson)and altho very limited his mere presence in and around the penalty box was making us a real threat.
2: See your point but disagree, McG played some great link play on Friday. If we had started with Clarke then no doubt many would now be saying we should have started with McGoldrick. Those 2 have been our best performing pair so would take a brave man to change it,
3: McG is capable of playing the Duffy role but he’s no where near as good at it. The rewards to QPR and Blackburn this season are massive so it will take a stupid bid of 12 million plus to sign up any of those players. We can’t afford them.
4: Lets say we contribute £100,000 a week towards Bentekes wages, we have him for 20 weeks, so cost would be 2 million, which we can afford.

Clean sheets also seem to help, although, that's only something I've read........

In CW we Trust

UTB
I agree but can't see a certain section of our so called fans approving of David McG playing in the old number 10 position barring injuries. Poor Chris is being hampered by these pratts & their unwanted opinions ....which are heard seen by the board ...... FFS let CHRIS manage his squad if you don't like it fucking lump it.! We have missed Leon' s physical presence he does everything CW asks of him so he should always be in the starting 11 no contest. Billy needs Leon to at least give him ace service for a goal each game. Leon isn't a selfish player he is happy to assist. Billy gets ace service from Leon.
... from our golden midfielders he gets nothing unless occasionally from Oli Norwood our best attacking midfielder..

That the pubs of Derby are way better than a town of its nature should have and that all places with excellent drinking establishments should have 1730 kick offs (provided there is still a train home)

In CW we Trust

UTB
Media reckon we're on for Defoe and Shane Long.

In CW we Trust

UTB
1. We’re not going to win every game.
2. That’s not a lesson learnt, it’s just your opinion.
3. As point 2
4. As point 2

So the ‘lessons learnt’ are we dominate games but can’t always win. Deep.

I agree but can't see a certain section of our so called fans approving of David McG playing in the old number 10 position barring injuries. Poor Chris is being hampered by these pratts & their unwanted opinions ....which are heard seen by the board ...... FFS let CHRIS manage his squad if you don't like it fucking lump it.! We have missed Leon' s physical presence he does everything CW asks of him so he should always be in the starting 11 no contest. Billy needs Leon to at least give him ace service for a goal each game. Leon isn't a selfish player he is happy to assist. Billy gets ace service from Leon.
... from our golden midfielders he gets nothing unless occasionally from Oli Norwood our best attacking midfielder..
Are you suggesting Wilder panders to the fans with his team selections? That he’s really that weak?

Back
Top Bottom