Lessons learned or PR propaganda?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting.

Its takes till the bottom of the article for SYP to say its not a launch, probably a spelling mistake its a lunch :D. A lunch where top SYP bods sit down and bemoan the fact someone from outside has had a look at them and dared to criticise their wonderful performance in March when there was only 6 arrests.

A more community approach, seeking fans views, treating football fans like human beings, nar we don't do that round here. Lets get to the agenda.

Item 1 West Ham at Home in January how are SAG progressing in their efforts to get the kick off time moved to 6 a.m.

The police match commander, Ch Supt Shaun Morley, issued a statement on the night of the match saying that six people had been arrested after “some minor disorder” and The police match commander, Ch Supt Shaun Morley, issued a statement on the night of the match saying that six people had been arrested after “some minor disorder” and thanking his officers “for their efforts professionalism and effectiveness in keeping the public safe”. :(

Has he forgot he let everyone out at the same time and then held blades back while allowing the pigs to launch missiles into the penned-in blades while clueless officers looked on?

Same old crap from SYP - Patting themselves on the back after messing up time and time again. Why not some transparency and integrity for a change?

What about the shocking policing of the tree protesters and having to apologise after more fk ups. And now continuing to obstruct the truth by failing to provide full information to Freedom of info requests.

I chatted to some coppers at one of our away matches last season after the Derby debacle. One copper said they'd been called in to help at some of our home games , he had nothing good to say about SYP's policing of football matches. Said they were tactically poor.

I wonder had we not got promoted to the PL whether this would have happened?!?

Pretty sure a combination of the demands of what is expected from a police force looking after PL games and the amount of money now available, means we'll be treated as customers as opposed to scum...

I wonder had we not got promoted to the PL whether this would have happened?!?

Pretty sure a combination of the demands of what is expected from a police force looking after PL games and the amount of money now available, means we'll be treated as customers as opposed to scum...
Don’t the PL pay for policing? I heard that somewhere and it explains why PL games are better policed than championship games.

And, of course, they haven’t got a derby to worry about. Apart from the Dingle Derby which may lead to some feighting in Thurnscoe.

I chatted to some coppers at one of our away matches last season after the Derby debacle. One copper said they'd been called in to help at some of our home games , he had nothing good to say about SYP's policing of football matches. Said they were tactically poor.

This kind of commentary on SYP's football policing, from plod in other regions, has been reported quite often over the years (anecdotally) on here and elsewhere. If SYP really have had a strategic rethink, then (a) about bloody time, but (b) good on them.

Don’t the PL pay for policing? I heard that somewhere and it explains why PL games are better policed than championship games.

And, of course, they haven’t got a derby to worry about. Apart from the Dingle Derby which may lead to some feighting in Thurnscoe.

That'll be it then.

Can't see the PL being overly impressed when their half/half scarf wearing football tourists from USA, China and Germany are held behind a metal wall, peltered with bottles whilst getting hit with police batons - all in the name of public safety!!!

SYP answer to every problem they create themselves is hold people back, crush them, then when the crush gets too much and naturally starts to overspill into an area they don't want people to be, swing the batons.
That'll force everybody back into the postage stamp sized space that they've decided you're staying in won't it ?

This kind of commentary on SYP's football policing, from plod in other regions, has been reported quite often over the years (anecdotally) on here and elsewhere. If SYP really have had a strategic rethink, then (a) about bloody time, but (b) good on them.

Do you genuinely believe SYP are either ( a ) capable of change, or ( b ) actually willing to change ?

SYP answer to every problem they create themselves is hold people back, crush them, then when the crush gets too much and naturally starts to overspill into an area they don't want people to be, swing the batons.
That'll force everybody back into the postage stamp sized space that they've decided you're staying in won't it ?

SYP " answer " to no one .

This is a police force that killed 96 football football fans . Ninety fucking six !

SYP are the worst police force in the history of British Policing . Good luck to you all waiting for change .

Fucking SYP!

Worst police force in the country, bar none!

If they were a school, they'd have been taken into special measures a long time ago and a more competent commander brought in from elsewhere, to bring them up to standard.

SYP are a complete embarrassment and have been for at least 40 years.

Fucking SYP!

Worst police force in the country, bar none!

If they were a school, they'd have been taken into special measures a long time ago and a more competent commander brought in from elsewhere, to bring them up to standard.

SYP are a complete embarrassment and have been for at least 40 years.

Yes, they're like parents that beat their kids up and wonder why they won't behave

You forgot the lying about it afterwards.

Orgreave, Hillsborough, Rotherham Grooming; what a roll of pride that is!

SYP not fit for purpose,and they haven’t been for a long long time,I am sure I read one of the new initiatives was for some coppers to wear purple Tabards to interact with supporters more,one ot two may well wear purple tabards and try and interact,the vast majority will still be dressed as Nazi Stormtroopers.

SYP not fit for purpose,and they haven’t been for a long long time,I am sure I read one of the new initiatives was for some coppers to wear purple Tabards to interact with supporters more,one ot two may well wear purple tabards and try and interact,the vast majority will still be dressed as Nazi Stormtroopers.

No problem with the individual coppers themselves and I know one or two.

The problem is with the senior officers who all start from the position of all fans are known hooligans. They set out like this and then lie afterwards when their poorly planned strategies don't work.

I'm sure their 'new approach' will look great on their Twatter page, but will still look pretty shit on the streets, what with there being no actual change.

They haven't got a clue, and very sadly, must be the worst force in the country policing major football matches.

No problem with the individual coppers themselves and I know one or two.

The problem is with the senior officers who all start from the position of all fans are known hooligans. They set out like this and then lie afterwards when their poorly planned strategies don't work.

I'm sure their 'new approach' will look great on their Twatter page, but will still look pretty shit on the streets, what with there being no actual change.

They haven't got a clue, and very sadly, must be the worst force in the country policing major football matches.

The other forces officers who were put on the teams in small numbers to watch the "known hooligans" wore their casual uniforms. Meanwhile, clad in their finest riot gear, the SYP lot were ready, some with batons drawn, as fans alighted at HC.

No individual will be reprimanded, not even for the blatant lies afterwards. Probably promoted.

The other forces officers who were put on the teams in small numbers to watch the "known hooligans" wore their casual uniforms. Meanwhile, clad in their finest riot gear, the SYP lot were ready, some with batons drawn, as fans alighted at HC.

No individual will be reprimanded, not even for the blatant lies afterwards. Probably promoted.

Proper community spirit that, wearing "casual uniforms" ( Stone Island, Burberry etc ) I assume to encourage / allow opposition teams 'firms' to ave a pop' with no recriminations ?

You think they need a football match(sic) to start a ruck in Thurnscoe !?!

From my experience looking at someone's pint is ample reason for fisticuffs
Or indeed living (being) in the place

"In response to an inquiry from the Guardian about the launch of the new approach, a South Yorkshire police spokesperson said that McCurry’s use of the word “launch” was “misleading.” She said: “The new approach, as you describe it, is not being launched on 5 July.”
In a further clarification, the spokeswoman explained: “Part of the purpose of the 5 July event is to inform everyone there will be a change in approach to large-scale events, including football, and to seek other people’s views and insights.” "

So they're still talking about it, FFS you've had the fans feedback you've had an external review now fucking act before somebody gets seriously injured.

The biggest difference I've noticed when attending away games in South Yorkshire compared to elsewhere is that when you're anywhere else in the country you'll notice the Stone Island crew being inconvenienced, followed around and shepherded where the police want them to go while the rest of us are free to go about our business.

In South Yorkshire everyone is treated as a potential hooligan. We're all pushed around, we're all treated the same, we're all policed and treated as scum. This leads to dangerous situations for the majority who simply don't want to be involved in trouble, and I've no doubt leads to much of the anti-police feeling on here and with other fans who are from or visit South Yorks. The police here have a bad reputation because of the way they treat genuine football fans rather than because of the way those out for trouble are policed.

I'm sure some of the SYP are reading this, and they need to know, most of us don't want to be associated with those out to cause trouble, but we feel threatened and subjugated by the way you police games. There have been occasions when I've literally felt my family's safety has been compromised because of the way you've policed games! (because you've treated us all the same and boxed us in with a bunch of people out for trouble).

It's only a matter of time before someone innocent gets seriously injured or killed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest difference I've noticed when attending away games in South Yorkshire compared to elsewhere is that when you're anywhere else in the country you'll notice the Stone Island crew being inconvenienced, followed around and shepherded where the police want them to go while the rest of us are free to go about our business.

In South Yorkshire everyone is treated as a potential hooligan. We're all pushed around, we're all treated the same, we're all policed and treated as scum. This leads to dangerous situations for the majority who simply don't want to be involved in trouble, and I've no doubt leads to much of the anti-police feeling on here and with other fans who are from or visit South Yorks. The police here have a bad reputation because of the way they treat genuine football fans rather than because of the way those out for trouble are policed.

I'm sure some of the SYP are reading this, and they need to know, most of us don't want to be associated with those out to cause trouble, but we feel threatened and subjugated by the way you police games. There have been occasions when I've literally felt my family's safety has been compromised because of the way you've policed games! (because you've treated us all the same and boxed us in with a bunch of people out for trouble).

It's only a matter of time before someone innocent gets seriously injured or killed.
AGAIN.

I never even thought to make that link, but yep, you're quite right.

The way games are policed here is almost certainly because of a fear of a repeat of those events from those in the upper tiers of responsibility, but being retrospective can't he healthy, we need to progress.

Policing in the rest of the country seems to have moved on, and generally seems far safer elsewhere. They seem doomed to make the same mistakes, as you say, again.

Back
Top Bottom