Gone Elsewhere Leroy Fer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another exclusive in the Star...it really is a dreadful paper....does anybody still buy it? The reporters that cover us never get any exclusives and have less idea than many on here or other national hacks. It really is tragic that now they simply report stories other journalists put out there.

Often the likes of Shield jusr rehashes stuff from twitter or on here. It's embarassing really. It has gone on all summer and often it is days or weeks old.

I would say that in the days of so much social media coverage that is not a surprise but other local rags even in smaller towns at least get the odd scoop or snippet. Is love to be a Star reporter...just sat scrolling through the internet and stealing stories. If you were submitting reports like you did assignments at a University you'd be thrown off your course. Be nice to one day hear an exclusive or some decent investigative journalism from the Star.

What annoys me most about The Star is that it also throws more adverts in your face than all the other newspaper websites.

Given how far up the field our right wing back plays anyway, could Chris be thinking of having those roles occupied by midfielders rather than defenders to introduce more creativity and get Norwood in more positions to ping! The below would be ultra harsh on Ends but just to illustrate:

Hendo
Bash Egan O'Connell
Norwood Fer Fleck Osborne
Robinson
Maupay McBurnie
No, just no!

He's currently training with Feyenoord and apparently playing in their friendly tonight so we better get our skates on.

On another note, has anyone noticed that every time we are linked with a player a Leeds fan comments something like 'are they wanting to get relegated?". Still burns.
We aren't, but they are desperate that we do. It'll somehow then justify their monumental car crash end to the season.

I like Fer, always tends to dominate the matches I see him in (admittedly only a handful). Different type to what we've already got and, crucially, PL experience. He is very, very, good at transitioning defence to attack - something we may need more of in the PL.

Classic case of Nixon picking this up too late, as he's essentially only one swish of a pen away from returning "home". That said, PL football is a big attraction and he's played in England for years now so we may temp him.

Think Sawyer would be my preference, not least as RC reports Osborn is nearly done. I suspect Osborn is more defensively minded and might suppress the need for Fer?

"With the price of lager on the up, Chris Wilder is interested in exploring new markets, for his daily tipple.
French, Dutch and obviously Italian, one can only guess as to where his next bottle is coming from!?"

Quote - Me.

We aren't, but they are desperate that we do. It'll somehow then justify their monumental car crash end to the season.

I work in Leeds and most people in the office follow them. I think the worst thing about them is that they don't have the stones to be arrogant face-to-face. Maybe it's the 'professional' setting that does it to them but I've found all of them to be very gracious. Completely the opposite to when they're sat behind the safety of a keyboard.

I dont see how this would be one or the other re Fer and Sawyers, two different players in different roles

Given how far up the field our right wing back plays anyway, could Chris be thinking of having those roles occupied by midfielders rather than defenders to introduce more creativity and get Norwood in more positions to ping! The below would be ultra harsh on Ends but just to illustrate:

Hendo
Bash Egan O'Connell
Norwood Fer Fleck Osborne
Robinson
Maupay McBurnie

Delete this

I work in Leeds and most people in the office follow them. I think the worst thing about them is that they don't have the stones to be arrogant face-to-face. Maybe it's the 'professional' setting that does it to them but I've found all of them to be very gracious. Completely the opposite to when they're sat behind the safety of a keyboard.
Like a lot of folk

Trust me it’s totally down to your professional setting, every Leeds fan I’ve worked with (a couple of exceptions aside) are completely full of it.

Trust me it’s totally down to your professional setting, every Leeds fan I’ve worked with (a couple of exceptions aside) are completely full of it.

Even had one of them waxing lyrical about CW... post his 'Muppets in Leeds' rant. Can't ever see myself having enough grace to eat that particular shit sandwich.

Meanwhile most of my close neighbours here in LS27 are still doing a good job of avoiding me, as they have been since Good Friday 😂

Yes please but think we have left it too late

How would Fer fit in the system? Whisper it quietly but Norwood might have a battle on his hands for a first team spot if Fer joins. Same goes for Fleck with Freeman and/or Morrison and/or Osborn and/or Sawyers.

Competition and a strong squad will be essential for next season (as it is every season if you want to achieve something - obviously).
The addition of Leroy Fer would certainly provide us with that and surprised it's taken this long for us to consider him to be honest - hope we're not too late.

How would Fer fit in the system? Whisper it quietly but Norwood might have a battle on his hands for a first team spot if Fer joins. Same goes for Fleck with Freeman and/or Morrison and/or Osborn and/or Sawyers.
No need to whisper anything! Every player should have a battle on his hands for a first team spot. Competition drives performance. Should Norwood's levels drop below those of another option for his shirt, he loses it and quite rightly.

Leroy Fer is a beast of a player and can also play a ball. The most physical player that i saw at the Lane last season. He offers something different to Norwood and even Fleck come to that as he has height.

He would ruffle a few feathers of the tippie tappie pre-Madonnas.

No need to whisper anything! Every player should have a battle on his hands for a first team spot. Competition drives performance. Should Norwood's levels drop below those of another option for his shirt, he loses it and quite rightly.

All of which is excellent news.

Leroy Fer is a beast of a player and can also play a ball. The most physical player that i saw at the Lane last season. He offers something different to Norwood and even Fleck come to that as he has height.

He would ruffle a few feathers of the tippie tappie pre-Madonnas.

...and we certainly need an injection of height and strength. Gerrimin.

Oh, sorry but Prima Donnas. Prima Fucking Donnas.

Going on the number of people who keep saying they watched Fer play against us at the Lane last season on this thread...... I'm now convinced he must have actually played !! 🥴......
Maybe he did the unseen work that Hammond used to do 🤔

Personally, I'd see Fer as a good fit (with Fleck and Norwood) in the flatter mid 3 that CW continues to try. Him in there would make the midfield more defensively sound and allow Stevens and Baldock/Freeman to get forward to support the front two.

Back
Top Bottom