Gone Elsewhere Leroy Fer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bet365 have not got merely us as favourites to go down, but favourites to go down like a bag of kittens on the back seat of a hatchback being driven around Ladybower with Teddy Kennedy at the wheel. The neutrals aren’t impressed with what we’re doing

Sadly I can only give you the one like for that.

By the way it wasn't a hatchback, but an Oldsmobile 88. That makes all the difference and clearly we will stay up now.

Where as we are going down the far more established route of acquiring ‘players who perform reasonably well for mid table championship clubs’, supplemented with a couple of ‘lost their way after showing early promise’ types, and a ‘return of the prodigal son’ thrown in for good measure. Infinitely better, I agree. ;)

Bet365 have not got merely us as favourites to go down, but favourites to go down like a bag of kittens on the back seat of a hatchback being driven around Ladybower with Teddy Kennedy at the wheel. The neutrals aren’t impressed with what we’re doing. :(
Neutrals didn't back us to win league 1 with 100 points. Neutrals didnt back us to thrive in the championship in the first season. Neutrals certainly didn't back us for automatic promotion last season (neither did you).
What do neutrals know?

Bet365 have not got merely us as favourites to go down, but favourites to go down like a bag of kittens on the back seat of a hatchback being driven around Ladybower with Teddy Kennedy at the wheel.
Lord Byron is that you? :oops: Simply genius, and a comment which I will reuse at somepoint without giving you fair credit, so thanks.

Where as we are going down the far more established route of acquiring ‘players who perform reasonably well for mid table championship clubs’, supplemented with a couple of ‘lost their way after showing early promise’ types, and a ‘return of the prodigal son’ thrown in for good measure. Infinitely better, I agree. ;)
Do you really think we're going about it the wrong way and would rather us be signing fewer players but player from the Premier League?
I think we are absolutely spot on with our approach, although obviously I'd like Maupay and McBernie to be done, but it seems exactly the way to go.
We aren't massively overspending, not breaking our wage stucture and causing friction with the team that got us up. If the signings don't work we go down to the Championship with a squad infinitely better than last season with parachute money to spend plus with several "assets" we can sell for more than we paid.
Personally if we get the two forwards in, Osborn, a centre half and full back I think we're positioned to stay up, I really do.

One note on Betting odds.
It's not actually about who is more likely to win or lose, that's entirely irrelevant, it's purely about the market. How much money has been placed on whom, what the risk of losses are given the market at that point and therefore what needs to be done to mitigate that risk.
If punters knew what they were on about then it would be an accurate measure and I'd be duly concerned, but then again if that were the case you wouldn't have any bookies.

Last edited:
Lord Byron is that you? :oops: Simply genius, and a comment which I will reuse at somepoint without giving you fair credit, so thanks.

Do you really think we're going about it the wrong way and would rather us be signing fewer players but player from the Premier League?
I think we are absolutely spot on with our approach, although obviously I'd like Maupay and McBernie to be done, but it seems exactly the way to go.
We aren't massively overspending, not breaking our wage stucture and causing friction with the team that got us up. If the signings don't work we go down to the Championship with a squad infinitely better than last season with parachute money to spend plus with several "assets" we can sell for more than we paid.
Personally if we get the two forwards in, Osborn, a centre half and full back I think we're positioned to stay up, I really do.

Do you think we're even still in for Maupay? I'd be very surprised if that were still a goer.

I wonder what odds Leicester were to get relegated, in the August of the year they went on to win the league ;)

After Osborn and Hendo sign we still need two more in my opinion.

Centre midfielder definitely. I’m not having this rubbish about Lundstrum being the answer, he’s not.

Striker. Ideally McBurnie

Do you think we're even still in for Maupay? I'd be very surprised if that were still a goer.
I'd guess, and that's all it is, that the offer is on the table if they want to come back to us.

Neutrals didn't back us to win league 1 with 100 points. Neutrals didnt back us to thrive in the championship in the first season. Neutrals certainly didn't back us for automatic promotion last season (neither did you).
What do neutrals know?

neutrals know nowt! :)

One note on Betting odds.
It's not actually about who is more likely to win or lose, that's entirely irrelevant, it's purely about the market. How much money has been placed on whom, what the risk of losses are given the market at that point and therefore what needs to be done to mitigate that risk.
If punters knew what they were on about then it would be an accurate measure and I'd be duly concerned, but then again if that were the case you wouldn't have any bookies.

View attachment 58236

I was just posting the contrary position to Guesty . Do I think we've gone about it the wrong way? No. As i've said previously with freeman and robinson we have bought from the notinal area between champ & prem and this is an area that can be exploited, alrough has risks. The Jags signing i agree with, because think we are short of competent bodies and old heads, and he has unfinished business. I like the idea of Jags scoring a last minute winner to keep us up. DH is easily the best GK we could get for the money and I really am relieved with a settled back line going into the season. Ravel may be our best signing ever, or he may go the way he's gone before. People who have seen what he can do, say it's a risk worth taking. Mousset, i'm 50/50 on. I've seen him in his younger days and he looked like a real prospect, will he do it at BDTBL? i'm not convinced. But overall i'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom