Gone Elsewhere Leroy Fer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would be a hell of a signing. Go get him Chris.

We need one like him, we don't need one like Sawyers.

His recent injuries are the only concern. As long as he stays fit, he'll get back to a good level and be a different beast to anything we have.

Having spent £8m on Robinson, who was injured for 4 months last season, I think we'd be willing to take a chance with Fer.

Feyenoord are his club though, he started out there. So we'll surely find it hard to get him.

As good a player as Sawyers is, Fer is probably a better fit considering the profile of the current midfielders.

I know a lot of people see Lundstram as a midfielder enforcer but he's really not - as shown during his cameo versus Betis and the few minutes he drifted from the right side versus Northampton, he is happiest when playing the Norwood quarterback role and the squad is currently light in the more physical, box-to-box type.

As good a player as Sawyers is, Fer is probably a better fit considering the profile of the current midfielders.

I know a lot of people see Lundstram as a midfielder enforcer but he's really not - as shown during his cameo versus Betis and the few minutes he drifted from the right side versus Northampton, he is happiest when playing the Norwood quarterback role and the squad is currently light in the more physical, box-to-box type.

I agree. We will need a ball winner and enforcer for some games against the better passing sides. He dictated play against us last season and I would be very happy for him to do the same job for us.

Alan Nixon is terrible at transfer knowledge, my guess is that he just scours forums and picks up bits of info.

Leroy Fer would be a good signing, but it seems whatever interest we had was dead or I imagine RC would have reported it.

He's McBurnie's mate too... 👀 👀 👀 👀 👍 🤔 👀 👀 👀 ;) 👍

He genuinely is as well. Matey who told me about McBurnie’s boozy holiday spending spree said Fer had taken him under his wing. Wait, that suddenly doesn’t seem like such a good thing..

Been an obvious choice for many of us on here but I think we may have left it too late. We need CM and RWB competition so it’s nice to be finally linked with players in these areas.

Would we not be in the market for both? Rumours of WBA bidding 3m for Sawyers and we do like a Brentford player.

Fer is a free agent and would play that sitting midfielder role nicely.

Glad we are linked with these really do add depth to our side.

Played 26 games last season. Dont know where the injury prone thing has come from but he probably wouldn't play every game anyway, plus he has PL experience.
How many games did Jags, Mousset, Morrison and Robinson play last season?

He's currently training with Feyenoord and apparently playing in their friendly tonight so we better get our skates on.

On another note, has anyone noticed that every time we are linked with a player a Leeds fan comments something like 'are they wanting to get relegated?". Still burns.

Given how far up the field our right wing back plays anyway, could Chris be thinking of having those roles occupied by midfielders rather than defenders to introduce more creativity and get Norwood in more positions to ping! The below would be ultra harsh on Ends but just to illustrate:

Hendo
Bash Egan O'Connell
Norwood Fer Fleck Osborne
Robinson
Maupay McBurnie

I feel like we should have moved earlier with him because he's the obvious option for his position. Same with Holgate.

You’d have thought them cunts would’ve stopped making predictions by now.

You do get the odd one saying "I think they'll be safe. We've been predicting their demises for seasons and it keeps biting us on the backside."

But it gets lost in such a cavalcade of fuckwittery, that it's easy to miss...

Played golf the other week, Leeds fan in a Leeds cap overheard our conversation about Bruce leaving Wednesday and assumed we were from the dark side. Said I suppose you hate those xxxxx as well then but for them We would have been in the premiership, then went on about how unlucky they were and best team in championship etc. Etc.

I said :———- having seen your golf it appears that’s falling apart again, unlike us [ singing ) as were going on a journey to the XXXXXXX Prem, nah nah nah nah nah nah

His face dropped and stormed out of the bar.

Loved it, absolutely loved it.

Back
Top Bottom