Leon - bounce killer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Best of luck for the future, with your head held high Leon, thanks for the awesome memories and your massive contribution to our Journey.

Wish Leon all the best , played a big part in our revival .. goes without saying his servings dishing out humble pie Swillsborough & his 4 goal salvo against Hull are my most memorable moments ..... GLTTL ⚔
The brace against Wolves when his power also got Coady sent off was pretty impressive around the same time.

His performance in a win away at Leeds (Sharp and Brookes scored I think) was also immense. That period has to be the high point of his entire career.

He had that little spell where he became absolutely unplayable. Don’t know where he found it from and I don’t mean to be disrespectful by saying that.

Been a very good player for us and I wish him all the best.

He will have made his money now I would have thought, but still good for a 2 year contract somewhere. Surely he’s done enough to generate a bit of interest lower championship

He had that little spell where he became absolutely unplayable. Don’t know where he found it from and I don’t mean to be disrespectful by saying that.

Been a very good player for us and I wish him all the best.

He will have made his money now I would have thought, but still good for a 2 year contract somewhere. Surely he’s done enough to generate a bit of interest lower championship

At that time I think we were the opposite of most of my time watching the Blades. We'd have made any striker look good with some of the chances we created. Some of his finishes were lovely though and it's why I said he's suffered from spending too much of his career as a target man. When we put long balls up to him he rarely did well, when we got him time in the box he was brilliant.

Heard Fulham are in for him......

Other than Covid Interruptus and VAR farce, just about the only regret I have from last season is that Leon wasn’t able to bag himself a Premier League goal.

Part of me still wishes he’d slammed that late chance vs Liverpool into the roof of the net. Part of me is glad we / he avoided the heartbreak of it being ruled out for offside. Whatever, there isn’t a player of the Wilder era who will be remembered more fondly in this house than Leon Marvin Clarke.

I really hope he—or one of his mates, who can pass on the love—reads this thread. The Lion of Hillsborough. Fantastic.

Last edited:
His career was one of hitting peaks and troughs. He scored in great runs at Bury Coventry and for us. He's been in teams where he failed to shine .
But he scored enough for us to make him more than just a passing journeyman.
His brace on bounce killing day alone puts him up there with Pace Birchenall and Davidson scoring 2 at the stad de rustico

Absolute legend of the recent era and we can attribute a lot of our success to his form. As good of an example of a shrewd Wilder signing as there is. Mostly opposed on arrival, now unanimously(?) adored on departure.

Thank you, Leon. Once a Blade...

View attachment 89816
you are right not many welcomed him,A lot of us turned our noses up at him when he signed (including me) yet as usual CW was right again.What a job he did for us.Remember the pigs laughing when we signed him. well he had the perfect answer to them at the rust bucket

Bouncing day was when our relative positions changed.

They'd taken over in March 2012, pretty much from Ched going down.

2017 changed that and we've been the dominant team since then. All the players who took part that day are automatically upped to 'legend' status for beating the twats. Duffy, Leon and Brookes obvs. but CCV and Blackman too etc.

It all goes in cycles. Let's hope this a reet-massive-bigest-cycle ever, cycle.

Fingers crossed he won't sign for another PL team as you can guarantee he'll score against us

He should get snapped up by a championship club. But would understand him now choosing the money this could be his last contract.

Once sold a mobile phone to Derek Geary, and asked him honestly which sheffield club he preferred working/playing for (without telling him I'm a Blade). His answer was instant, and overwhelmingly in favour of us. He said we're just a nicer club, better facilities, stadium, fans, atmosphere, everything. He no longer had any affinity for the other lot at all.

I'm willing to bet Leon now feels the same. He's one of us, he's turned from the darkness to the light. Tore up the championship in our first season, including of course the BDM. Seems an intelligent, humble sort of bloke, and I genuinely wish him all the best in the future. Hope he gets a nice big final payday somewhere, and he'll always get a nice welcome back at the lane. Top, top bloke and player.

TVBOLTTL.

I had reservations when he joined but but I have to say "he owes us nothing", he has paid us back in spades and written his name in Blades folklore just on the 2 goals at swillsbro. That said he was better then that he helped us considerably and I don't know where he's gone but wish him the very best of luck.

Love it for him to sign for a Championship club and do the same at Hillsborough next season.

Back
Top Bottom