Leon - bounce killer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't miss a chance to say I was right, so I said he'd a quality signing for us when we got him. Didn't see twenty in the Championship coming but still...

I feel like he's suffered image problems his whole career. That being, he looks like he's sulking even when he's just scored four in one game, and he has the build of a target man without being suited to it. I hope he knows when he leaves yet another club that this is one where he leaves as a hero.

Always liked big Leon been a big player for us over the years and contributed a lot to the team and always gave his all for us and gave us great memories to cherish.

Will never forget him helping to silence them in S6 will always be welcome back at the lane LEON LEON LEON.

Thanks for Memories Leon once a blade always a blade UTB!!

Top bloke Leon, given me many happy times over the last few years. Along with the obvious v pigs and hull I wont forget his volley at Port Vale, it rounded off a great away day for me personally with my Dad and the technique and crispness of the strike was top drawer. Thank you Leon

Loved it when we signed him and said so the time, loved it when he proved everyone wrong (as far as I know), obviously the two goals v Wednesday were amazing, and wish him all the best. I know he was a good player from seeing him against us many times, and of course he he always scored against us, but didn't realise he was so apt on either foot,decent in the air, scored some great goals and in particular I'm thinking of the first time efforts on his left foot v Bradford and Chesterfield I think it was. I think he could have had a more glamorous career given his ability, but to do what he did for us signing at 31 when it seemed he was destined to play out his career in leagues one and two, is some achievement.

It's just a shame we can't give him a proper send off after the game v Everton as we would have done. but hopefully he and any other of the players released that have contributed to the last few seasons will know how much we appreciate what they did in a Blades shirt.

LEEEEOOOOON!

Loved it when we signed him and said so the time, loved it when he proved everyone wrong (as far as I know), obviously the two goals v Wednesday were amazing, and wish him all the best. I know he was a good player from seeing him against us many times, and of course he he always scored against us, but didn't realise he was so apt on either foot,decent in the air, scored some great goals and in particular I'm thinking of the first time efforts on his left foot v Bradford and Chesterfield I think it was. I think he could have had a more glamorous career given his ability, but to do what he did for us signing at 31 when it seemed he was destined to play out his career in leagues one and two, is some achievement.

It's just a shame we can't give him a proper send off after the game v Everton as we would have done. but hopefully he and any other of the players released that have contributed to the last few seasons will know how much we appreciate what they did in a Blades shirt.

LEEEEOOOOON!

Think when things do return to normal he should be able to walk around the pitch with Jags and the others that have give so much to our club over the years that we haven't had the chance to give a proper send off UTB.

My hope when crowds are back at the Lane. Get Leon and Kieron (and any others that fit the bill I’ve missed) back as guests and on the pitch before/at ht for the crowd to give them a rousing thank you and goodbye.

Great minds OrderOfStGeorge !

Has to be done least those lads deserve they started the journey and gave their all for the club and they deserve that send off and to see how much they are appreciated by the fans UTB

As with other Blades who were at the derby game boxing day 1979 ☹ the wait of 17 years to 'put things right' made it all the sweeter

Big thanks to Leon (and Duffy of course) for THAT game in Sept 2017
Got to say it was one of my favourite games in 55 years watching the Blades - I mean the look on the Pigs faces as they sat back down - priceless :)
Good luck for the future

Wondered when these lads were finally going to get some praise for that game. Cheers 👍

Clear your minds, close your eyes , and think back to a recent September Sunday.
Leon Clarke, face with the 'Leon' expression*. Leaving the team bus, w####h reject echoing around rustopia.
And still the 'Leon' gaze.
And then....

Thanks Leon.

* never seen any different.

The port vale volley was one of my favourite Leon goals. Banger.

Good luck Leon

Look at a montage of Clark’s goals and there are some outrageous finishes in there.

Port vale, MK away, wolves trickery all spring to mind

He scored some absolutely class goals im not sure any of our other strikers could have managed. If wilder could have had him in his prime he’d have had some career. He was near unplayable for a few months on the first championship season.

Good Luck "Leon Lion 'O' Hillsborough Pig Slayer".
Always forever a blades hero....
Don't forget the 4 he scored at home v Hull as well

He proved me wrong and he will be always be remembered for bouncing day.

Good luck to him. Thanks for the memories Leon.

I always wanted him to come to us, because he always seemed to be a thorn in our side when he played against us.

I guess the only way he could have improved on the death of bouncing, was if he had scored a hat trick (he came close when Brooks crossed it to him). He had a point to prove that day, rubbing the snouts of the pig fans in the shit, after they were so vocal about us being nothing to be scared of, with Leon up front.

He can go with his head held high.

Remembered for bouncing day for me. Knew it was going to be a good day. Sunshine, short sleeved shirt, drove up to the Rust Bucket no where to park, just turning round in a tight spot when, tap on window. "You Blades"?. "Yeah". Put it in there, lovely. And just got better from then on. LEON. Sweet Revenge.

One of the biggest GLTTL's ever!
He'll forever be welcomed back to bramall lane with open arms I just really hope he realises it, and that He's finally found a club were he'll be forever held in high regard and remembered extremely fondly . I'd love to have a chat with him on his views of bouncing day and his journey with us in general . Top man and once a blade.
LEON LEON LEON !

Wish Leon all the best , played a big part in our revival .. goes without saying his servings dishing out humble pie Swillsborough & his 4 goal salvo against Hull are my most memorable moments ..... GLTTL ⚔️

Back
Top Bottom