Match Thread Leicester City v. Sheffield United - 16th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEIC
LEIC
LEIC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594584931045.png v. 1594584941248.png
EPL Week 36 - Thursday 16th July 2020 - King Power Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/leicester-city-vs-sheffield-united.500/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Steven Meredith

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.16.11.png

Still smarting after the home game. Harvey Barnes winner best shot he has ever or will ever hit. Ridiculous wonder goal cost us a deserved point.

Got the same feeling as I did before the Chelsea game. Weirdly really really confident that we'll win. Just feel like we'll be like we were at the end of last season. Machine just grinding out wins.

I have positive feelings about our last 3 matches, because our recent form and Wilders relentless winning attitude.
Still think the last game will be the hardest. Leicester and Everton are there for the taking, but the Saints will be unpredictable.

So, barring the 4th official it's exactly the same officials as it was for the Aston Villa game even down to the VAR assistant!

I bet they double check the GLT before kick off...

Do you mean check it to see it is working or check it to see if it is not working?;)

Piggy Vardy is nailed on to score and the pigs (the club he never made an appearance for) fans will be grunting in delight.... That is until McBurnie (said in Souness' thickest Scots accent) bags a couple.

Just tie his shoelaces together at the drinks break.

After the Wolves result tonight, tomorrow’s game is a must win game
It certainly is. A friend of mine is a Wolves fan and he came round for the match and left irritated and wound up by me. He's coming over again for the match tomorrow and the last thing I need is him getting his own back on me if we lose.

That being said he's been up here watching quite a lot of the Blades matches I reckon he's converting

Steptoe will be up for this; Steptoe will score; it is the way of things.

Despite this, we will beat them.

2-1 Blades.

I hate liverpool so much. Shitty team, shameless performance yesterday.

I keep saying it every game lately lol, but this game is the biggest of the season, so nervous.

Well, after that absolutely superb result, it's ramp it up to another tough game. Remarkably we remain in serious contention for European football competition. These games are huge now, but top half is looking almost unloseable now

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck a returnee?

Don't risk him unless he's ready.....

Lys a starter?

Multiple questions....

It's not until the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, RM or PSG are where we are visiting I'll consider a reverse result prediction lol, but I'd be pretty damn happy with a 1-1 today. JOC goal. Win? And dare to dream.

UTB

Well, after that absolutely superb result, it's ramp it up to another tough game. Remarkably we remain in serious contention for European football competition. These games are huge now, but top half is looking almost unloseable now

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck a returnee?

Don't risk him unless he's ready.....

Lys a starter?

Multiple questions....

It's not until the likes of Bayern, Barcelona, RM or PSG are where we are visiting I'll consider a reverse result prediction lol, but I'd be pretty damn happy with a 1-1 today. JOC goal. Win? And dare to dream.

UTB

I know O’Connell went straight back in when he was fit enough to start, but I think we need to take into account Fleck’s form in the games he’s played since the restart. It wasn’t good. How much that was down to not being over the initial injury properly, who knows. But I think there’s much less of an urgency to get Fleck back in as there was O’Connell (despite Robinson doing an admirable job in his absence).

Fleck on the bench for me. Rest unchanged.

This is now a huge game, if we can win this it would be a amazing finish to the season with us right in the mix for Europe. Everton are playing like Palace , not bothered anymore! Imagine if it's all on the last game against Southampton

I fancy us to win this game. If we look at the form table it’s clear Leicester are struggling. I’ve gone back further than lockdown to highlight that their problems were already starting to manifest. In contrast we’ve lost two games out of our last 10 games. Both of which coming during our only blip of the season when we weren’t up to scratch against Newcastle and we ran into a bang in form Man U. Since then we’ve won 3 and drawn 1 in our last 4. Conceded a measly 2 goals whilst scoring 8!

Yes they still have attacking flair and a superb striker. I think our defence is equal to the task.
The key battle will be down the flanks. I think the combinations of Bash, Baldock and Sander down the right. And JOC, Enda and Osborn down the left are far superior to their counterparts in Fuchs, Justin, Bennett and Morgan. Their defence are in for a torrid time!

Furthermore... The Mc attack is firing on all cylinders and look like a great partnership.

They have so many injuries will Rodgers even have anything to change it up during the match.
And in contrast we’ll be able to call upon Mousse, Richie, Lunny and Fleck should we need to!

3-1 Blades!!

Attachments

• 48ABED33-1DE2-4991-8DF9-CAE99E809E74.jpeg
    48ABED33-1DE2-4991-8DF9-CAE99E809E74.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 15
From a Leicester City season ticket holder I work with ...

"We've only got one centre back left - god help us if Wes the shed Morgan reappears. And both our full/wing backs are out so we wont get out of our half unless Rodgers has a brain shit and actually tries something positive. Oh and Maddison is out too ..."

Well it is a genuine "must win" if we are to maintain European ambitions.

Interestingly Leicester's next game is against Spurs so if we do win and then beat Everton one of the other two are going to drop points.

If that one includes Spurs (a draw or loss) we will go to the last game guaranteed to finish 7th at worst.

If it's just Leicester (a loss) then we would go to Southampton on the last day needing to equal Leicester's result at Old Trafford.

All irrelevant if we don't win tonight.

Win all three to make sure. The win last night was the worse possible result arsenal have two easy games left, could do with Watford losing Friday night setting them up with the need to win on the last day against arsenal. Not sure how Tottenham have turned it around lucky fuckers (Big toe gate) should be well out of the race, been shite all season. Wolves will be competitive right until the end, Chelsea have a very difficult run in could do us a favour if they win those games, but defensively there awful.

So nervous because after this season, the money we have spent, the players, the effort put in, all the pundits that have written us off and teams that have turned up swinging their egos about, their would be nothing better than a big f*ck YOU tablet to the lot of them. UTB!

No worries! 3-1 win tonight (9 points from last 3 games)

Back
Top Bottom