Match Thread Leicester City v. Sheffield United - 16th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LEIC
LEIC
LEIC

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594584931045.png v. 1594584941248.png
EPL Week 36 - Thursday 16th July 2020 - King Power Stadium

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/leicester-city-vs-sheffield-united.500/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Replacement Official: Steven Meredith

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.16.11.png

That first half was as bad as we’ve been since the restart. Second half only marginally better.

So many players completely off their game. Stephens, Baldock, Didsy, Lunny, Berge and McBurnie shite. Even Egan was off it. I literally lost count of the number of times Baldock, Stephens and Norwood just handed possession away.

We have been amazing this season but there is no polishing that turd of a performance.

Bit of perspective needed I think. Before tonight we've beaten spurs, wolves and Chelsea on the bounce. A lot of fans would have snatched your hand off for 17th before the season started. We are well on track to finish in the top ten

norwood was our best midfielder today

I wasn't having a pop at him, I'm curious where Berge fits into our team. He doesn't seem quite at home yet where Wilder plays him, and I wonder if he could do Norwood's role as effectively to give him some competition next season, as Norwood has gone pretty much all season with no one challenging for his shirt but for a short period where Besic managed to steal it.

Bit of perspective needed I think. Before tonight we've beaten spurs, wolves and Chelsea on the bounce. A lot of fans would have snatched your hand off for 17th before the season started. We are well on track to finish in the top ten
Guaranteed top ten now. Realistically 3 points off Europa.

No one is disagreeing with any of that tbf.

It'll be a good result for us in the long run,sir chris of wilder knows where were at.

Let's face it, we were piss poor. No one could control it, nothing stuck up front, we tread treacle in midfield and in trying to change the formation to get back into it we looked at sixes and sevens. The young lad making his debut will never have an easier game, we never tested him. That said I thought he played well. Should have been 5 or 6 on the night but brilliant season from us on the whole, delighted. UTB.

Let's face it, we were piss poor. No one could control it, nothing stuck up front, we tread treacle in midfield and in trying to change the formation to get back into it we looked at sixes and sevens. The young lad making his debut will never have an easier game, we never tested him. That said I thought he played well. Should have been 5 or 6 on the night but brilliant season from us on the whole, delighted. UTB.

He impressed me more than Brandon Williams did when we played Man U.

Think this Leeds white away kit is a curse for us personally. The worst matches I've seen this season we wore it. Why didn't we play in our home kit? We seem to do well in the 3rd kit too.

Seemed to be a double of us being off the pace and Leicester shutting us down as good as anybody has all season. We weren't going to get through and we were lucky to not concede another 2.

I disagree with that.

Leicester were happy to have less of the ball than they usually do, because they knew they were playing a side who is better off the ball than on it.
They wanted Blades to have the ball, because they knew they lacked creativity and could press them into basic mistakes.

So they didn’t win every loose ball and work harder than us in every area of the pitch?

As a Leicester fan, no, it wasn't about hard work/effort tonight.

Being unable to play and control simple passes was the problem, combined with having no attacking threat.

We weren’t able to play those simple passes because Leicester closed down every opportunity and we weren’t quick enough to react - if that isn’t working harder then I don’t know what is? You’re being defensive - It’s by no means an insult. You worked harder than us. We usually outwork most teams we play.

We weren’t able to play those simple passes because Leicester closed down every opportunity and we weren’t quick enough to react - if that isn’t working harder then I don’t know what is? You’re being defensive - It’s by no means an insult. You worked harder than us. We usually outwork most teams we play.

For me the difference was one side is one of the best attacking and defensive sides in the league, whilst the other is one of the best defensively, but one of the weakest in the league going forward.

We could press all game long because there's no pace in that Blades side that can threaten. As soon as Perez scored, I knew we had the 3 points.

Difference in quality/ability, not effort.

For me the difference was one side is one of the best attacking and defensive sides in the league, whilst the other is one of the best defensively, but one of the weakest in the league going forward.

We could press all game long because there's no pace in that Blades side that can threaten. As soon as Perez scored, I knew we had the 3 points.

Difference in quality/ability, not effort.

You seem to be arguing with me saying you were the better team, but because i think in a different way to you?

You seem to be arguing with me saying you were the better team, but because i think in a different way to you?

I think questioning your players desire is unfair.

Maybe they worked 'just as hard' as Leicester?
That would explain why the gulf in quality looked so large.....It's rare to be completely dominated for 90 minutes in this league.

Wilder wasn't happy in the post match interview, sounds ready to transfer list the entire squad 😂😂

I love that nobody rates him.....
You don't win a league title with a terrible CB.

The Leicester Liar’s back, within minutes of the final whistle, as self unaware and clever dicky as before. It’s hard to believe you have the nerve after all the shit you caused a few days ago, you should have been banned (in my opinion). You wouldn’t be missed and the place would be better without you, it has been for the last few days without you hanging round like a bad smell.

We were poor last night no cutting edge whats so ever.We have to sort out our main problem which is scoring goals before next season.Having said that we have had a great season far out doing our expectations .Just wish we could get the ball across without two or three touches it gives the opposition time to man up .

Back
Top Bottom