Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t necessarily mean by committing fouls I mean you’re a side that has physical presence I.e big man up top looking for knock downs & sharpe to play off.

That is absolute bullshit - to call us a ‘physical’ side is an insult to football.

Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.

How many injuries have been caused by an opposing player and how many have been caused by being "overworked" ? Genuine question.

That is absolute bullshit - to call us a ‘physical’ side is an insult to football.

You all seem to be getting touchy over me saying physical. I aren’t saying you’re a big Sam’s Bolton, I’m saying you have players that have a physical presence & that’s exactly why you signed madine to have a physical presence up top.

How many injuries have been caused by an opposing player and how many have been caused by being "overworked" ? Genuine question.

There was a interview with our head physio rob price in the YEP I’ll post the link I’m pretty sure he said 80% were impact injuries 20% muscle.

I'm glad all these people who worry about everything don't follow us away, it would spoil the atmosphere, there was non of that at WBA, all behind the team, and at many other away matches this season.

Its why i prefer away matches to home matches these days.

Get a grip please, worriers usually fail, a more positive attitude is more likely to succeed.

Do you have any stats to back that up ?:D

Are you not with the likes of madine & up top with sharpe playing off him. Fleck likes to put himself about.

You all seem to be getting touchy over me saying physical. I aren’t saying you’re a big Sam’s Bolton, I’m saying you have players that have a physical presence & that’s exactly why you signed madine to have a physical presence up top.

The reason you're taking so much flack for calling us "physical" is because it's a euphemism for direct hoofball.

We have players who can compete physically, as you mentioned like Fleck and Sharp, but that's because the championship is a physical league in terms of strong challenges and high intensity - players like that are needed to be competitive.

Gary Madine has been brought in purely as a plan B, for when teams sit deep. But even then we're not direct in a traditional sense.

Since Madine came maybe 40% of the time we use him for knock downs, the other 60% is a mix of our usual tight passing/ wing play and we've added a bit more countering too.

Without Madine though we couldn't win a header in an advanced position to save our lives, McG probably wins one or two headers a game out of maybe 10-20. Sharp is a better holdup man and he's 5 foot 9, so no big man.

Our style has been playing out and getting down the wings en masse, playing triangles around the wings, and switching play through Duffy/Norwood/Fleck to the other side and back until we work a space to get a ball in.

We're not physical at all. To be honest it's rare our players ever touch the opposition outside of set pieces, we try to pass around people rather than force our way through.

Great post there, summed up how we use Madine brilliantly. It hasn't resulted in hoof ball as some thought it would. In fairness to McGoldrick, he did win a few headers on Saturday. I am getting really annoyed at his continuing shooting at the near post from out wide though. Did it v Villa, Boro and on Saturday. I'd expect that from a young pro, but McGoldrick should know better.

It has to be a lack of goalscorers, doesn't it?

If you're only playing with one out and out striker, the likes of Alioski have to score more, and to me he never looks likely to.

Having two strikers scoring regularly has been a big factor behind our success.
Possibly a factor, but if you have midfield runners that shouldn't make to much difference should it?

We both average 1.7 goals per game.

Infogol have Leeds average expected goals from chances created as 1.5 per game and Blades as 1.6.

So we are both slightly more clinical than our chances would suggest, and Leeds are slightly more clinical than us.
I saw that the other day.

I looked in to it a bit more and our expected goals is inflated because up to and including game 8 we were with WBA the only side averaging over 2 goals per game.

Game 9 on we have averaged 1.4.

Expected goals since game 9 on (rounded these up or down)

Norwich - 41 scored 25 conceded
Norwich actual 49 scored 27 conceded.

Leeds- 38 scored 22 conceded.
Leeds actual 34 scored 29 conceded.

Sheff Utd- 41 scored 20 conceded
Sheff Utd actual 41 scored 20 conceded.

So since game 9 you are on point, Norwich are a tiny bit leakier then they should be but scoring more and we are scoring slightly less and conceding quite a bit more.

Oh god man pass, i dont know.

Bamford's 2nd injury was a training ground clash, his 1st happened in an u23 game.

Making me think now, i dont know, cant remember who got injured when.

There is probably some overworking, some bad luck and everythim between.

The pressure on Leeds to be promoted is quite high.
They have invested big in a manager, and while they haven’t really gone out and spent big on players they have some talented young players. So that alone has raised expectations from the media.
Fans expectations are generally high anyway, especially at clubs where they get good support and have a bit of history. Leeds fans expect more, and seem to have a touch of arrogance of levels seen with Pigs fans. Villa, WBA, Forest being other clubs whose fans seem to have this self inflated opinion of their club.

So for me, out of the top 4 (including WBA) Leeds and WBA are two taking the most pressure. Their players will begin to feel the toll of a very long, hard working, demanding and pressured season as it comes to its climax. Plus, if the post that the Leeds owner has gambled too much is true it may also mean pressure trickling down from the top!

I keep saying this...I’ve seen every side in this league a fair few times. When they are all in their game, Sheff United are the best all round side that is most suited to the championship. All teams could talk if bits and maybes, but simply looking at how teams play, IMHO we are the best team.
Pressure is off us, expectations are low (save for the odd loon fan) and although we have some very tough games to come I wouldn’t rule us out of getting results.

We are looking strong, the squad is looking healthy and competitive, and crucially the manager seems able to maintain motivation.

There’s going to be plenty of ups and downs to come, but I believe Norwich will run clear at the top by 5/6 points and we will sneak second to WBA with Leeds finishing 4th.
Controversially though, I expect Biesla to struggle in the play off pressure and they won’t even make the final. WBA to go up play offs.

Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.

Why not get the ghost of Revie to send the ghost of Bremner round to the opposition dressing room with a brown envelope?

They cannot be under estimated, they've been in the top 4 pretty much all season I think even through that period where every man & his dog at the club seem to be injured, they relied heavily on youth players. I personally could'nt see any other club in this league come through that situation as well as they did, they dominate pretty much every game too.

Would be shocked to see them lose tonight but my fingers are crossed.

If you’re not 100% fit or suffering fatigue then contact injuries will happen. You’re either going in half hearted or too tired. It’s not as simple as giving % like this

Whilst that is true, there is also the flip side which is suggested in the article if we are dominating games & always in possession we are always inviting heavier tired tackles on to us from the opposition.

A lot of money has gone on QPR to go down in the past few days. Gone in from 500s to 100s. Come on the super hoops, prove those doubters wrong starting tonight!

They cannot be under estimated, they've been in the top 4 pretty much all season I think even through that period where every man & his dog at the club seem to be injured, they relied heavily on youth players. I personally could'nt see any other club in this league come through that situation as well as they did, they dominate pretty much every game too.

Would be shocked to see them lose tonight but my fingers are crossed.

371C341B-A49F-49D7-B8CB-FD12D1788CDF.jpeg

A lot of money has gone on QPR to go down in the past few days. Gone in from 500s to 100s. Come on the super hoops, prove those doubters wrong starting tonight!

Perhaps they’ve received the traditional Dirty Corrupt Leeds brown paper package, known colloquially as the ‘Revie’?

No, it’s the faint sound of thousands of obsequious Bladey forelocks being tugged in unison.
From what I can see, most people are engaged in a good debate with a couple of level headed Leeds fans, while you are dishing out childish insults at them, as well as blades of course. But that’s a given.

From what I can see, most people are engaged in a good debate with a couple of level headed Leeds fans, while you are dishing out childish insults at them, as well as blades of course. But that’s a given.

If you want to be an apologist for the most corrupt club with the most arrogant, deluded fans in English football that’s your prerogative. I’ll keep my dignity whilst you’re having a frenzied tug.

Wolves are way in front of Leeds an that front

UTB

Really? I spend time in the company of Leeds fans. You try to have a general conversation about football in vain. All they are capable of talking about is Dirty Corrupt Leeds. It’s as though other clubs are simply making up the numbers. They are self-satisfied, deluded numpties.

QPR were unlucky to lose against West Brom the other night,they could quite easily get something against Leeds.

Back
Top Bottom