Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwich whilst being a decent outfit are not 'the best team by far'.

What impresses me about Norwich is not just the way they play (and they do play an impressive style despite some labouring the way they played early last season) but also how they've been clinical regularly but also dug out results in games that have looked lost.

Credit must also go to a club like Norwich as whilst not being as big as some, they always seem to bounce back from Prem relegation quicker than most. Even after dropping to League 1 they shot straight back to the PL.

Indeed they are not. However, and for what it may be worth, I think they, not WBA as has been suggested, have the most talented players.

They have some cracking players, I agree. The full backs, Stieperman.... however I must say my favourite is Onel Hernandez. Fast, direct and causes defenders to shit bricks.

2.5m he cost.

Indeed they are not. However, and for what it may be worth, I think they, not WBA as has been suggested, have the most talented players.

I definitely think they are the standout team, alongside us. Slightly less sure on the players, although it's close. The likes of Pukki, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Buendia and Aarons are excellent. I can see the argument made for West Brom as well, though. Phillips, Gayle, Rodriguez, Holgate and Harper would walk into most teams in the Championship.

Hard to say how this season will pan out Norwich look very good going forward but could they carry as much threat if Pukki got injured? Another thing about Norwich they leak goals sometimes 2 or 3 which makes it harder to keep winning.

Leeds to me look like they have been running on empty for the last month or so scraping wins and having loads of luck along the way. They could have easily lost to a very poor Bolton and it has been that way for a while their luck can't hold surely. I can see West Brom turning them over and QPR will not be a routine win no matter how poor their form is just now.

If the form table for the last 10 games is repeated in the next 10 we could be needing a win at home to a doomed Ipswich to secure promotion, think about that. If, if, if, if, that word keeps on cropping up, all I know is we have as much chance as anyone and more chance than the teams below us of getting up via a top 2 spot. I can think of 22 teams at least who would happily trade places with us.

Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.

So what you're saying is, if you score every chance you have, you'd be winning the league at a canter.

I'm sure most sides could also lay claim to that.

Just been looking at the fixture list... Leeds play twice before we play next monday - they could be 6 points ahead of us. I know things balance out by the end of the season and they have some big games coming up but as we head towards the run in could 6 points be too much?

I think we are streets ahead in terms of the football we play and the way we get forward. My friend who is a season ticket holder at Leeds thinks that results for them this season have flattered to deceive....
And you could look at it another way and say we’ve got an advantage from the fixtures because we’ll be allowed to rest up and sort out any knocks, whilst an already stretched Leeds team are having to play 3 games in a week.

We are currently level with Leeds but with a better goal difference and they have a game in hand. That’s the FACT of the matter no matter how you try to dress it up into would-be and could-be’s, and the fact that we’re not playing till Monday makes absolutely no difference, it’s what both clubs get out of their remaining games that matters. We could just as easy be 6 points ahead of Leeds after the Rotherham game with only 10 to play but would that then write Leeds off? Of course it wouldn’t, they’d still got to play us at home and 30 points still to play for, positions could and probably will change right up to the last week or two. Let’s just not get too far ahead of ourselves.

If we lose next Monday folk will be saying auto's have gone, if we don't beat rovrum we will be sweating over the playoffs, anything is possble, the good thing at this time of season is not only our position but how well we are playing, it will take some bad luck (desicions /injuries etc) for us not to finish top two, the general confidence team/fans is very high without being over confident, enjoy it, I am.

So what you're saying is, if you score every chance you have, you'd be winning the league at a canter.

I'm sure most sides could also lay claim to that.
Not that exactly.

Just mean our conversion rate this season is a long way off what a top 3 side should be.

If we had the conversion rate of our rivals then we'd be much better off, been a frustration all season.

Not that exactly.

Just mean our conversion rate this season is a long way off what a top 3 side should be.

If we had the conversion rate of our rivals then we'd be much better off, been a frustration all season.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think it's a valid point. It's so rare that everything goes for you. Converting chances, scoring late goals, getting helpful refereeing decisions, not conceding late goals, not having injuries, not having a meltdown in the middle of that game against some lowly side you probably should've beaten, the infamous "luck of the bounce". That's just football.

Leeds will beat QPR but West Brom will be a possible banana skin for them

I hear what you're saying but I don't think it's a valid point. It's so rare that everything goes for you. Converting chances, scoring late goals, getting helpful refereeing decisions, not conceding late goals, not having injuries, not having a meltdown in the middle of that game against some lowly side you probably should've beaten, the infamous "luck of the bounce". That's just football.
It is "luck of the bounce", a frustration i suppose most football fans have, i can pick 4 or 5 games now that on balance we should have won, you can probably do the same.

Dont think we have had much luck this season, only had 2 pens 1 own goal tons of injuries, little things.

Didnt expect top 2 tbf, would be disappointed to not get it now given we have been playoffs since game 1 and top 2 for most of it.

Nice to be in the mix though, exciting stuff.

Speaking to a friend who is a Leeds fan who tells me that they appear to be out on their feet. They play the same high intensity game as us but he says they are either not as fit or he works them too hard in training. Either way they are getting twitchy, earlier this season they were going to romp the division and the pundits had them down as the favourites to go up.
Norwich are in my opinion the best team with the easiest run in, oh and they waste time.
It’s in our hands though Blades,

It is "luck of the bounce", a frustration i suppose most football fans have, i can pick 4 or 5 games now that on balance we should have won, you can probably do the same.

Dont think we have had much luck this season, only had 2 pens 1 own goal tons of injuries, little things.

Didnt expect top 2 tbf, would be disappointed to not get it now given we have been playoffs since game 1 and top 2 for most of it.

Out of interest - how do you think the loss of Roofe will effect Leeds?

How long is he expected to be missing for?

UTB

Thought the derby would be typical sterile 0-0 affair. But with Bruce there now I think the gloves will be off. I fear Bruce won’t walk into a 4 goal tonkin, like he did when Villa manager. But with Madine and Hogan chomping at the bit. I think it’s gonna be very tasty.

I think we're in exactly the same boat, to be honest. A finish in one of the play-off positions would've been seen as a success before the season started. Most fans reckoned we hadn't recruited well and thought we might actually regress. Looking back, though we didn't do an awful lot over the Summer, our signings of Henderson, Egan, McGoldrick and then latterly Ollie Norwood were inspired. And our January business already looks very, very good.

Reading a lot of comments on here suggesting we’re out on our feet which judging by our possession stats isn’t the case we’re controlling every game, almost 70% possession against Bolton, the same away at boro the same against Swansea. Our problem is we’re taking 3/4 chances to score 1 against teams who are set up to defend. So to opossition fans it may seems that we’re struggling to beat Bolton & are “out on our feet” when in reality we’re creating the chances just not taking them & if I’m honest I’ll take 2-1 wins until the end as with game in hand it will have us come top. It’s frustrating that we aren’t putting 3/4 by teams but 3 points are all that matters.

We’ve had injuries throughout the season giving 7/8 kids under 20 debuts & still will be top if we win tomorrow. Our players who have been out won’t be burnt out as they’ve had spells out throughout the season & almost ready to return barring Roofe.

The way I’m looking at it is, if we’ve managed to stay in touch when not playing at our best, we’ve every chance of kicking on for the run in.

Don’t get me wrong you’re a very good team & are physical & You’re not going to make it easy you have a very good chance also

& yes there is pressure on us, but yourselves are now starting to believe you’re going to be promoted plus the media have taken a bit of notice of you now & cooled on us, which in my opinion is good as the pressure will now be on you & Norwich as players will be reading & listening to what is being said about them. If games are going as you want will you all become nervous & will that transmit on to the players so we’ll see how they handle it.

Are you not with the likes of madine & up top with sharpe playing off him. Fleck likes to put himself about.

Out of interest - how do you think the loss of Roofe will effect Leeds?

How long is he expected to be missing for?

UTB
Depends on other factors imo, if Bamford stays fit and gets his match sharpness back, Izzy Brown gets up to match sharpness soon and Jack Clarke then probably not as much as people would expect given he is our top scorer.

He was meant to be backup anyways, Bamford was 1st choice. We will miss his energy and intelligence and workrate and having him as an option for sure, but provided the footballing gods are kind in other ways we should be ok.

End of March/ beginning of April i would think, doubt he will be back before the Millwall game which is the 30th of next month.

Sheffield United aren't clinical. We've improved in that aspect recently though.

We will miss his energy and intelligence and workrate

yep, agree totally with that. He's a clever footballer and I like what I see in him.

It is for sure a bonus for the other teams around you that he is missing for a bit. Not convinced about Bamford - think he's very light weight - a good touch player - not convinced he's top of the Champ for all the hurly burly high energy stuff.

As they say - we're at the business end of the season - it's getting very interesting.

Edit: just seen the jack Clarke comment - he reminds me so much of David Brooks - you have a star in the making.

UTB

Reading a lot of comments on here suggesting we’re out on our feet which judging by our possession stats isn’t the case we’re controlling every game, almost 70% possession against Bolton, the same away at boro the same against Swansea. Our problem is we’re taking 3/4 chances to score 1 against teams who are set up to defend. So to opossition fans it may seems that we’re struggling to beat Bolton & are “out on our feet” when in reality we’re creating the chances just not taking them & if I’m honest I’ll take 2-1 wins until the end as with game in hand it will have us come top. It’s frustrating that we aren’t putting 3/4 by teams but 3 points are all that matters.

We’ve had injuries throughout the season giving 7/8 kids under 20 debuts & still will be top if we win tomorrow. Our players who have been out won’t be burnt out as they’ve had spells out throughout the season & almost ready to return barring Roofe.

The way I’m looking at it is, if we’ve managed to stay in touch when not playing at our best, we’ve every chance of kicking on for the run in.

Don’t get me wrong you’re a very good team & are physical & You’re not going to make it easy you have a very good chance also

& yes there is pressure on us, but yourselves are now starting to believe you’re going to be promoted plus the media have taken a bit of notice of you now & cooled on us, which in my opinion is good as the pressure will now be on you & Norwich as players will be reading & listening to what is being said about them. If games are going as you want will you all become nervous & will that transmit on to the players so we’ll see how they handle it.

Sheffield Uited aren't a physical side. We play 3-5-2 though the thirds with overlapping centre backs routinely dominating the ball. Leeds, Norwich and West Brom are all more physical. We've made a slight adaption in recent away games due to injuries. Don't look into that too much.

Back
Top Bottom