Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

RowTBlade10

Reaction score
Just been looking at the fixture list... Leeds play twice before we play next monday - they could be 6 points ahead of us. I know things balance out by the end of the season and they have some big games coming up but as we head towards the run in could 6 points be too much?

I think we are streets ahead in terms of the football we play and the way we get forward. My friend who is a season ticket holder at Leeds thinks that results for them this season have flattered to deceive....

Their luck will run out eventually. That win against Notlob was undeserved and a fluke.

Was it about 12 games ago that both Leeds and Norwich were loads ahead - We helped to close the gap and a few others hung on our coattails and got closer too.

The WBA fans were in despair after Saturday night about autos gone - absolute bonkers to think that, the race for top 2 is still wide open. It would be a daft person to even rule out Boro or Bristol.

For sure with 12/13 games left a lot can still happen - suspensions/injuries/freak results etc.

Our squad has been brilliant in the past 2 to 3 games - i'd like to see a few of the others cope with such problems and with Roofe missing for Leeds, that could be a major issue to them.

The form league isn't terribly good for either Leeds or Norwich either.

All we need to do is concentrate one game at a time, like we are doing and don't get carried away.

UTB

Was it about 12 games ago that both Leeds and Norwich were loads ahead - We helped to close the gap and a few others hung on our coattails and got closer too.

The WBA fans were in despair after Saturday night about autos gone - absolute bonkers to think that, the race for top 2 is still wide open. It would be a daft person to even rule out Boro or Bristol.

For sure with 12/13 games left a lot can still happen - suspensions/injuries/freak results etc.

Our squad has been brilliant in the past 2 to 3 games - i'd like to see a few of the others cope with such problems and with Roofe missing for Leeds, that could be a major issue to them.

The form league isn't terribly good for either Leeds or Norwich either.

All we need to do is concentrate one game at a time, like we are doing and don't get carried away.

UTB

Exactly, Around Xmas time we'd just had a shabby 1-1 with Ipswich and were 10!!! points off autos and hanging onto the Playoff spots.

Big spell of form following that game and we're right in the mix having clawed back the majority of those 10 points. There's still 12/13 games left, there's a hell of a lot more twists and turns yet.

QPR away is their game in hand, not easy, as WBA found out last week, then 3 days later they play WBA at home, so they could be 6 points in front before we play what will be our game in hand at Hillsborough, if Leeds win both games I'd be surprised, but if they do, and we get a derby win it would put us 7 points clear of West Brom. There are far too many if,s to get worried about.

I also know a Leeds fan who is usually sensible and level headed.
He says that it’s as though his team are currently limping over the finish line.
Says if there were 3 matches left then he’d feel good, more optimistic about auto promotion
But since they still have 13 matches left he’s convinced Leeds WON’T make the autos.
Says there’s something missing and they haven’t been convincing for ages (in any match during 2019).

Just been looking at the fixture list... Leeds play twice before we play next monday - they could be 6 points ahead of us. I know things balance out by the end of the season and they have some big games coming up but as we head towards the run in could 6 points be too much?

Absolutely. Win those two games, where we don't even play, and we might as well not even turn up at their place.
I'm going QPR 0-8 Leeds and Leeds 6-1 WBA, completely turn round the goal difference so we'd have to win by 3 goals at their place just to get it back. I'm done for the season now I've seen that.

I think we are streets ahead in terms of the football we play and the way we get forward. My friend who is a season ticket holder at Leeds thinks that results for them this season have flattered to deceive....

If they’ve played two games more than we have, then no, 6 points is not too much!

Last week I was hoping both Villa and QPR could help us a bit by taking points off West Brom. Both didn't and West Brom did very well with two difficult away games.

What did we do? We took it upon OURSELVES to turn West Brom over.

We can do it ourselves - all it takes is one game at a time. We should just look at it as a bonus if other teams trip up - it's all about what we do.

UTB

The pressure is building on everyone in the top 4 but nobody has pressure more than Leeds.
I could hear their fans getting twitchy Saturday. I personally think they are the weakest side out of our major rivals and when they slip up I think it could even be for a couple of games in a row which at this stage would be costly.

D28ED0D2-0817-4209-918B-38EB950F1FDF.png
Exactly, Around Xmas time we'd just had a shabby 1-1 with Ipswich and were 10!!! points off autos and hanging onto the Playoff spots.

Big spell of form following that game and we're right in the mix having clawed back the majority of those 10 points. There's still 12/13 games left, there's a hell of a lot more twists and turns yet.

Leeds will struggle from now on as they can’t keep playing the high intensity game that has got them into this good position in the first place. It happened to us last season, the difference this season though is we have a much better squad and have managed our games in a much better and controlled way, one final push from us and I honestly can’t see us finishing out of the top two.

Call me a pig or whatever for the confidence I’m showing but I honestly couldn’t give a fuck, the Blades are going up.

Leeds will struggle from now on as they can’t keep playing the high intensity game that has got them into this good position in the first place. It happened to us last season, the difference this season though is we have a much better squad and have managed our games in a much better and controlled way, one final push from us and I honestly can’t see us finishing out of the top two.

Call me a pig or whatever for the confidence I’m showing but I honestly couldn’t give a fuck, the Blades are going up.

you fat piggy bast...............;)

Agree totally - well done for not fence sitting.

At the end of the WBA game the fans sang "the Blades are going up" - think it's the first time i've heard it this season :)

UTB

Although goal difference potentially comes into it, promotion is in our own hands, doesn't matter what everyone else does. Leets have WBA and us coming up, let's see where we are after that.

Bugger, now if you'd referred to yourself as deluded I'd be happy to call you a grunter...but confidence? Nah, I cannot imagine that if you were cut you'd reveal the words 'Danish' or some-such pig related term........you my son, are a Blade through and through, and the strange emotion emotion that you call confidence is based on a series of recent events beginning with a certain messrs Wilder and Knill.

It could be 6 points but maybe less. If we beat them, and we are well capable of that, then it could be only 3 points and we are certain to have a better goal difference, which is effectively worth an extra point.

Well its not worked in the previous 8 games, what makes you think its going to work tomorrow ?
Freeman injured as well ?

Looking at scorelines alone is a little too simplistic. In recent matches they lost to a 93rd-minute penalty away at Bristol City, missed a last-minute penalty which would've snatched a draw at Birmingham having been 4-0 down, conceded a 94th-minute winner against West Brom while they had 10 men on the pitch. QPR have run decent sides very, very close recently. Freeman could even be back for the Leeds game.

Agreed ,Leeds have poor strength in depth ,it will catch up with them soon.

Leeds looked shite against Bolton on sat and were lucky to win. Fans were getting on their backs and their 'high intensity' football seemed nothing more than balls into the box
We on the other hand have hit yet another rich vein of form, there's confidence around the club and the players and fans appear to believe it can happen without getting carried away.

It could be 6 points but maybe less. If we beat them, and we are well capable of that, then it could be only 3 points and we are certain to have a better goal difference, which is effectively worth an extra point.
You’ve set Pinchy off now! :)

I’m still not ready to give up on the top 2 but I fear we may finish 3rd.

Norwich look really good and have just played arguably their hardest remaining fixture (taking a victory over Bristol City ) - they have been the best team by far after their awful start to the season.

Leeds is the interesting one. Flew out of the blocks but have been relatively inconsistent over the last month or so. Also Bielsa hasn’t got experience of getting things over the line certainly recently.

I probably agree with the bookies that we are third favourites but this squad has experience in the title run in. And has passed some big tests after villa beating wba and boro.

I’m still not ready to give up on the top 2 but I fear we may finish 3rd.

Norwich look really good and have just played arguably their hardest remaining fixture (taking a victory over Bristol City ) - they have been the best team by far after their awful start to the season.

Leeds is the interesting one. Flew out of the blocks but have been relatively inconsistent over the last month or so. Also Bielsa hasn’t got experience of getting things over the line certainly recently.

I probably agree with the bookies that we are third favourites but this squad has experience in the title run in. And has passed some big tests after villa beating wba and boro.

Norwich whilst being a decent outfit are not 'the best team by far'.

Que sera sera.

More than 99% of the time the teams that finish top two deserve to go up automatically.

The kicker for us would be to miss out on 2nd by goal difference or a point, then lose in the play offs again after finishing third.

That would be cruel this time imho.

Back
Top Bottom