Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just been looking at the fixture list... Leeds play twice before we play next monday - they could be 6 points ahead of us. I know things balance out by the end of the season and they have some big games coming up but as we head towards the run in could 6 points be too much?

I think we are streets ahead in terms of the football we play and the way we get forward. My friend who is a season ticket holder at Leeds thinks that results for them this season have flattered to deceive....

There you go, what did I tell ya. Calm down!

Bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks

I'll reply to other stuff tomorrow after ive finished smacking my head off the wall.

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!

Kid at work who supports Leeds has been worried for a few weeks. Leeds have loads of possession but aren't doing much with it and when Roofe was injured he said he would take play offs. Is this a typical Bielsa burn out situation?

Kid at work who supports Leeds has been worried for a few weeks. Leeds have loads of possession but aren't doing much with it and when Roofe was injured he said he would take play offs. Is this a typical Bielsa burn out situation?
I dunno, ive been worried all season just because i thought our squad lacked quality in a few areas.

Then we let Saiz go, didnt get the winger Bielsa has wanted since the summer, to not get 2 quality players in for those two areas was staggering stupidity.

Dont think its a burn out its more once teams work out how to set up against you more often then not you need that bit of individual quality for something different, bit like Madine giving you a different option.

We dont have that, we need that player who could beat a man, draw players out of position to create space for others like Freeman was doing today.

Bielsa's teams are famous for their burnouts in the final third of the season. He then runs away, and takes his ridiculous little stool with him.

No, teams have not worked you out, but you can no longer spy on other teams final training sessions. Funny how your downturn in form has coincided with no longer being able to cheat.

For what its worth.

I'm 28 (29 in the summer), so I'm to young to remember the Revie years by a mile, Don was sadly dead when i was born and Bremner not many years after. Obviously i know and appreciate the history but i dont have a personal connection to it, i only know from reading and watching clips etc.

I'm also to young to remember Wilko and those years, cant even remember the tail end, i was 6 when he left.

So my personal knowledge starts with George Graham, i can remember the 1997/1998 season and my childhood team was the O'Leary years.

So in total i can remember 21/22 years, of seasons, first 5 were great fun, 3 top 4s and a few top 5s. 2 European semi finals, lovely time to grow up as a Leeds fan.

Unfortunately for people my age and younger those good times were few and far between, anyone under 21 would be hard pressed to remember any really great years.

We've had decent seasons in the lower leagues but they dont really compare to top 4s and European nights beating AC Milan, drawing with Barcelona etc.

I'm under no illusions about our place in the football world now, we are a 2nd division side no more relevant or important in the footballing grand scheme then any other historically bigger sides that have fallen away.

We were once, be nice to be again, if we go up eventually i hope that we strive to be a top 4 side again, a potential title contender maybe, certainly dont want us to be a yoyo club or just one of the pack.

But we have no divine right to achieve anything, nobody does.

The rivalries with Manchester United and such are genuine, you dont have to take a Leeds fans opinion, you can check there forum for one. There also seems to be a rivalry with there rivals City, not sure where that came from but we have a 55 page thread just for this season on there.

A historically big club, sure, a potential big club again, yes, we have the appeal, our viewing figures are testament to that and Bielsa has bought even more global attention, we have gotten a lot of exposure in South America this year.

We have our share of blinkered fans, but most imo are pretty aware of our current standing but hope to eventually get back to the good old days.
What does “gotten” mean?

Bielsa's teams are famous for their burnouts in the final third of the season. He then runs away, and takes his ridiculous little stool with him.

No, teams have not worked you out, but you can no longer spy on other teams final training sessions. Funny how your downturn in form has coincided with no longer being able to cheat.
"Bielsa burnout" isnt as simple as people think, to tired to go into that now.

And ok on the "cheat" bit fed up of "spygate" so will just agree, we had lost 2 on the bounce pre Derby incidentally.

What does “gotten” mean?
Poor English on my part but perfectly acceptable in American English, got phased out in England bit like "apologise" and "apologize", even though apologize was the original correct spelling not that it matters.

Poor English on my part but perfectly acceptable in American English, got phased out in England bit like "apologise" and "apologize", even though apologize was the original correct spelling not that it matters.
Firstly, many thanks for all your posts, they are appreciated.
Another piece of history, which may account for the animosity towards Leeds among some older Blades supporters (including myself), beyond their dirty tactics during the 1970s, was the taking of our best players, in particular Jones, Currie and Sabella.
As for your grammar, don't worry about it. These forums are riddled with bad grammar and spelling. However, suggest you research the use of "to" and "too". Invariably you have been using the former, when the latter would be grammatically correct.
Good luck for the rest of the season, on the condition we are promoted and finish above you.

Bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks

I'll reply to other stuff tomorrow after ive finished smacking my head off the wall.

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!!!!

Whilst I've had genuine interest in your contributions, this is by far the best of the lot

Apologies for adding to your angst, but, as a child of the 60"'s, & following reasoning as explained above witnessing the demise one of West Yorks finest is ALWAYS a thing of immense beauty

Oh & out of interest were you @ Loftus Road with all the multitudes of great supporters of your big club ?

Bitter & Twisted - guilty as charged - ref above - & not forgetting that obnoxious ginger dwarf cunt 'celebrating' winning the league @ BL

Firstly, many thanks for all your posts, they are appreciated.
Another piece of history, which may account for the animosity towards Leeds among some older Blades supporters (including myself), beyond their dirty tactics during the 1970s, was the taking of our best players, in particular Jones, Currie and Sabella.
As for your grammar, don't worry about it. These forums are riddled with bad grammar and spelling. However, suggest you research the use of "to" and "too". Invariably you have been using the former, when the latter would be grammatically correct.
Good luck for the rest of the season, on the condition we are promoted and finish above you.
Ah cheers, well i assumed that may be one of the reasons, no issues.

I'm not worried, if it was important i'd re read every post 10 times, the "to" and "too" thing is actually something I've struggled with since school, even though i could explain the difference if asked i can't get out of the habit of using just "to", funny the habits you pick up and cant get out of.

Thanks, tonight/this morning I'm not even confident of promotion and should really get to sleep.

Whilst I've had genuine interest in your contributions, this is by far the best of the lot

Apologies for adding to your angst, but, as a child of the 60"'s, & following reasoning as explained above witnessing the demise one of West Yorks finest is ALWAYS a thing of immense beauty

Oh & out of interest were you @ Loftus Road with all the multitudes of great supporters of your big club ?

Bitter & Twisted - guilty as charged - ref above - & not forgetting that obnoxious ginger dwarf cunt 'celebrating' winning the league @ BL
Dont apologise mate, i wouldn't if it was the other way around, I'd be laughing my tits off if you had cocked up a chance like we did tonight.

I was not thankfully.

:)

I feel like my dislike for Leeds is dormant outside of the promotion race. I actively hate Norwich and recently West Bromwich more than Leeds, and the weirdness of Bielsa softens the hate, but as much as a large proportion of their fans are the sort that partake in Wendy esque "we're massive" bragging, unlike Wednesday they've got a case. I remember seeing Leeds play in a Champions League semi, the way they shit the bed was unbelievable, and wouldn't happen now. Conversely I was still literally shitting the bed as a toddler last time Wednesday had any success.

They're still dirty though, I've seen some shocking tackles flying around when I've watched Leeds.

If someone offered me a Sheffield United Leeds top two right now I'd take it all day long and congratulate the county of Yorkshire.

Dont apologise mate, i wouldn't if it was the other way around, I'd be laughing my tits off if you had cocked up a chance like we did tonight.

I was not thankfully.

:)
Fair play fella - realise not a phrase you'll ever have heard afore given your origins / allegiances

They’ll find a way. It’s what they do.

Well it's fair to say I feel a bit smug this morning after yesterday telling my mates not to back QPR going down :D

"Bielsa burnout" isnt as simple as people think, to tired to go into that now.

And ok on the "cheat" bit fed up of "spygate" so will just agree, we had lost 2 on the bounce pre Derby incidentally.
It is that simple......And you're falling apart as usual. Fully expect you to lose against WBA and Bristol City.

Your club and its seat chuckers are known throughout the land and have been for some time as cheats. So yes you should be a bit fed up of it. But your lot never change, hence the 'dirty' and 'scum' songs.

Don't get to disheartened with falling apart, always next year. And when Bielsa goes, why not put Bowyer in charge? He pretty much represents everything your club is.

Oh and it's 'too tired to'. Don't they have schools in Leeds? Or do you just get a look at the exam papers the day before ?

This is worth watching - for a few minutes, then it gets boring. He looks broken, but maybe that's how he does every interview - with head down. I can't help thinking that when the chips are down you want a Manager who can communicate direct to the players without the need for a translator and if this is how Bielsa does his team talks then its hardly inspiring!

It is that simple......And you're falling apart as usual. Fully expect you to lose against WBA and Bristol City.

Your club and its seat chuckers are known throughout the land and have been for some time as cheats. So yes you should be a bit fed up of it. But your lot never change, hence the 'dirty' and 'scum' songs.

Don't get to disheartened with falling apart, always next year. And when Bielsa goes, why not put Bowyer in charge? He pretty much represents everything your club is.

Oh and it's 'too tired to'. Don't they have schools in Leeds? Or do you just get a look at the exam papers the day before ?

Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Cjay has been both reasonable and humble, and it's nice to have a discussion with someone other than a blade or a wednesdayite - can't see him sticking around if we're just going to goad him everytime Leeds drop points.

This is worth watching - for a few minutes, then it gets boring. He looks broken, but maybe that's how he does every interview - with head down. I can't help thinking that when the chips are down you want a Manager who can communicate direct to the players without the need for a translator and if this is how Bielsa does his team talks then its hardly inspiring!

Bielsa’s a great coach - but he talks about football as though it’s a game of chess.

When Wilder talks it’s like having as good a time as you can when you’re fucking a beautiful woman.

Another one who thinks we are a physical side :confused:
I'd say we definitely are a physical side.

Egan, Basham, JOC, Stevens, Baldock, Fleck, Madine, are all strong physically. Sharp, Goldie, are no wallflowers either.

We are also a really good football team

Bielsa’s a great coach - but he talks about football as though it’s a game of chess.

When Wilder talks it’s like having as good a time as you can when you’re fucking a beautiful woman.
yes very true

upload_2019-2-27_15-33-7.png

Reactions: Dkc

Well its not, but ok then:)

You may be right, not confident at all about either game but strange things happen, you threw away a 3 goal lead not long ago and lost to Swansea, two sides we beat, anything can happen.

Ok then on the "cheats" as i said wont argue.

Doing a good job Bowyer.

I wouldn't know, not from Leeds.:rolleyes:

Perhaps he is?

Certainly liven up manager interviews, although not sure id like to see the happy face of Ian Dowie.

Just been looking at the fixture list... Leeds play twice before we play next monday - they could be 6 points ahead of us. I know things balance out by the end of the season and they have some big games coming up but as we head towards the run in could 6 points be too much?

I think we are streets ahead in terms of the football we play and the way we get forward. My friend who is a season ticket holder at Leeds thinks that results for them this season have flattered to deceive....
Or they could be third behind us with us having a game in hand.

Back
Top Bottom