Leeds....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LondonBlade89

Reaction score
Well its not worked in the previous 8 games, what makes you think its going to work tomorrow ?
Freeman injured as well ?
Looking at scorelines alone is a little too simplistic. In recent matches they lost to a 93rd-minute penalty away at Bristol City, missed a last-minute penalty which would've snatched a draw at Birmingham having been 4-0 down, conceded a 94th-minute winner against West Brom while they had 10 men on the pitch. QPR have run decent sides very, very close recently. Freeman could even be back for the Leeds game.

sitwell

Big member
Reaction score
Leeds will struggle from now on as they can’t keep playing the high intensity game that has got them into this good position in the first place. It happened to us last season, the difference this season though is we have a much better squad and have managed our games in a much better and controlled way, one final push from us and I honestly can’t see us finishing out of the top two.

Call me a pig or whatever for the confidence I’m showing but I honestly couldn’t give a fuck, the Blades are going up.
Agreed ,Leeds have poor strength in depth ,it will catch up with them soon.

Reaction score
Leeds looked shite against Bolton on sat and were lucky to win. Fans were getting on their backs and their 'high intensity' football seemed nothing more than balls into the box
We on the other hand have hit yet another rich vein of form, there's confidence around the club and the players and fans appear to believe it can happen without getting carried away.

wizadry

wizster
Reaction score
It could be 6 points but maybe less. If we beat them, and we are well capable of that, then it could be only 3 points and we are certain to have a better goal difference, which is effectively worth an extra point.
You’ve set Pinchy off now! :)

Bladeinleeds

Reaction score
I’m still not ready to give up on the top 2 but I fear we may finish 3rd.

Norwich look really good and have just played arguably their hardest remaining fixture (taking a victory over Bristol City ) - they have been the best team by far after their awful start to the season.

Leeds is the interesting one. Flew out of the blocks but have been relatively inconsistent over the last month or so. Also Bielsa hasn’t got experience of getting things over the line certainly recently.

I probably agree with the bookies that we are third favourites but this squad has experience in the title run in. And has passed some big tests after villa beating wba and boro.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
I’m still not ready to give up on the top 2 but I fear we may finish 3rd.

Norwich look really good and have just played arguably their hardest remaining fixture (taking a victory over Bristol City ) - they have been the best team by far after their awful start to the season.

Leeds is the interesting one. Flew out of the blocks but have been relatively inconsistent over the last month or so. Also Bielsa hasn’t got experience of getting things over the line certainly recently.

I probably agree with the bookies that we are third favourites but this squad has experience in the title run in. And has passed some big tests after villa beating wba and boro.
Norwich whilst being a decent outfit are not 'the best team by far'.

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score
Que sera sera.

More than 99% of the time the teams that finish top two deserve to go up automatically.

The kicker for us would be to miss out on 2nd by goal difference or a point, then lose in the play offs again after finishing third.

That would be cruel this time imho.

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score
Norwich whilst being a decent outfit are not 'the best team by far'.
What impresses me about Norwich is not just the way they play (and they do play an impressive style despite some labouring the way they played early last season) but also how they've been clinical regularly but also dug out results in games that have looked lost.

Credit must also go to a club like Norwich as whilst not being as big as some, they always seem to bounce back from Prem relegation quicker than most. Even after dropping to League 1 they shot straight back to the PL.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
Indeed they are not. However, and for what it may be worth, I think they, not WBA as has been suggested, have the most talented players.
They have some cracking players, I agree. The full backs, Stieperman.... however I must say my favourite is Onel Hernandez. Fast, direct and causes defenders to shit bricks.

2.5m he cost.

LondonBlade89

Reaction score
Indeed they are not. However, and for what it may be worth, I think they, not WBA as has been suggested, have the most talented players.
I definitely think they are the standout team, alongside us. Slightly less sure on the players, although it's close. The likes of Pukki, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Buendia and Aarons are excellent. I can see the argument made for West Brom as well, though. Phillips, Gayle, Rodriguez, Holgate and Harper would walk into most teams in the Championship.

metalblade

Fuck VAR !!!
Reaction score
Hard to say how this season will pan out Norwich look very good going forward but could they carry as much threat if Pukki got injured? Another thing about Norwich they leak goals sometimes 2 or 3 which makes it harder to keep winning.

Leeds to me look like they have been running on empty for the last month or so scraping wins and having loads of luck along the way. They could have easily lost to a very poor Bolton and it has been that way for a while their luck can't hold surely. I can see West Brom turning them over and QPR will not be a routine win no matter how poor their form is just now.

If the form table for the last 10 games is repeated in the next 10 we could be needing a win at home to a doomed Ipswich to secure promotion, think about that. If, if, if, if, that word keeps on cropping up, all I know is we have as much chance as anyone and more chance than the teams below us of getting up via a top 2 spot. I can think of 22 teams at least who would happily trade places with us.

Cjay

Reaction score
Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
Tbf to us with our injuries this season its a miracle we are where we are.

We've had i think its 45 individual injuries this season, enough for 2 each player and a combined total of 3-4 seasons missed in games, 140/150.

We haven't been winning well for a while, but we should have, if we were as clinical as you and Norwich and WBA we'd be well ahead. As MB has said all season we have needed to many chances to score, yet we could go top tomorrow night, if we were more clinical then how many points would we have?

For the first time this season we are approaching a fully fit squad, 2 players back tomorrow, Jack Clarke back hopefully for WBA, Forshaw for the following week, that leaves only Roofe.

We have a chance of being top tomorrow despite all our injuries all season, despite having the conversion rate of the bottom few sides.
So what you're saying is, if you score every chance you have, you'd be winning the league at a canter.

I'm sure most sides could also lay claim to that.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom