Match Thread Leeds United v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn't see that coming at half time. Mind you state just showed Leeds didn't have one shot on target

Maybe a bit lucky but that's huge. Not season defining by any stretch of the imagination but that's now Leeds with a defender and keeper out and a point behind us.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is shook on Sky at the moment haha

Magnificent result
Rode our luck a little bit first half and again with Janson's injury, however if Janson hadn't injured himself we might have scored anyway

The goalie getting sent off also prevented it from being 2-0

The big difference from last season is clear, we can now allow good teams to have the ball and still restrict them, last season we couldn't concede possession for longer than 30 seconds without conceding, so when our own game didn't work we got hit with numerous sucker punches.

We can now choose a style and tactics to suit what the opposition is likely to throw at us

I’d sub Basham for that.

Doesn't have that kind of finish in his locker. Tbf, he tried to play billy in

Basham needs to be taken off he is the reason why we look sub standard in midfield,Duffy or Dowell on the sooner the better.

Bashan is like a new born foal. He is league one player doing ok in Champ. For all his "marauding runs" he lacks any sort of technical ability.

Basham work rate is second to none, but with that ball at his feet.

You can see why Basham is in there as he’s made probably the best piece of defending that half to track back and stop what looked like a clear goalscoring chance. Unfortunately he’s offering nothing punishing going forward – Leeds are happy to mark Norwood out of the game and allow the rest time on the ball to lose it. We haven’t as a result been able to build from the back at get the wingbacks or centrebacks up to support.

We’ve defended well to this point, and Leeds those last 15 mins looked a bit like Brentford late-on midweek – starting to get frustrated, over hitting balls forward, making mistakes.

These messages aged well...:D:D:D

couldnt be prouder of the team. outstanding effort in both games Tuesday & Saturday such a vital 3pts. in what the biggest game for leeds since Watford Play Off final & Us since we close to be 1pt from 4 games & bottom of L1 v Oxford H aug 2016. that match was as tough as i thought it would be, why I realised it great tactically from wilder. as leeds are I feel best team in division, it was why once we started to grow into the game he but basham in the midfield he knew kitchen sink was going to chucked 1st half & if we went toe to toe we could gone like west brom 4-0. so he made sure we stayed in the game as we couldnt lose & then have the chance to bring on fresh legs later once we grown in to the game

but a bit critical we need to retain possession better because it makes things v Brentford & leeds a lot more nervous. considering WBA Brentford & now Leeds. not sure how many more tense finishes my nerves can take. at this rate,i hope we go auto otherwise ill be finished before :D but this not the summit this is just base camp because this tough run in. playing play off contenders or top 6 form teams

Just been reading what Bamford has been saying about our celebration on radio leeds...

"It was funny what they were singing, telling us we were bad. I know we lost but I think they've been a little bit daft there," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"Hearing them and hearing the Sheffield boys, it was as if they think they're already up. Eight games to go, that's a lot of points to play for so nothing's written in stone yet."

...It is wide open and all to play for still but is he trying to say if it was the other way round Elland Road wouldn't have gone nuts with the home support acting like they'd won ? ooow hes a sore loser !!

Just been reading what Bamford has been saying about our celebration on radio leeds...

"It was funny what they were singing, telling us we were bad. I know we lost but I think they've been a little bit daft there," he told BBC Radio Leeds.

"Hearing them and hearing the Sheffield boys, it was as if they think they're already up. Eight games to go, that's a lot of points to play for so nothing's written in stone yet."

...It is wide open and all to play for still but is he trying to say if it was the other way round Elland Road wouldn't have gone nuts with the home support acting like they'd won ? ooow hes a sore loser !!

Did he have any comment then about his teammate Pontus Jansson describing this in the week as “The biggest game of our lives”? If there’s anyone that was overstating the importance of this game, it wasn’t anyone on our side – indeed Sharp and Wilder have both been extremely measured in their comments, striking the right balance of highlighting it's a good win while making it clear there is a lot of football still to be played. If he’s really having a go for us celebrating an unlikely win against a promotion and local rival the issue certainly isn’t with us.

Back
Top Bottom