Leeds Fan :)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cjay

Reaction score
Good afternoon Sheffield United peoples :)

With the game on Saturday, thought i would come back and see how things have changed for you, and us, since i last was here.:(

Soo.

Hows your season gone so far?

How do you see it going from here on?

And finally, whats your thoughts on the match?:D

Well Cjay, not sure if this is one of those, 'Leeds fan in peace' posts.

As regards your questions, I'd have thought you could see how well we've done just by looking at the league tables. Enjoyed the first game at your place, thought one of your younger players (Phillips? Sorry can't recall his name) was reckless when it came to challenging for the ball though.

It was a decent game though and hope this week's is as good to watch with a similar result. We've kept our manager, what about you? ;)

With the game on Saturday, thought i would come back and see how things have changed for you, and us, since i last was here.:(

Soo.

Started like a train, got derailed with the injury to Coutts. Hopefully get a second wind when the new lads get used to things.

Coat tails of playoffs, might get in 5th or 6th which at the start of the season I'd have happily taken.

Bit like the Pig game, lot of hope, lot of hype, 0-0 draw.

By the way, that badge thing, what the actual fuck?

Indeed, I was suprised that Crab Graphics didn't win that contract.

Maybe Vern didn't know the latin for we hate Leeds and Leeds and Leeds..

I think it says it all about that project that it was something that Crab Graphics (a division of Crab Industries) wouldn't get involved in.

On the contrary, Vern knows copious amounts of "latin", just possibly not the Latin you have in mind..........................

Soo.

Hello CJ.
Perrin here on red.
We didn't get where we are today by having the season we've had so far!
Oh, hang on a mo.....

We're ok.

Dunno bout your lot...disappointed (again) I guess.

I think we'll win.

Soo.

It feels like a big game for us. We've been toothless of late and took a big knock in confidence against Villa and Wolves.

I feel like we really need to win or we may have a bad run of results. I feel the confidence has gone and the players need to feel that they can win games again. I don't think either club will get in the play-off and I doubt there will be 22 players on the pitch by the end of the game. I wouldn't be surprised by a 0-0 bore draw.

Both peaked too soon, rest of season is gonna be wank.

Our season now hinges on finishing above Wednesday and hopefully getting a better average attendance than them as an extra little bonus.

We were fantastic last season, played a bit like Barcelona and we so much better than the opposition it was untrue.
Best football I’ve seen watching United for 40 years and one of my most enjoyable seasons ever.

This season I knew we’d finish comfortable mid table,at least.
Opposition teams under estimated us and thought their (supposed superior team) simply had to perform and they’d win.
Gradually teams have realised we’re a really good team and teams need to think defensively against us,
then rely on the occasional counter attack.

We lost our main player (Paul Coutts) with a broken leg and since then although we’ve played quite well we’ve struggled to pick up points.

It’s weird our recent bad run might be down to Wilders naive positivity.
We consistently create more chances than the opposition and always push forward to score.
However opposition teams have defended in numbers which we’ve struggled to break down
And the number of long range world class shots we’re conceded is getting beyond a joke.

The stats show we have the most underworked goalie in the league. Least shots on target at our goal than any other team in this league. Sounds good doesn’t it? but we’ve still conceded a fair amount of goals.
Sounds like we must have weak goalies but many of the goals concede haven’t really been anyone’s fault.

We’ve just bought 4 new players so are hopeful
And as we’ve been playing reasonably well (eve during the poor run) some still believe we realistically could go on a good run
And finishing in the pay-offs is still realistic.

Saturdays game is a must win game for both teams. I expect the Blades to win 2-1.

Last edited:
Alright Cjay Blade in peace, come to tell us how lucky we were at your place again, how does fuck off sound?
Sounds fine, except i didnt say " you were lucky". :p

Started like a train, got derailed with the injury to Coutts. Hopefully get a second wind when the new lads get used to things.

Coat tails of playoffs, might get in 5th or 6th which at the start of the season I'd have happily taken.

Bit like the Pig game, lot of hope, lot of hype, 0-0 draw.

By the way, that badge thing, what the actual fuck?

It was an April Fools joke . . . . . . .Fooled you all.

Does this poor unfortunate soul know what he does?
We have absolutely no desire to discuss the beautiful game with a “Leeds fan :)
All my sensibilities feel violated now.

Well Cjay, not sure if this is one of those, 'Leeds fan in peace' posts.

As regards your questions, I'd have thought you could see how well we've done just by looking at the league tables. Enjoyed the first game at your place, thought one of your younger players (Phillips? Sorry can't recall his name) was reckless when it came to challenging for the ball though.

It was a decent game though and hope this week's is as good to watch with a similar result. We've kept our manager, what about you? ;)
Was a good game last time, not as good as the hype as is usually the case.

Was Phillips i think (who is available again after a suspension).

Lets not talk about the manager, not a happy bunny ;)

Although, this time last season he had Barnsley about where you are now, then they sold his captain, best striker and best defender, so its not all gloom and doom.

It feels like a big game for us. We've been toothless of late and took a big knock in confidence against Villa and Wolves.

I feel like we really need to win or we may have a bad run of results. I feel the confidence has gone and the players need to feel that they can win games again. I don't think either club will get in the play-off and I doubt there will be 22 players on the pitch by the end of the game. I wouldn't be surprised by a 0-0 bore draw.
Thats about right imo.

we arent getting to the playoffs, you may but id be surprised now.

Both teams lacking confidence, we seem to be trying to set a new red card record, 0-0 with 8 men each left at the end :cool:

We were fantastic last season, played a bit like Barcelona and we so much better than the opposition it was untrue.
Best football I’ve seen watching United for 40 years and one of my most enjoyable seasons ever.

This season I knew we’d finish comfortable mid table,at least.-Mid table is about where our squad should be imo, no more.
Opposition teams under estimated us and thought their (supposed superior team) simply had to perform and they’d win. Probably a fair assumption
Gradually teams have realised we’re a really good team and teams need to think defensively against us,
then rely on the occasional counter attack.

We lost our main player (Paul Coutts) with a broken leg and since then although we’ve played quite well we’ve struggled to pick up points. Didnt expect Coutts being injured to have as much of an impact as it has, clearly a more important player then i realised

It’s weird our recent bad run might be down to Wilders naive positivity.
We consistently create more chances than the opposition and always push forward to score.
However opposition teams have defended in numbers which we’ve struggled to break down
And the number of long range world class shots we’re conceded is getting beyond a joke.
As you say, perhaps a bit of naivety on his part.
The stats show we have the most underworked goalie in the league. Least shots on target at our goal than any other team in this league. Sounds good doesn’t it? but we’ve still conceded a fair amount of goals.
Sounds like we must have weak goalies but many of the goals concede haven’t really been anyone’s fault.
Certainly a strange one

We’ve just bought 4 new players so are hopeful
And as we’ve been playing reasonably well (eve during the poor run) some still believe we realistically could go on a good run
And finishing in the pay-offs is still realistic.
Id be surprised if you got playoffs now tbh, think the top 3 will toddle off by themselves, cant see Fulham or Cardiff dropping many points, and Bristol City been there all season, but you never know, things change quickly.
Saturdays game is a must win game for both teams. I expect the Blades to win 2-1.
Agree, we need it to stop the rot, you need it to avoid losing more ground on the top 6.
Cant see us winning, maybe 1-1 draw if im hopeful.

Soo.

Excellent season so far but could/should be better. Not over yet so we shall see. Can't stand Leeds if I'm being honest and I hope we rip you to absolute bits.

Make sure you claim your free kidney punch on Satdeh. And not the offal alcohol drink in a large bowl type ;)

We'd have comfortably won, pre you changing manager . Now it will be tougher. You lot will see a stadium full of passion, that hates Leeds with all we have. Leeds fans will brick it, just like the team. 2-0 us.

Back
Top Bottom