Leeds Fan :)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was an April Fools joke . . . . . . .Fooled you all.

Ahhh you tinker you, you had us all with that one. We should have known, should have seen it coming, who in there right mind would come up with something as embarrassing as that?

We got our acts together and forced them to change the plan within a day.

Pretty proud tbh.

But yes it was a shit badge.

No matter what we think of Leeds, or anybody's fans turning up on the board to try and soften us up, the above I respect and hope that should anything untoward happen to the Blades in any way we can generate enough feeling in 24 hours or less to get it sorted.

Will post more tomorrow i dont run away and hide;)

Bit busy tiz all.

Well done you, you've handled yourself with respect mate, no silly nonsense, just an expectation that you could come on here and want to talk intelligently. As long as you continue with that attitude you'll be treated well on here.

Here we goo.

Going in to the game my expectations were at rock bottom, a loss was what i expected and thats what happened so hey ho.

In our defence we have plenty of issues, suspensions, injuries etc. Saiz, Ayling, Cooper, Berardi, 3 of those certainly start.

1st half was a bit of a shambles, you were all over us from the first minute. Duffy got away from O'Kane, went past Roofe (far to easily) crossed the ball, O'Kane (who let Duffy go in the 1st place) made a half arsed attempt to clear, ball went up Sharp moved away from our static cbs and bang, lovely strike. Can blame people for what happened before, but the strike was exceptional. And then not long after, a freekick and Sharp got away from Jansson and should have scored again. Then Duffy (who was excellent) linked with Sharp (no defenders near them) and flashed a ball across the box De Bock didnt track the runner, Jansson had no clue who was around him, very nearly another goal. Could have been 3-0. But then all went a bit quiet, until we got a free kick, great cross Pablo and Jansson with a bullet header, for all the world it looked like a goal, but Blackman saved it excellently.

2nd half we started with more intensity, more pressing. Paid off, Alioski chased across the pitch helping Hernandez nick the ball, great cross and Lasogga scored an excellent header (to get enough power and direction from the penalty spot was very impressive). Felt like we would go on to win at this point. There was a real scramble which you managed to clear eventually and we seemed on the front foot. But then Eunan O'Kane decided one assist wasnt enough, clumsy and you got a penalty which Sharp scored. Nice work from Pablo late on almost came to an equaliser, but wasnt to be.

Result
Was fair, saw some Leeds fans say we deserved a draw, dont think so tbh. While we were the better side 2nd half imo, you could and should have been 3-0 up at half time. Taking into account real chances you could argue 4-3 with the Jansson header and Hernandez chance. But cant say we deserved a draw.

Best players
Yours

Billy Sharp- was a nuisance all game, his movement caused problems and it was crucial in his 1st goal which was a great strike.
Mark Duffy-Very intelligent player, your most creative player imo, especially 1st half he caused so many issues.
Ours
Lasogga-Thought he played really well, some great holdup play and worked hard, the header was top class and he was unlucky with a strike from the edge of the box.
Hernandez-Turned it around for us, we looked hopeless till he came on. 33 years old but watching him you can tell he has spent most of his career playing in the top leagues.

Here we goo.

Going in to the game my expectations were at rock bottom, a loss was what i expected and thats what happened so hey ho.

In our defence we have plenty of issues, suspensions, injuries etc. Saiz, Ayling, Cooper, Berardi, 3 of those certainly start.

1st half was a bit of a shambles, you were all over us from the first minute. Duffy got away from O'Kane, went past Roofe (far to easily) crossed the ball, O'Kane (who let Duffy go in the 1st place) made a half arsed attempt to clear, ball went up Sharp moved away from our static cbs and bang, lovely strike. Can blame people for what happened before, but the strike was exceptional. And then not long after, a freekick and Sharp got away from Jansson and should have scored again. Then Duffy (who was excellent) linked with Sharp (no defenders near them) and flashed a ball across the box De Bock didnt track the runner, Jansson had no clue who was around him, very nearly another goal. Could have been 3-0. But then all went a bit quiet, until we got a free kick, great cross Pablo and Jansson with a bullet header, for all the world it looked like a goal, but Blackman saved it excellently.

2nd half we started with more intensity, more pressing. Paid off, Alioski chased across the pitch helping Hernandez nick the ball, great cross and Lasogga scored an excellent header (to get enough power and direction from the penalty spot was very impressive). Felt like we would go on to win at this point. There was a real scramble which you managed to clear eventually and we seemed on the front foot. But then Eunan O'Kane decided one assist wasnt enough, clumsy and you got a penalty which Sharp scored. Nice work from Pablo late on almost came to an equaliser, but wasnt to be.

Result
Was fair, saw some Leeds fans say we deserved a draw, dont think so tbh. While we were the better side 2nd half imo, you could and should have been 3-0 up at half time. Taking into account real chances you could argue 4-3 with the Jansson header and Hernandez chance. But cant say we deserved a draw.

Best players
Yours

Billy Sharp- was a nuisance all game, his movement caused problems and it was crucial in his 1st goal which was a great strike.
Mark Duffy-Very intelligent player, your most creative player imo, especially 1st half he caused so many issues.
Ours
Lasogga-Thought he played really well, some great holdup play and worked hard, the header was top class and he was unlucky with a strike from the edge of the box.
Hernandez-Turned it around for us, we looked hopeless till he came on. 33 years old but watching him you can tell he has spent most of his career playing in the top leagues.
Seems Deadbat has some competition!

Nothing against Cjay...seems like a decent poster and has made some good points in this thread.

That said.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Take that you cheating, diving, whinging bastards. Alioski is a disgrace of a footballer. If he learned to stay on his feet he might be a decent player...as long as he keeps diving constantly and trying to referee the game he will just be a twat of the highest order.
He does have good hair though

Cjay???
CEEEE-JAYYYY!!!!!!???????
I wonder where he is......

Leeds deserved nothing today. Nothing.
Alioski is one of those players you hope to never see again & loved it when he got took off. Prick. Hope his hair falls off!
Theres no need for that :(

Can you quote the relevant law that says touching an opponent is a foul?
I could probably find one that shows catching a player in the box and not making contact with the ball is a foul?
O'Kane went to make the challenge, tried to pull out, didnt, there was contact, now whether or not your guy initiated contact is up for debate, but it was there.

It wasnt a dive, but he made the most of it, which i dont like tbh,but thats part of the game now.

Last edited:
Here we goo.

Result

Best players
Yours

Ours
Here we goo.

Result

Best players
Yours

Ours
Appreciate your views. I think you pulled a fast one with Lasogga - at first glance he looks like the infamously slow-moving Higgopotamus we had playing for us a few years back, and it therefore took me a while to take Lasogga seriously. He has a lot more ability than I imitially assumed when I saw his 'build'.

Appreciate your views. I think you pulled a fast one with Lasogga - at first glance he looks like the infamously slow-moving Higgopotamus we had playing for us a few years back, and it therefore took me a while to take Lasogga seriously. He has a lot more ability than I imitially assumed when I saw his 'build'.
He still has a lot of doubters in the Leeds fan base. Despite only Billy Sharp, Matej Vydra and Lewis Grabban having a better minutes to goal ratio.
14 games 8 goals 3 assists.
He has a lot of technical ability, not the big lumbering elephant that he looks. Just wish he had some pace.
Was a bit disappointed in Leon Clarke, is he in poor form?

He still has a lot of doubters in the Leeds fan base. Despite only Billy Sharp, Matej Vydra and Lewis Grabban having a better minutes to goal ratio.
He has a lot of technical ability, not the big lumbering elephant that he looks. Just wish he had some pace.
Strikers other than Messi, Ronaldo, Kane and a few others tend to score goals in clusters. He couldn't stop scoring for a while, now nothing is going in. The jury is out on whether the goals will start flowing again; I think they will, if he gets the chances, but my track record on forecasts is about as accurate as Alioski's shooting.

Leon probably needs a rest, he's looking tired and is not the in the same form he was earlier in the season. I think Billy will start more than not now, like you say his record is fantastic and if it wasn't for his injury and Wilder giving others a chance he would have at least 15 for the season by now. Play offs all to play for, win 4 or 5 on the bounce and you will still have a shot. Looks like Wolves/Villa for top 2.

His form seems to have dipped a bit since signing a new contract.

Tremendous header from the big bloke, but he's so immobile that you're relying on supporting players getting near to him. When I saw you win at Forest, Saiz and co buzzed around brilliantly and I thought this was a promotion contending team. As it turns out, you appear to be a few quality players short of the mark.

The new manager worked miracles for Barnsley, but this is a different task entirely. Interesting to see what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom