Leeds Fan In Peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wouldn't agree on footballing lesson;):p

It might have been had your lot not scored a belter out of nothing and a couple of blinding saves from the keeper. Second half was much more even and the post saved us from a cruel score line before we got back on top.

Saiz is a quality player but an utter snide. The dives and waved yellows belong somewhere far far from here. And the big lad you have up front needs to pull his flippin’ weight. He’s a proper pudding.

Tell me I was wrong :);)

UTB

You weren't but weren't as right as this guy

1) We are a good team, in the first few games we looked afraid of the opposition but once we settled down the football did the talking.
2) No words can describe what he has done really (given the number of management reputations that were smashed here in preceding years).
3) It's teamwork (making the dreamwork) but obviously a lot of the talk is about Brooks who probably won't even start vs your guys.
4) S'pose it was Cardiff, I thought we made Reading look poor and should've battered them.
5) No this is the Blades and we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 3 times that I can remember instantly without trying.
6) I had l**ds to finish top before the season started but then you sold Wood, expensive, very expensive. Going down; pre season I had Barnsley(not likely) Burton and Bolton.
7) Wait and see it'll be a surprise but if we play as well as we did v Reading first half you'll probably forget it's a competitive match and just admire the beauty of it all.
8) If you play to your potential you could win but if you don't turn up you'll get shredded.

Leeds midfield looked really strong at times, for me Fleck and Coutts had one of their worst games for a while, credit to Leeds for that. Saiz looked really dangerous, once he'd moved into a central role, but the final ball from everyone was poor. Lasogga's performance was shocking, no movement, no battle and looked a waste of (a lot of) space.

Not the best blades performance in the second half, but we created more than enough to be worthy winners. Entertaining game, just a shame the ref had to be so involved.

Watched it on TV, but truth be told (given normal match watching stress) I thought there was only one team in it. Given the one sidedness of the game, anything less than win would have been disappointing.

We were all over em first half and should have strolled it, but then they came back and half way through the 2nd half I wondered whether we'd missed our chance. I didn't think Leeds were too bad once they got going, but seem to be carrying two or three players who don't seem to want to get in the mix.

I thought footballing wise it was one our most disappointing games of the season, we just weren't, well us, but I'll tell you what if they are one of the big favourites we will piss the league, I have watched it in the boozer and pissed as a proverbial, we were the better team, they were poor, we should have won by a bigger margin, what thefuck is happening?

Second half it reminded me of two boxers slugging it out and neither wanting to step back. They sort of cancelled each other out until Brooks came on. They had no idea that this school kid was going to turn the game inside out.

It might have been had your lot not scored a belter out of nothing and a couple of blinding saves from the keeper. Second half was much more even and the post saved us from a cruel score line before we got back on top.

Saiz is a quality player but an utter snide. The dives and waved yellows belong somewhere far far from here. And the big lad you have up front needs to pull his flippin’ weight. He’s a proper pudding.

I hate it, not just him but in general, that winds me up more then diving.

He was awful, but he really was excellent against BCFC, as were all of that team except Anita, who didnt play till late, same team, completely different performance.

No, not really :p

I like him, in fairness to him, he may go down a bit easily at times, but he and Saiz have both been clattered numerous times this season.
I'll be fair to both of them, they are decent players and particularly in the first half I was worried when Alioski got the ball and ran at us. That said, both of them annoyed me with their pleading for the ref to show cards etc etc...no need for that.

I may have missed it further up this thread but...honestly do you think Phillips should have stayed on after his tackle on Baldock? Looked a leg-breaker where I was sat.

No, not really :p

I like him, in fairness to him, he may go down a bit easily at times, but he and Saiz have both been clattered numerous times this season.

And I suppose Saiz's theatrical waving of a card every time there's a tackle? Think it's a hangover from Spanish football's allergy to physical contact. It's shaming and you guys should sort him out and explain that tackling's allowed over here.

And I suppose Saiz's theatrical waving of a card every time there's a tackle? Think it's a hangover from Spanish football's allergy to physical contact. It's shaming and you guys should sort him out and explain that tackling's allowed over here.
he's obviously a talent but i almost felt embarrassed for him. someone needs to take him to one side like Fergie did with Ronaldo

I'll be fair to both of them, they are decent players and particularly in the first half I was worried when Alioski got the ball and ran at us. That said, both of them annoyed me with their pleading for the ref to show cards etc etc...no need for that.

I may have missed it further up this thread but...honestly do you think Phillips should have stayed on after his tackle on Baldock? Looked a leg-breaker where I was sat.
They both were quality early on, during our run, the pair of them looked a class above this division, but Alioski hasnt looked the same since the first international break.
Agreed, i didnt see Alioski doing the waving thing, but i saw Saiz, i marked him down for it on our forum ratings, annoys me so much, your fouled, fair enough.

Oh no he should have been off, dont think i mentioned it on this thread, you have a thread specifically about the tackle i think? i posted there.

It wasnt good, he has done it before, dont think he is a nasty player (Roy Keane), but he gets a bit er, naive, stupid, reckless, thick.

Continental thing i spose, i dont like it one bit, watch La Liga often on Sky Sports, its common there, so i guess as you say, Spanish football.

They both were quality early on, during our run, the pair of them looked a class above this division, but Alioski hasnt looked the same since the first international break.
Agreed, i didnt see Alioski doing the waving thing, but i saw Saiz, i marked him down for it on our forum ratings, annoys me so much, your fouled, fair enough.

Oh no he should have been off, dont think i mentioned it on this thread, you have a thread specifically about the tackle i think? i posted there.

It wasnt good, he has done it before, dont think he is a nasty player (Roy Keane), but he gets a bit er, naive, stupid, reckless, thick.
Fair reply, cheers. Thought I saw Alioski doing it 1st half but I might have got them mixed up.

he's obviously a talent but i almost felt embarrassed for him. someone needs to take him to one side like Fergie did with Ronaldo
He needs to watch it, love the lad, he was the only player who for the whole game looked capable of something, other had there moments, but Saiz was our constant threat. Gets a reputation for that sort of thing, he will start getting less freekicks, even when he should have one.

Continental thing i spose, i dont like it one bit, watch La Liga often on Sky Sports, its common there, so i guess as you say, Spanish football.

Fair response fella. and if a Blade acted like that, or made that Phillips tackle, we'd crucify a player, no matter what the shirt they wore.

Fair reply, cheers. Thought I saw Alioski doing it 1st half but I might have got them mixed up.
He may have, he throws his arms up, like the foreign flair lot tend to do, but cant say i personally saw him do it.

Fair response fella. and if a Blade acted like that, or made that Phillips tackle, we'd crucify a player, no matter what the shirt they wore.
Been mentioned before, Phillips and his stupidity and Saiz and his card waving, unnecessary on both parts.

He needs to watch it, love the lad, he was the only player who for the whole game looked capable of something, other had there moments, but Saiz was our constant threat. Gets a reputation for that sort of thing, he will start getting less freekicks, even when he should have one.
that's exactly it.. personally i hate this kind of stuff. i can't watch the Premiership at times .. it does my head in
he's a great player though and obviously 'gave a shit'.. can't say the same about your centre backs though :D

Been mentioned before, Phillips and his stupidity and Saiz and his card waving, unnecessary on both parts.

Creatively, Saiz can be a class act. He's tricky and has guile, with those qualities he should be an entertainer and possibly part of a team that's doing well. Probably needs to toughen up emotionally, and definitely realise that there's nothing to be gained by acting like an am dram leading lady.

Poor defending on both goals we can say the same on your goal Ebanks-Blake's clearing header went straight to your player who scored.
Should have been 2 or 3 nil by half time .
It was still a 2-1 win at your place .You were lucky,even your goon escaped a blatant red card from that incompetent ref who wouldn't have called a foul if his lino hadn't flagged for it.

that's exactly it.. personally i hate this kind of stuff. i can't watch the Premiership at times .. it does my head in
he's a great player though and obviously 'gave a shit'.. can't say the same about your centre backs though :D
He did, bless his heart, if that strike had gone in off the post he would have deserved it:p
The card waving must stop though:(
Lets not talk about our defence at all:tumbleweed:

Creatively, Saiz can be a class act. He's tricky and has guile, with those qualities he should be an entertainer and possibly part of a team that's doing well. Probably needs to toughen up emotionally, and definitely realise that there's nothing to be gained by acting like an am dram leading lady.
He reminded me of Brooks vs Wednesday (Obvious your whole team was a threat that day) But Brooks stood out, his fearless running and dribbling skills were a constant that day, Saiz was similar. He must learn, he can in fairness not do it, he got a barge and just hopped up to keep the ball in the 2nd half, but he was waving those cards and it was unnecessary. Not as if a refs gonna go"your spot on son, my mistake".

Poor defending on both goals we can say the same on your goal Ebanks-Blake's clearing header went straight to your player who scored.
Should have been 2 or 3 nil by half time .
It was still a 2-1 win at your place .You were lucky,even your goon escaped a blatant red card from that incompetent ref who wouldn't have called a foul if his lino hadn't flagged for it.
I admitted all that :)

He reminded me of Brooks vs Wednesday (Obvious your whole team was a threat that day) But Brooks stood out, his fearless running and dribbling skills were a constant that day, Saiz was similar. He must learn, he can in fairness not do it, he got a barge and just hopped up to keep the ball in the 2nd half, but he was waving those cards and it was unnecessary. Not as if a refs gonna go"your spot on son, my mistake".

Forgot to mention your keeper, star player you have there.

Back
Top Bottom