Leeds Fan In Peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aside from the comedy name, he's the best since Howson and Cook? A Middlesbrough player and someone (I had to google) who's played 6 games for Bournemouth?

As ringing endorsements go....
Howson-A key member of Norwichs promotion winning side, with multiple seasons Premiership experience.
Cook- The 2nd ever person to Captain England at any level to a World Cup win.

Id add Delph into this, think Vieira is better then him at the same age to.

Leeds are a bit of a strange team this year. Seen them a few times on TV and at times, they've been excellent and looked pretty dangerous but other times, they've looked absolutely dire. I think any team could win this game on Friday. My guess would be 2-2.
Thats spot on:D

Hi Cjay hope the answers below help! I like to think I know my stuff...

1)Great start to the season, what's the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
It's all down to the tactics that Nigel Adkins deployed when at the club. That and the fact we signed John Brayford. He's still pulling strings from Burton.

2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
Imagine David Brent but as a football manager. That's him.

3)Your key players this season are?
Jake Wright Jnr. // James Hanson // Jake Eastwood

4)Best team you have played this season, and worst?
Best team we have played Brentford first day. Tore us apart.
Worst team we have played probably Leicester in the Cup.

5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted?
Not at all. We literally have no chance - I wouldn't give us a second thought.

6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks?
Top - Bolton, Norwich, Birmingham
Bottom - Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Cardiff

7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday?
Expect us to completely bypass our CM pairing of Fleck & Coutts (if they start, currently in horrific form) and play the long ball straight up to big Hanson who will hopefully nod it down for us to feed off his scraps. Formation will probably be a nice steady 4-4-2.

8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday?

I don't think we have a chance. I think you should walk into the game expecting an easy 3 points, we aren't half the team we were even when we beat you back in the Worthington Cup when Jags & Ndluvu scored, or even the year after when Steve Kabba got a brace against you. Would kill for a striker like Kabba now.

Best of luck Friday although you won't need it.

Like I said, I know my stuff.
Your clearly very well informed, have you considered writing a book detailing your knowledge?

2)

Out of interest, what are your lot like at defending set pieces? I get the feeling Jack O Connell and his magic hat (as opposed to Pontus) is due a goal and has been threatening one for a while.

Pretty good, now we have dropped The Flapper, although he made a comeback vs Leicester, flapped some more

But yeah Set Pieces we are normally pretty solid, Pontus or Lasogga are given a free role, mark nobody just head the ball, works quite well. .

Hello Blades fans:)

With the game on Friday, thought i would make you my next rival forum to visit.
Then i post the link on our forum, and it gets talked about :D

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
3)Your key players this season are?
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst?
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted?
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks?
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday?
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

You first...

He’s been good. But because Billy has been back, he’s not been starting the last 3 games. Still offers something different in the last 20 minutes from the bench.

I think I may be responsible for Alioski’s recent dip. Saw him tear Sunderland (I think) a new one on TV, stuck him in my fantasy team and he doesn’t seem to have done much since then.

Given what you say about the 3 behind Lasogga, I wonder if we might bring Jake Wright or Richard Stearman in and push Basham into midfield to help us address that threat. It would probably mean sacrificing one of Duffy or Sharp (or both with Brooks paying a role just off Clark like v the pigs). They’ve both been very good combining for our 2nd goal Saturday so he might be reluctant to go that way. Time will tell.

I'm glad somebody has taken responsibility, drop him today please :cool:

It may be that Pablo doesn't start, with you guys saying how key your 3 in midfield are, we may do similar as against BCFC.

Phillips started, it was more a 4-3-3.

1) We've won more than we've lost ...surprised a few teams that didn't think we can play football
2) Burnley's next manager ... he's that good
3) All of them ... the sum is greater than all the parts as we're a cheap bunch of triers batting above average
4) Probably Brentford ... they really took the game to us
5) No
6) Only looking up so ... Us, Wolves & your lot
7) Get ready to be outgunned in almost every department... but not sure how good your lot are ... 1 win in 5 is it?
8) We try to not get too excited but you were stuffed recently by the lesser team in Sheffield so will be expecting to win

Pretty good, now we have dropped The Flapper, although he made a comeback vs Leicester, flapped some more

But yeah Set Pieces we are normally pretty solid, Pontus or Lasogga are given a free role, mark nobody just head the ball, works quite well. .

That's a shame. We'll have to rely on some Fleck/Coutts/Duffy/Brooks magic to open you up instead.

I also believe the Latin motto says
‘delusions of grandeur based on a brief spell of success 40 years ago’. Those Romans could pack a lot into a few words.

It's 'DELUDUS MASTABUS BREMNIUM ET LORIMAR'

The full charter citation is:

"LEDES UNITUM EST MAXIME FUCKING ODIOSIS FASCICULUM NOTHI MADELEY ET IRISH BASTARDIUM GILES IN MUNDO. QUI OPINANTUR SHITHEADED ERRANTES MASTABASTUS BELIVED GRAVITER LAUGHABLE PRICK NOM SPRAKE FERO SUB EXIGUO AMET MONKEY FACED DAVID HARVEY BLANDIT DON FUCKING REVIE ANTE IMPERIUM POPULI MEMINI. PUTO AUTEM VICIT CALICEM IN FA, QUOD ALIQUANDO BENE. CUNTES."

pommpey

Yer midfield and keeper looked good.
Defence/up front...meh...
Yeah.
Dont want to post to much now because if i start ranting may be here till tomorrow. That wasnt even vaguely similar to Bristol game, thats the most frustrating bit.

Deserved nothing to complain about (the result anyway)

1)We are good.
2) He’s good.
3) bout 15 of em.
4) Won’t matter. We are steam rollering all comers. Your next.
5)Yes. Some time ago. La Liga ain’t all that.
6)top 3 : us and 2 others. Bottom 3 : who cares.
7) You will be taught a footballing lesson rarely seen at Bell end road.
8) You will get beat.

UTB
Tell me I was wrong :);)

UTB

Yeah.
Dont want to post to much now because if i start ranting may be here till tomorrow. That wasnt even vaguely similar to Bristol game, thats the most frustrating bit.

Deserved nothing to complain about (the result anyway)

That's because we didn't let you play as well as you did at Bristol. Sometimes the opposition just play better.

Leeds midfield looked really strong at times, for me Fleck and Coutts had one of their worst games for a while, credit to Leeds for that. Saiz looked really dangerous, once he'd moved into a central role, but the final ball from everyone was poor. Lasogga's performance was shocking, no movement, no battle and looked a waste of (a lot of) space.

Not the best blades performance in the second half, but we created more than enough to be worthy winners. Entertaining game, just a shame the ref had to be so involved.

Frustrated like the weekend v Reading won both games 2-1 when the gulf was far bigger . Leeds keeper kept the score down ,On another day could have been 5 like it should have been v Reading .
Got to up our conversion rate and put games to bed

Back
Top Bottom