Leeds Fan In Peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello Blades fans:)

With the game on Friday, thought i would make you my next rival forum to visit.
Then i post the link on our forum, and it gets talked about :D

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about. I think its a mixture of confidence, hardwork and a bit of luck.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club? He is a legend as far as i can see. GIves his all, is honest as the day i long and really gets the best out of the players.
3)Your key players this season are? Billy Sharp, Jon Fleck, David Brookes.
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst? Best, prob Cardiff so far, worst, prob Barnsley.
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted? Too early to say really but im v pleased so far.
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks? Assume you mean league position at the end of the season? Top 3, Prob Wolves, Cardiff and us with some luck! bottom 3, Burton, Barnsley and Wednesday with some luck!
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday? Top secret!
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday? i would take a draw, it will be tough. But who knows with Wilder, our belief is immense.

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
3)Your key players this season are?
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst?
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted?
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks?
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday?
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday?

1. Chris Wilder
2. Mercurial. Made average, underperforming players into players playing at or above their believed ability. And he's made Unitedites happy
3. All of them.
4. I'll leave that to the watchers. Certainly Wednesday were surprisingly easy to beat.
5. No.
6. Wolves. Cardiff. Sheffield United by the playoffs, with Leeds, Preston and hopefully the pigs in the final to make a triple thrashing of the cunts, at Wembley, to bury all ghosts for good. I'll settle for the dirties beating them by a solitary goal in extra time, though. Or pens, again. Oh, yeah.
7. You have some good players, Sais (or whatever his name is) is the key outlet. I'd like one of ours to stand on the little fucker and put him in the second set of seats in the opening quarter of an hour. It won't be a boring game. One sending off (hopefully yours) and a penalty.
8. I hope we come away with all the points. Never have much love for the dirties. It's Revie's fault and your propensity to buy our players with your billy-big-bollocks spending. And you gave us Jones. Cheers for that. Bobby Davidson was helpful though.

pommpey

Agreed, this it will be very open, fast and exciting, may come down to just 1 goal.

Saiz has been superb, we all get over excited when a new player has a good debut, but theres always the worry it wont last. But he has been the best player for us all season, getting the ball off him is so difficult his retention is one of the best ive seen.

Pontus Jansson-Off form a bit but at his best he is a one man defence, if he is on form Friday you will do well to beat Pontus.

Ronaldo Vieira- He is a star in the making, best academy product we have produced recently for me, including Howson, Cook etc. Strong as an ox, tenacious, wont give your midfield a seconds peace.

Pablo Hernandez- Bit hit and miss, but on his day a class above most in this division, very creative and influential.

Lasogga- already mentioned elsewhere, looks a class act.

Gianni Alioski- My personal favourite, big fan, works his butt off tracking back, quick, skilful and able to create and score. Similar to Pablo this season, hit and miss, early on this season was brilliant, faded a bit but seemed to be back to his best vs BCFC.

For me its our 3 behind Lasogga, they are devastating, swap positions and play some lovely stuff between them, Ali, Saiz, Pablo. Get a grip on them then you will have a good chance, but leave them space and they can tear teams apart.

How has the lad who tore apart Wednesday done since? He and Clarke were superb that day.

Lots of home grown talent in that list!

1. Great team work ethic plus momentum,getting on the front foot..we always turn up.
2. Best Manager since the John Harris days...enough said.
3. Coutts and Fleck,but hard to single anyone out.
4. Brentford looked decent,Barnsley were poor
5. Not seen anyone to fear,so who knows..We just take it one game at a time.
6.i'll go Wolves,Villa and maybe us.
Burton,Bolton and Barnsley
7. Well we won't come for a point.
8. 3-0 Blades

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about. I think its a mixture of confidence, hardwork and a bit of luck.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club? He is a legend as far as i can see. GIves his all, is honest as the day i long and really gets the best out of the players.
3)Your key players this season are? Billy Sharp, Jon Fleck, David Brookes.
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst? Best, prob Cardiff so far, worst, prob Barnsley.
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted? Too early to say really but im v pleased so far.
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks? Assume you mean league position at the end of the season? Top 3, Prob Wolves, Cardiff and us with some luck! bottom 3, Burton, Barnsley and Wednesday with some luck!
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday? Top secret!
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday? i would take a draw, it will be tough. But who knows with Wilder, our belief is immense.
So you think "Brookes" is more key than Coutts?

Ronaldo Vieira- He is a star in the making, best academy product we have produced recently for me, including Howson, Cook etc.

Aside from the comedy name, he's the best since Howson and Cook? A Middlesbrough player and someone (I had to google) who's played 6 games for Bournemouth?

As ringing endorsements go....

We are not what we once were...beware calling the Blades over performing journeymen though...these are good players playing for the badge, each other and the fans.

Lord Wilder has unleashed their inner powers and they will give everything until the final whistle

Agreed, this it will be very open, fast and exciting, may come down to just 1 goal.

Saiz has been superb, we all get over excited when a new player has a good debut, but theres always the worry it wont last. But he has been the best player for us all season, getting the ball off him is so difficult his retention is one of the best ive seen.

Pontus Jansson-Off form a bit but at his best he is a one man defence, if he is on form Friday you will do well to beat Pontus.

Ronaldo Vieira- He is a star in the making, best academy product we have produced recently for me, including Howson, Cook etc. Strong as an ox, tenacious, wont give your midfield a seconds peace.

Pablo Hernandez- Bit hit and miss, but on his day a class above most in this division, very creative and influential.

Gianni Alioski- My personal favourite, big fan, works his butt off tracking back, quick, skilful and able to create and score. Similar to Pablo this season, hit and miss, early on this season was brilliant, faded a bit but seemed to be back to his best vs BCFC.

For me its our 3 behind Lasogga, they are devastating, swap positions and play some lovely stuff between them, Ali, Saiz, Pablo. Get a grip on them then you will have a good chance, but leave them space and they can tear teams apart.

How has the lad who tore apart Wednesday done since? He and Clarke were superb that day.
Yeah,a Leeds pal has been raving about Saiz whenever I bump into him.
The lad up front looks decent..Lasogga.
Sounds like you've found a good young player in Vieira..Lee Johnson singled him out,said he ran the show on Saturday.

Lasogga had his best game against Bristol, he was sensational, big lad, but more a Mark Viduka then a Gary Madine battering ram (couldnt think of another battering ram forward). Technically, his control and link up play is very good, not the quickest but he is able to beat a man and make his own chances. Was very impressed with Leon Clarke (surprisingly), remember him from his Coventry days, good target man, but he was more mobile then i expected, and that young lad (name escapes me) very impressive, lovely dribbling skills.Looking forward to this game, you attacked Wednesday away, and that was unexpected as the away side, so im expecting similar, pressing, energy, organisation etc, should be a good match. Heart says 3-1 Leeds, thats on the assumption we score first, we dont concede many when we score first, 4 in 7 with 20 scored. Head says 2-2 as you say might be right, which in the grand scheme isnt a bad result given your form and our blip up until the BCFC game.
Why has Teacher gin thi a big black marker pen to write wi?

Whichever team wins on Friday will have "Won", contrary to Leeds speak this is not the word that should be used to describe the first prime number.

So you think "Brookes" is more key than Coutts?

Potentially yes. Brookes has the potential to help us beat anyone. Coutts is excellent as well dont get me wrong.

I just think if Brookes is as good as he could be, he could really make a massive difference in terms of creating and scoring goals.

I also believe the Latin motto says
‘delusions of grandeur based on a brief spell of success 40 years ago’. Those Romans could pack a lot into a few words.

Means For The King and The Law.

Memory must be going as I don’t remember Denis playing for them. I remember King TC there though.

Hi Cjay hope the answers below help! I like to think I know my stuff...

1)Great start to the season, what's the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
It's all down to the tactics that Nigel Adkins deployed when at the club. That and the fact we signed John Brayford. He's still pulling strings from Burton.

2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
Imagine David Brent but as a football manager. That's him.

Jake Wright Jnr. // James Hanson // Jake Eastwood

Best team we have played Brentford first day. Tore us apart.
Worst team we have played probably Leicester in the Cup.

Not at all. We literally have no chance - I wouldn't give us a second thought.

Top - Bolton, Norwich, Birmingham
Bottom - Sheffield Wednesday, Wolves, Cardiff

Expect us to completely bypass our CM pairing of Fleck & Coutts (if they start, currently in horrific form) and play the long ball straight up to big Hanson who will hopefully nod it down for us to feed off his scraps. Formation will probably be a nice steady 4-4-2.

I don't think we have a chance. I think you should walk into the game expecting an easy 3 points, we aren't half the team we were even when we beat you back in the Worthington Cup when Jags & Ndluvu scored, or even the year after when Steve Kabba got a brace against you. Would kill for a striker like Kabba now.

Best of luck Friday although you won't need it.

Like I said, I know my stuff.

Hello Blades fans:)

With the game on Friday, thought i would make you my next rival forum to visit.
Then i post the link on our forum, and it gets talked about :D

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
1. Because we've won more than you and pigs
2. A worthless beer swilling pub team manager who's got lucky, keep your hands off unless Blackader wants his job back.
3. Hussy and Long
4. Stoke and pigs
5. It's in the bag
6. Bests, I thought my photos at Wembley vs Hull were good, worst my wedding photos
7. Usual. Hoof it long and break legs
8. For about 90 mins plus added time

Id agree on that, if you play like you did against Wednesday and we play the same then i'm fearful. I think the first goal is crucial, if you get it, you win, if we get it, then i think we will win. The reason for that is stats, 7 games, 7 wins, 20 goals, 4 conceded, when we score first, but when we dont score first, we lose, every time this season.

That’s been pretty much the same for us. Only one game this season where the team that scored first hasn’t won and that was Forest away. We lost 2-1 after scoring in the first few minutes. Every other game, we score first and win or concede first and lose. I just feel like this is a game where whichever side is behind will be hammering on the door to get level and I could see one team finding a late equalizer.

Lasogga had his best game against Bristol, he was sensational, big lad, but more a Mark Viduka then a Gary Madine battering ram (couldnt think of another battering ram forward). Technically, his control and link up play is very good, not the quickest but he is able to beat a man and make his own chances. Was very impressed with Leon Clarke (surprisingly), remember him from his Coventry days, good target man, but he was more mobile then i expected, and that young lad (name escapes me) very impressive, lovely dribbling skills.Looking forward to this game, you attacked Wednesday away, and that was unexpected as the away side, so im expecting similar, pressing, energy, organisation etc, should be a good match. Heart says 3-1 Leeds, thats on the assumption we score first, we dont concede many when we score first, 4 in 7 with 20 scored. Head says 2-2 as you say might be right, which in the grand scheme isnt a bad result given your form and our blip up until the BCFC game.

2)

Is that Micky Adams? Spent work experience at Coventry Fc when he was manager, really nice man, anyways back to the questionupload_2017-10-26_12-24-40.png. Was very impressed with your attacking play against Wednesday ( i keep harking back to that because it was one of the games i remember well that you played). I hadn't heard of him, don't mind admitting that, no clue who he was, knew quite a few of your players, but the manager was a mystery, and im impressed by his style of football.

Yep. Mickey Adams. Appointed in 2010/11 season as Gary Speed’s replacement. A blade who was desperate to succeed but couldn’t buy a win for about his first 15 games in charge. Relegation followed. Wilder’s first 4 games had a similar feeling but then a remarkable turnaround followed (with the birth of the 352 system we play now) and we’ve never looked back.

Was going to say, it seemed to me you dominated the midfield when i saw you play, dont know who was in yours, but if it was those 3 they work so hard, no time for the opposition to settle, which seems to set a standard for the rest of the team to follow. I like Billy Sharp, little goal machine, didnt quite work out at Leeds, but at this level there isnt many better.

Yeah Billy is always good for a decent goal return if you give him a run in the side. Leon’s been playing very well up front of late too meaning our young sensation David Brooks has had to make do with a place on the bench despite a couple of MoM displays when he was in the team. Not a bad position to be in at all really.

4)

Its a cliche, but it does seem anyone can beat anyone in this league, you lost to Forest at there place, we battered them, 2-0 wasn't a fair reflection, should have been 6-0. But then, you beat Sheffield Weds 4-2 and played really well, then they beat us 3-0, and they played really well. Cardiff were the best team we played also, there wasn't any real positives for us, they deserved to win, most games we have lost we have had spells where we should have scored, but against Cardiff there wasn't really any. Bolton were horrible, dirty, time wasting, hoof team, but effective, its very difficult to predict scores in this league, which is probably makes it so exciting.

Sounds very similar to our experience of Cardiff. The only game this season where I think we have to hold our hands up and say we were well beaten. The others, we felt we could and arguably should have had something out of the game.

No harm in being positive, said before on i think it was the BCFC forum, its getting to a stage where "momentum" isnt a reason anymore for a teams good start, like they have had. Its starting to become the time where we all have to admit all the teams in and around the top 6 deserve it, they are good sides.Whether they can maintain it is another thing, but all the teams up there now deserve to be imo.

Indeed. The teams up there are there on merit. However, you have to wonder whether the older players like Sharp, Clarke, Duffy etc. can keep it up for the whole season, whether we can cope with a pile up of injuries, whether stars like Brooks could be sold in January etc.

Lots to contemplate but the confidence bred by Wilder and Knill at the moment is incredible and whilst promotion isn’t to be expected, it’s starting to feel like something we can hope for.

Pretty fair, although im worried for Sunderland, only because of Simon Grayson, they just seem to be on a slide. Boro are seeing what we saw last season, Monk is very organised and disciplined, but he isnt great at tactical switches, if things arent working, he doesnt know how to fix it.

Yeah Sunderland look to be in trouble. But I think Grayson is a safe pair of hands and Grabban gives them a bit of firepower. I think he’ll keep them up (if they stick with him). They need to sort their home form though.

That should be interesting, cant even fathom how that works, but if it does (which it must), thts very impressive discipline from the players and coaching from the coaches.

It can be great to watch. If we can win the midfield battle which we’ve done in all but probably 1.5 games (Cardiff and half of the Boro game) then it’s brilliant. The movement from the wing backs mean that our 3 excellent midfielders have options around them at all times and Coutts is probably the best (the stats say so anyway) passer of the ball in the league (Think Aaron Mooy of Huddersfield). It does mean we get caught out at the back from time to time and from what I’ve seen of Phillips, Alioski, Saiss and Lasogga, I’m sure both sides will cause each other problems.

8)

Out of interest, what are your lot like at defending set pieces? I get the feeling Jack O Connell and his magic hat (as opposed to Pontus) is due a goal and has been threatening one for a while.

He’s been good. But because Billy has been back, he’s not been starting the last 3 games. Still offers something different in the last 20 minutes from the bench.

I think I may be responsible for Alioski’s recent dip. Saw him tear Sunderland (I think) a new one on TV, stuck him in my fantasy team and he doesn’t seem to have done much since then.

Given what you say about the 3 behind Lasogga, I wonder if we might bring Jake Wright or Richard Stearman in and push Basham into midfield to help us address that threat. It would probably mean sacrificing one of Duffy or Sharp (or both with Brooks paying a role just off Clark like v the pigs). They’ve both been very good combining for our 2nd goal Saturday so he might be reluctant to go that way. Time will tell.

Finding some quality players who were perhaps below their mantle and needed to be playing the right tactics, the right passing game and at the right high tempo under a brilliant coaching team with passionate fans pushing them along. Oh, that and plenty of talent and "pashun".

Down to earth, sensible, genius. Turned the club around and saved it from a spiralling demise where the players, board and fans were getting further and further apart. He gave us our club back.

Coutts, Fleck, O'Connell, Sharp, Brooks, Clarke, Baldock/Freeman, Stevens, Duffy and the real unsung hero Jake Wright who has only lost once in a Blades shirt.

Haven't seen every game but have seen most either live or on iFollow and would say best = Cardiff first half, worst = Norwich - cheating, time wasting, hoof ball, park the bus arseholes. In terms of inability to cope with our approach, I'd say Wednesday were technically the worst.

Starting is the key word. Still waiting for the bubble to burst but for now it just seems to be inflating every week. Bearing in mind we've only spent about £500k and have money available from the sell on of Walker and Maguire not to mention increased revenues from TV etc, who knows what might happen 2nd half of the season.

Excluding us, I'm going with Wolves, Cardiff and a late surge from Boro (they were in my pre-season acc for promoted teams from each division). Bottom 3 Bolton, Burton, Birmingham.

Wing backs pushing high, three centre backs, two up top, quick, short passing, crosses, long ball only when there's no other option or if you're pegging us back. One thing is guaranteed and that is we'll be better than you expect - as almost every team has discovered so far.

It's going to be close, hopefully 1-0 Blades, or a high scoring draw like 2-2. Definitely not 0-0, or 1-1. The only 2 things we haven't been able to adequately cope with so far this season were 1) Norwich's bus parking - we just couldn't break them down and 2) Cardiff's pace in getting in behind our CBs taking advantage of the wing backs pushing on and leaving space behind.

The Norwich one was a bit strange though as we had 5 strikers missing (Sharp, Clarke, Donaldson, Lavery and Hanson). Evans played at 50-60% fitness alongside Brooks who had never started a game at that point. We were still on top but just didn’t have that cutting edge to score which was understandable in the circumstances especially given that we only played about an hour due to their disgusting, timewasting, cheating scumbag tactics.

A: Insecurity and arrogance IMHO from other fans and managers. Obviously momentum plays a part but this is the best Blades side I’ve ever seen. And most on here agree.

A: God as a Blade. He united the fans and players again.

A: Paul Coutts, David Brooks, Mark Duffy, John Fleck. But you could argue this side has no ‘key’ players, they truly are a team.

A: Best... Middlesbrough Worst... Bolton

A: Yes. A finish outside the top 6 doesn’t look likely and you would fancy Wilder in the play offs. Although a push for automatics cannot be ruled out either.

1. Wolves
2. Sheff Utd
3. Norwich City

22. Birmingham City
23. Burton Albion
24. Bolton

A: 5 attack and 5 defend, fast paced counter attacking and effective use of wing backs. Most managers try to match our system to no avail.

A: Hard to see any team causing us any real problems at the moment, we are going from strength to strength. Result: Leeds 1 Sheff Utd 3

Back
Top Bottom