Leeds Fan In Peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1: Amazing positivity and confidence (some call it momentum) playing the best football I’ve seen us play in decades, on another planet to style used by Bassett and Warnock, everyone knows their job down to perfection because we play similar tactics and formation every match using the same players.

2: Relentless, treats every match like a cup final, always respects the opposition but always positive going for the win.
Tends to focus more on our strengths instead of worrying about negating the opposition.

3: The secret to SU is we have 11 key players (there are no stand out stars, however if I had to mention 1 player to watch, it’s Mark Duffy), everyone is comfortable on the ball and good at quick passing. Also they work so hard giving 100% and really play as a TEAM.

4: Best footballing side, Brentford by a distance but it was our first match. Most teams have been poor. Worse side Barnsley (they never had a single shot on target) followed by Reading (didnt have a shot until the 75th minute).
Everyone raves about Wolves but when we recently beat them they were also poor and given a bit of a footballing lesson (although they did go down to 10 men).

5: Based on performances then “yes”, we consistently look a really good side and we consistently dominate games.

6: Top 3, we’ve been clearly the best team in our last 10 matches, so us.
Wolves look like they’ll take some stopping and either Villa or Boro.
Bottom 3: Bolton definitely and 2 others, probably Barnsley.

7: Our tactics and style are are no secret it’s the same every match.
We play 3 solid centre backs, 2 tricky attacking full backs, 3 midfielders who can pass for fun and 2 strikers.
It’s not like the old Bassett/ Warnock teams because we can keep good possession playing a fast one touch passing game, also our movement off the ball is excellent. However when out of possession we work really hard, pressing up the pitch to win it back.

8: The game depends on Leeds, who seem to be either really good or really poor.
We are the much more consistent team and always play well and work hard.
If Leeds play their best then it should be a home win. If Leeds put in an average performance then it should be an away win.
We’ve not drawn for 20 matches, so i’ll go for a 1-1 draw, can gaurantee we’ll attack and be entertaining.

Last edited:

1) the players we have work as a team
2) sometimes he wears glasses and sometimes he doesn't. Best manager since Nigel Adkins.
3) as mentioned this isn't relevant it works because they are a team
4) I haven't seen all but from what I have then best would be Cardiff. Hard to say who is worst it's just whether they can cope with our style of play or not.
5) no, not yet.
6) Cardiff, Wolves and ? top 3. I don't have an opinion on bottom 3.
7) we don't change tactics, we play our game - so as you watched us in the derby you know how we'll play.

1:

6: Top 3, we’ve been clearly the best team in our last 10 matches, so us.
Wolves look like they’ll take some stopping and either Villa or Boro.
Bottom 3: Bolton definitely and 2 others, probably Barnsley..

Re-read my comments.
When giving honest feedback, it makes us sound like arrogant disrespectful idiots (similar to Wednesday fans).

Tried to amend my earlier comments but got timed out.

Wanted to say that based on the last 10 games then we must have a realistic chance of promotion.
HOWEVER Blades have a history of glorious defeat or being unlucky at the worse time.
So deep down some of us older ones are fearful about getting carried away.
Just being involved in the promotion battle watching entertaining football is fantastic, thank you Mr Wilder.

Last edited:
1)We are good.
2) He’s good.
3) bout 15 of em.
4) Won’t matter. We are steam rollering all comers. Your next.
5)Yes. Some time ago. La Liga ain’t all that.
6)top 3 : us and 2 others. Bottom 3 : who cares.
7) You will be taught a footballing lesson rarely seen at Bell end road.
8) You will get beat.

UTB

The fact that SWFC turned you over, after we demolished them, (and could have scored more than four), and the fact that Reading beat you on your own patch (when we walked all over them), should tell you that you need to be on top form to take us on.

They say that any team can beat any other team in the Championship, on any given day, so I guess anything can happen.

Cardiff were probably the best team we faced, but if we played them again tomorrow we would win. Brentford played some nice football, as did 'Boro. SWFC were the worst, and not just saying that because they are unclean, but they literally fell apart when our third went in. Shell shocked, along with their deluded fans. Bolton put up more of a fight than SWFC.

Top 3 - as things stand, will include us. We are closing in on top spot, which would be an incredible achievement, no matter where we end up.

Bottom 3 - don't care, unless one of them is SWFC, which would be hilarious, but think Bolton will struggle to get out of it, unless they get their act together. Sunderland on a slippy slope, Burton maybe getting found out as well.

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
3)Your key players this season are?
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst?
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted?
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks?
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday?
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday?

1) It's all momentum, nowt else
2) Speccy 4-eyes; almost dropped the trophy we luckily won last season, has basically ruined the club
3) Dean Hammond, Connor Sammon
4) Coach & Horses;
Pigfarm Tavern
5) We've got no chance
6) You, pigs, Barnsley;
Us, Bolton, Nigel Clough's mob
7) We don't do tactics, it's just hit & hope
8) You'll out-rugby us

Hello Blades fans:)

With the game on Friday, thought i would make you my next rival forum to visit.
Then i post the link on our forum, and it gets talked about :D

2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

See the answer below to number 2.

Bladey but also brilliant. Adams was bladey but failed miserably. Wilder said when he came to the club that he had deep roots here but wasn’t why he was appointed. He was appointed because he was bloody good at what he does. And so it proved. His players play as a team and would run through brick walls for him. And with Alan Knill on board too, we are tactically astute, play some wonderful set piece routines and play with tremendous freedom and attacking intent.

The beauty of our team is that it isn’t reliant on one or two match-winners. Nearly every player has missed a game or two this season and we’ve coped. But if I had to choose, I would say our holy trinity in midfield are the most important (Coutts, Fleck and Duffy). They have dominated games whenever they’ve all played. But we have “teams within a team” all over the pitch. The back 3, the wing backs, the front 2. They’re all vital cogs in the wheel and as I say, it doesn’t tend to come down to one or two players. We beat Ipswich without Coutts. We beat the pigs without top scorer Billy Sharp etc.

I honestly think this division is one of such small margins. All games have been challenging to some degree and you can see elements of quality in all of our opponents. I’d say Derby and Wednesday didn’t do themselves justice against us. They both have decent players but they weren’t at it and we were and such we beat both comfortably. Wolves are top but had a man sent off early allowing us to easily play them off the park. Forest quite the opposite. They haven’t been great throughout the season but they fought hard, and played some good stuff and just edged us out. Norwich were efficient and streetwise. Horrible, cheating, timewasting team but they got the job done. Borough were strong and athletic. I think the best performance against us (the only game where you could argue we were out-played) was Cardiff at their place. I think the lowest quality teams I’ve seen were Barnsley and Reading. I didn’t go to Bolton but they are rubbish and will go back down. Just a hit and hope team and the exception to the tight margins I referred to.

Nothing feels impossible with this management team in place. But there has to be some realism. We’re probably about 18th or so in terms of budget. A top half finish would be a very good season. But looking at how we’re playing, top 6 at least is looking more and more like a possibility.

Top 3.

Cardiff

Wolves

Villa

Think Leeds, Blades, Bristol could make up the remainder of the top 6. If Boro get their act together, they should be able to challenge too.

Bottom 3

Barnsley

Burton

Bolton

352 but not in the conventional sense. It’s very fluid. Our wing backs become forwards, our centre halves become wingers. IF we can get on top in a game, we are great to watch.

2 teams that I think have a good chance of top 6 and each probably has a slim chance at top 2 based on how we’ve each started the season. 2 teams with good attacking styles. It’s all set up for a great game. I think Lassoga will score for you. He looks a real handful and we are occasionally a bit vulnerable on crosses. But I always think we’re capable of getting goals so it’s a score draw for me. Maybe 2-2 for our first draw of the season. The other thing is, we don’t play for draws and I don’t think you do either. As such, I can see it being a draw by virtue of a late equalizer rather than one side taking what they have.

Cjay mate. If you were asking these questions of the pigs, you would just get a stream of arrogant shite, because our team, style of play and manager are absolutely fantastic at the moment and tbh we are living the dream. Pigs can’t help showing off about themselves and their side, no matter how good, bad or indifferent they are.

But you are asking Blades, so you’ll get modesty, self deprecation, humour and passion.

Watch out Friday. If we play to form it will be a thing of beauty. But if for some reason we have an off one - we may just let you have a point or three.

Welcome to the forum, I'm far from Leeds' biggest fan, but I'll happily share my thoughts, largely because I still pine for 606 and the interactions you could have with opposing fans.
Thanks for the welcome, its the main reason i do these threads, i enjoy the banter side, and nice to share opinions.
1) We play attacking football and look to win every single game, our players play with confidence, are extremely organized and know each others game inside out. There is some nice intricate play but will out work you, we out work every one!
Was impressed with the work rate against Wednesday, the closing down did surprised me, and the football was pleasant to watch, we had played Bolton already, they were route one so thats kind of what i was expecting.

2) Chris Wilder, has quickly established himself as a legend. He manages the club he loves and the fans love him. He makes sure every player is desperate to be playing for us and appreciate what an honor it is, the passion is back, but the football is good too.
You can see in interviews his genuine passion (theres that words again) for the club, it was clear to see.

3) Our key players are pretty much our entire team, success is achieved as a unit as opposed to relying upon key individuals, the midfield 3 of Coutts, Fleck and Duffy have been very impressive though
Thought your midfield dominated against Wednesday, that was key, know a bit about Fleck from his time at Coventry, very well thought of there.

4)Best team would have to be Cardiff, although we were still doubting our own ability at that stage. The worst would probably be Wednesday, beat them very comfortably should have scored more than 4!
Ironic that every time i have been asked the same question i have given the same answers, despite us losing to both, just not impressed by Wednesday any time i've seen them, apart from against us.

5)No, I’d still be happy with mid table.
Very honest of you, think most newly promoted clubs would take mid table in there first season, anything more is a bonus. Does it not concern you however, if it does go a bit wrong and you finish like us last season, 7th, 8th etc, outside the playoffs, then maybe Wilder will be tempted away?

6)Top 3 Wolves, Villa and late push by Boro. Bottom 3 Bolton, Bolton and Bolton ?
Burton . . . . .I think id agree on maybe the Wolves one, if they can keep it up, but Boro no, not impressed by them, team of individuals.

7) We will play to win and be very fluid in terms of our shape, we will switch to 5 at the back when needed, but don’t be surprised to see both wing backs and a centre half attacking too. Think Tottenham, but slower (and obviously not as good). Expect goals at both ends, we rarely keep clean sheets away from home, just try to out-score them.
Noticed that, when your out of possession you become a back 5, then try to break with pace, we do similar, we actually suit teams who come on to us, because our attacking play is, when its on form, very fast and hard to stop.

8) Depends which Leeds team turn up, hopefully the one that played against Wednesday. But I think we might see our first draw of the season two each.
Id agree on that, if you play like you did against Wednesday and we play the same then i'm fearful. I think the first goal is crucial, if you get it, you win, if we get it, then i think we will win. The reason for that is stats, 7 games, 7 wins, 20 goals, 4 conceded, when we score first, but when we dont score first, we lose, every time this season.

Cjay mate. If you were asking these questions of the pigs, you would just get a stream of arrogant shite, because our team, style of play and manager are absolutely fantastic at the moment and tbh we are living the dream. Pigs can’t help showing off about themselves and their side, no matter how good, bad or indifferent they are.

But you are asking Blades, so you’ll get modesty, self deprecation, humour and passion.

Watch out Friday. If we play to form it will be a thing of beauty. But if for some reason we have an off one - we may just let you have a point or three.
I've actually been on the Wednesday forum, they were my first, i didnt ask questions as such, because it was my first try and wasn't sure what would work. They were ok on the whole to be fair to them, like any forum you get the occasional smartarse, but thats expected.

What was a bit odd, for the first 20 minutes we battered them, should have been 2-0 up, they said that themselves, following there match thread, feared a battering. But after the match it was as if the first 20 minutes didn't happen, some of them recognised that it did, but a lot didn't, and it was a walkover and all was fine with the world.

I do read there forum often, its enjoyable, and wont moan about them, as you guys are entitled to do, i understand that, but it is a very split forum, one day its disaster, League 1 here we come, next its Promotion here we come, CC and DC are wonderful etc.

You guys have been fine, expect the odd bit of banter and whatever, be a bit weird if it was to nice :D
But very honest and open, which is good to see.

On Friday, if we both play at our best then it could be a great game, open, fast, attacking football, with goals and drama, be nice to see two teams playing as well as they can for a change, rather then one being there best and the other being poo.

Id agree on that, if you play like you did against Wednesday and we play the same then i'm fearful. I think the first goal is crucial, if you get it, you win, if we get it, then i think we will win. The reason for that is stats, 7 games, 7 wins, 20 goals, 4 conceded, when we score first, but when we dont score first, we lose, every time this season.
So when we go 1-0 up, the Ref can blow the whistle for full time and we can all get on the Friday night lash? That sounds like a good shout! ;)

This will tell you what we - and any self-respecting football fan - thinks of dirty Leeds. Leeds have left an indelible stain (skid mark) on our game for 50 years. This will not be forgotten.

See the answer below to number 2.

Bladey but also brilliant. Adams was bladey but failed miserably. Wilder said when he came to the club that he had deep roots here but wasn’t why he was appointed. He was appointed because he was bloody good at what he does. And so it proved. His players play as a team and would run through brick walls for him. And with Alan Knill on board too, we are tactically astute, play some wonderful set piece routines and play with tremendous freedom and attacking intent.

Is that Micky Adams? Spent work experience at Coventry Fc when he was manager, really nice man, anyways back to the question:). Was very impressed with your attacking play against Wednesday ( i keep harking back to that because it was one of the games i remember well that you played). I hadn't heard of him, don't mind admitting that, no clue who he was, knew quite a few of your players, but the manager was a mystery, and im impressed by his style of football.

The beauty of our team is that it isn’t reliant on one or two match-winners. Nearly every player has missed a game or two this season and we’ve coped. But if I had to choose, I would say our holy trinity in midfield are the most important (Coutts, Fleck and Duffy). They have dominated games whenever they’ve all played. But we have “teams within a team” all over the pitch. The back 3, the wing backs, the front 2. They’re all vital cogs in the wheel and as I say, it doesn’t tend to come down to one or two players. We beat Ipswich without Coutts. We beat the pigs without top scorer Billy Sharp etc.
Was going to say, it seemed to me you dominated the midfield when i saw you play, dont know who was in yours, but if it was those 3 they work so hard, no time for the opposition to settle, which seems to set a standard for the rest of the team to follow. I like Billy Sharp, little goal machine, didnt quite work out at Leeds, but at this level there isnt many better.

I honestly think this division is one of such small margins. All games have been challenging to some degree and you can see elements of quality in all of our opponents. I’d say Derby and Wednesday didn’t do themselves justice against us. They both have decent players but they weren’t at it and we were and such we beat both comfortably. Wolves are top but had a man sent off early allowing us to easily play them off the park. Forest quite the opposite. They haven’t been great throughout the season but they fought hard, and played some good stuff and just edged us out. Norwich were efficient and streetwise. Horrible, cheating, timewasting team but they got the job done. Borough were strong and athletic. I think the best performance against us (the only game where you could argue we were out-played) was Cardiff at their place. I think the lowest quality teams I’ve seen were Barnsley and Reading. I didn’t go to Bolton but they are rubbish and will go back down. Just a hit and hope team and the exception to the tight margins I referred to.
Its a cliche, but it does seem anyone can beat anyone in this league, you lost to Forest at there place, we battered them, 2-0 wasn't a fair reflection, should have been 6-0. But then, you beat Sheffield Weds 4-2 and played really well, then they beat us 3-0, and they played really well. Cardiff were the best team we played also, there wasn't any real positives for us, they deserved to win, most games we have lost we have had spells where we should have scored, but against Cardiff there wasn't really any. Bolton were horrible, dirty, time wasting, hoof team, but effective, its very difficult to predict scores in this league, which is probably makes it so exciting.

Nothing feels impossible with this management team in place. But there has to be some realism. We’re probably about 18th or so in terms of budget. A top half finish would be a very good season. But looking at how we’re playing, top 6 at least is looking more and more like a possibility.
No harm in being positive, said before on i think it was the BCFC forum, its getting to a stage where "momentum" isnt a reason anymore for a teams good start, like they have had. Its starting to become the time where we all have to admit all the teams in and around the top 6 deserve it, they are good sides.Whether they can maintain it is another thing, but all the teams up there now deserve to be imo.

Top 3.

Cardiff

Wolves

Villa

Think Leeds, Blades, Bristol could make up the remainder of the top 6. If Boro get their act together, they should be able to challenge too.

Bottom 3

Barnsley

Burton

Bolton

Pretty fair, although im worried for Sunderland, only because of Simon Grayson, they just seem to be on a slide. Boro are seeing what we saw last season, Monk is very organised and disciplined, but he isnt great at tactical switches, if things arent working, he doesnt know how to fix it.

352 but not in the conventional sense. It’s very fluid. Our wing backs become forwards, our centre halves become wingers. IF we can get on top in a game, we are great to watch.
That should be interesting, cant even fathom how that works, but if it does (which it must), thts very impressive discipline from the players and coaching from the coaches.

2 teams that I think have a good chance of top 6 and each probably has a slim chance at top 2 based on how we’ve each started the season. 2 teams with good attacking styles. It’s all set up for a great game. I think Lassoga will score for you. He looks a real handful and we are occasionally a bit vulnerable on crosses. But I always think we’re capable of getting goals so it’s a score draw for me. Maybe 2-2 for our first draw of the season. The other thing is, we don’t play for draws and I don’t think you do either. As such, I can see it being a draw by virtue of a late equalizer rather than one side taking what they have.

Lasogga had his best game against Bristol, he was sensational, big lad, but more a Mark Viduka then a Gary Madine battering ram (couldnt think of another battering ram forward). Technically, his control and link up play is very good, not the quickest but he is able to beat a man and make his own chances. Was very impressed with Leon Clarke (surprisingly), remember him from his Coventry days, good target man, but he was more mobile then i expected, and that young lad (name escapes me) very impressive, lovely dribbling skills.Looking forward to this game, you attacked Wednesday away, and that was unexpected as the away side, so im expecting similar, pressing, energy, organisation etc, should be a good match. Heart says 3-1 Leeds, thats on the assumption we score first, we dont concede many when we score first, 4 in 7 with 20 scored. Head says 2-2 as you say might be right, which in the grand scheme isnt a bad result given your form and our blip up until the BCFC game.

Think you might be right on that one, but if you do score first, you'll have some serious defending to do. Under WIlder this team refuses to let the heads drop. Think it should be a good advert for Championship football though, two teams going about it the right way. I've heard a lot about Saiz, who else should we be concerned about?

So when we go 1-0 up, the Ref can blow the whistle for full time and we can all get on the Friday night lash? That sounds like a good shout! ;)
Or, when we go 1-0 up, the ref can blow the full time whistle and we can all go on the Friday night lash? :D;):p

Put it this way Mr Plastic Loiner. Win, Lose or Draw we all know this team will leave everything on the pitch.

1) better than the sum of the parts
2) said before but given us our club back
3) see 1 but Fleck and Coutts key to the system
4) Boro for 45 mins worst Derby probably
5) far too soon but decent start.
6) top 3 really tough to call. Wolves should be close and before a ball was kicked said you lot. Bottom Burton, Bolton & one other maybe Barnsley
7) Won’t die wondering - will go for it - not afraid to lose.
8) Tough game would take a point now if offered

Cjay,
We’re normally a pessimistic bunch and have very little to cheer about apart from the Bassett and Warnock years with their up and at em style. Wilder came along last season, we were initially bottom of league 1 after 4 matches, then we got better and better and better,

Last season, after Xmas we saw some unbelievably one sided matches. Even if we conceded no one was worried because we knew we’d continue creating loads of chances.
Virtually every team came and parked the bus, they rarely got into our half and our football was the best I’ve seen since the mid 70’s.
We realise that “you’re only as good as the opposition allows”, so we were doubtful whether we could play our fluent passing game in the Championship. We started cautiously, but as the season has gone on we’ve gained confidence and started to dominate matches.

When we say that we haven’t got any star players.
What we mean is that quite often it’s a totally different man of the match each game and also it’s rare that anyone can agree on a man of the match. In many respects, ALL 11 players are our “star players”. I’ve never had so many favourite players.
It’s the best footballing midfield I’ve seen at SU since I’ve been supporting them since 1976.
The 2 fullbacks both have fantastic quality and skill.

We laugh about it because these players shouldn’t be so good, they are from the lower divisions but when they join Chris Wilder uses their strengths, gives them clear instructions and must coach them well because they quickly improve and now we actually look a high quality team. I’ve never seen anything like it before, it’s as though Wilder is a miracle worker.
We keep thinking the magic must end sooner or later but there’s no sign of it ending.

Last edited:
Think you might be right on that one, but if you do score first, you'll have some serious defending to do. Under WIlder this team refuses to let the heads drop. Think it should be a good advert for Championship football though, two teams going about it the right way. I've heard a lot about Saiz, who else should we be concerned about?

Agreed, this it will be very open, fast and exciting, may come down to just 1 goal.

Saiz has been superb, we all get over excited when a new player has a good debut, but theres always the worry it wont last. But he has been the best player for us all season, getting the ball off him is so difficult his retention is one of the best ive seen.

Pontus Jansson-Off form a bit but at his best he is a one man defence, if he is on form Friday you will do well to beat Pontus.

Ronaldo Vieira- He is a star in the making, best academy product we have produced recently for me, including Howson, Cook etc. Strong as an ox, tenacious, wont give your midfield a seconds peace.

Pablo Hernandez- Bit hit and miss, but on his day a class above most in this division, very creative and influential.

Lasogga- already mentioned elsewhere, looks a class act.

Gianni Alioski- My personal favourite, big fan, works his butt off tracking back, quick, skilful and able to create and score. Similar to Pablo this season, hit and miss, early on this season was brilliant, faded a bit but seemed to be back to his best vs BCFC.

For me its our 3 behind Lasogga, they are devastating, swap positions and play some lovely stuff between them, Ali, Saiz, Pablo. Get a grip on them then you will have a good chance, but leave them space and they can tear teams apart.

How has the lad who tore apart Wednesday done since? He and Clarke were superb that day.

Agreed, this it will be very open, fast and exciting, may come down to just 1 goal.

Saiz has been superb, we all get over excited when a new player has a good debut, but theres always the worry it wont last. But he has been the best player for us all season, getting the ball off him is so difficult his retention is one of the best ive seen.

Pontus Jansson-Off form a bit but at his best he is a one man defence, if he is on form Friday you will do well to beat Pontus.

Ronaldo Vieira- He is a star in the making, best academy product we have produced recently for me, including Howson, Cook etc. Strong as an ox, tenacious, wont give your midfield a seconds peace.

Pablo Hernandez- Bit hit and miss, but on his day a class above most in this division, very creative and influential.

Gianni Alioski- My personal favourite, big fan, works his butt off tracking back, quick, skilful and able to create and score. Similar to Pablo this season, hit and miss, early on this season was brilliant, faded a bit but seemed to be back to his best vs BCFC.

For me its our 3 behind Lasogga, they are devastating, swap positions and play some lovely stuff between them, Ali, Saiz, Pablo. Get a grip on them then you will have a good chance, but leave them space and they can tear teams apart.

How has the lad who tore apart Wednesday done since? He and Clarke were superb that day.

Already noted where Saiz is concerned. Look clever and reminiscent of other quality Spanish players.

Brooks? Wilder is using him with the right amount of mentoring. May not start but has guile and the ability to do the unexpected.

I won't bore you with the rest of our squad, but there's a reason we're where we are. If necessary we can scrap with the best of 'em, but we also have far more to offer than you may realise.

Leeds are a bit of a strange team this year. Seen them a few times on TV and at times, they've been excellent and looked pretty dangerous but other times, they've looked absolutely dire. I think any team could win this game on Friday. My guess would be 2-2.

David Brooks has continued to impress, albeit not quite to the same extent he did in the derby. He has largely been consigned to making appearances from the bench, through no fault of his own just that Duffy has been superb and with Sharp being captain and such a good finisher it has been hard to find a starting place for him. We may see him start Friday night but I suspect we'll be unchanged with Sharp and Clarke upfront and Duffy playing in just behind. It's always fun to see him come on against tired players though, it isn't that he's a fast sprinter, just that he glides with the ball at full pace. I think he probably has the best close control and dribbling of any Blades player in my time as a supporter (but I'm 28, so missed Curry etc). Should be destined for big things young Brooks, amazing that we have him tied down on a 4 year deal now.

Finding some quality players who were perhaps below their mantle and needed to be playing the right tactics, the right passing game and at the right high tempo under a brilliant coaching team with passionate fans pushing them along. Oh, that and plenty of talent and "pashun".

Down to earth, sensible, genius. Turned the club around and saved it from a spiralling demise where the players, board and fans were getting further and further apart. He gave us our club back.

Coutts, Fleck, O'Connell, Sharp, Brooks, Clarke, Baldock/Freeman, Stevens, Duffy and the real unsung hero Jake Wright who has only lost once in a Blades shirt.

Haven't seen every game but have seen most either live or on iFollow and would say best = Cardiff first half, worst = Norwich - cheating, time wasting, hoof ball, park the bus arseholes. In terms of inability to cope with our approach, I'd say Wednesday were technically the worst.

Starting is the key word. Still waiting for the bubble to burst but for now it just seems to be inflating every week. Bearing in mind we've only spent about £500k and have money available from the sell on of Walker and Maguire not to mention increased revenues from TV etc, who knows what might happen 2nd half of the season.

Excluding us, I'm going with Wolves, Cardiff and a late surge from Boro (they were in my pre-season acc for promoted teams from each division). Bottom 3 Bolton, Burton, Birmingham.

Wing backs pushing high, three centre backs, two up top, quick, short passing, crosses, long ball only when there's no other option or if you're pegging us back. One thing is guaranteed and that is we'll be better than you expect - as almost every team has discovered so far.

It's going to be close, hopefully 1-0 Blades, or a high scoring draw like 2-2. Definitely not 0-0, or 1-1. The only 2 things we haven't been able to adequately cope with so far this season were 1) Norwich's bus parking - we just couldn't break them down and 2) Cardiff's pace in getting in behind our CBs taking advantage of the wing backs pushing on and leaving space behind.

1. Team work, all players pulling in the right direction. Players playing with a smile on their faces, even the subs have a laugh at 1/2 time when warming up.

2. He's one of our own. Personally still cannot believe what has happened in the last 12 months.

3. All the players have played their part.
Some players have surprised us in making the step up. Duffy being one for me, he's probably been our best player over the last 4 or 5 games.

4.Only going on the Home games for me Brentford or Wolves.

5.Far to early yet ask me in April.

6. Top Wolves, Villa, Cardiff/Leeds.
Bottom. Bolton, Burton, Ipswich.

7.High Tempo pressing game.

8. I feared defeat, but the fact you will be having your 3rd game in 6 days might help us, so 1-1 for me.

You're not from Leeds I see.

That should put you amongst the vast majority at Elland Road on any given match day.

Leeds RLFC champions again. Oh dear :)

Agreed. Lived here for 10 years, know about 2 Leeds fans from the city. It’s all Rhyyyyyyy-nohhhhhhs.

Back
Top Bottom