Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On you i thought you played well really, not great, neither did we, but you will play worse and win and we will play better and lose (we have).

This is it with us mate. We don't ever when when we have a less than sterling performance. We draw or lose.

Spot on assessment!!. Unfortunately our owners are currently squabbling in the courts which is never a good thing. We won’t get that marquee striker as you call it. They cost serious money which we don’t have!!. I see us finishing mid table again but here’s hoping I’m wrong!!. UTB
Isnt the Saudi dude a member of the Saudi Royal Family?

Find it odd that he hasnt the money to invest properly or make this court case go away.

Hard to argue with, Bamford will make a world of difference for you lot I reckon. Why wasn’t Saiz playing? I rate the dirty little cheat - glad he never made it on tbh.
Hope so because at times we do look a bit toothless, he is different to Roofe so give us another option.

He was dropped a while back after some very poor performances.

Has come off the bench and grabbed a few assists.

I think Bielsa may be making a point, Saiz doesnt work as hard as others at times and dont think Bielsa likes that so that may be why he prefers Forshaw. Although on his day Saiz is a far better offensive player then Forshaw.

Bloody hell, such a long assessment and I agreed with virtually every single word. You know your stuff, well done.

Think currently we’ll be very close to the playoffs but will probably just miss out. We are a good team and have come a long way but we lack top quality and rarely score goals from nothing. The key to our success is the January transfer window, apparently we have at least 5 million to spend and may go for a big player on loan, like Fulham did with Mitrovic.

What about Che Adams at Birmingham? Blues are in the poo financially, maybe could take advantage of that, Jota also.

Our budget's bottom four.
Find that hard to believe tbh.

Someone in here said mid table, i thought mid table, you may be right of course but id be surprised if there wasnt 8-10 teams with a lower budget then you.

This is it with us mate. We don't ever when when we have a less than sterling performance. We draw or lose.
Comes back to quality imo, someone to make the difference when things arent ideal.

Cant play great all the time.

Find that hard to believe tbh.

Someone in here said mid table, i thought mid table, you may be right of course but id be surprised if there wasnt 8-10 teams with a lower budget then you.

Money spent last season (not including all loans, particularly outwards):
Blackman (loan).
Lundstram 700k
Stearman 300k.
Evans 500k
Leonard 500k
Holmes (modest)
Money in last season: Walker, Maguire, Murphy sell on clauses totalling 8.5 million.The club was going to break even last season if not for January transfer activity (Evans, Leonard, Holmes, James Wilson (loan). (Source: Prince).

Money spent this season: Norwood 2 million; Egan 4 million; Henderson loan, Woodburn loan, M Johnson loan, Washington, Mcgoldrick (frees)

Money in: Brooks 11.5 million; Evans 750,000; Leonard 1.4 million. We only have a few players that we've signed from the same division or higher: Stearman, Sharp (big pay cut), Egan, Mcgoldrick (free), Washington (free), Norwood, Woodburn (loan).

Blown out of the water on various striker targets due to wages. Biggest examples being Waghorn and Luke Freeman.We were told in the summer that we'd have a bigger budget than last year, but so far we've seen scant evidence.We have zero net spend on transfers in Wilder's period at the club. First season (league one) saw big sales of Che Adams (Brum), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton) and Aaron Ramsdale (Bournemouth).

Ignore all the haters mate. Can you loan me your LUTV subscription details please ?

lutv_web.jpg

Pretty please?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Always had a bit of respect for Eddie, unlike quite a few other Leeds players. He's a gentleman, see how hard he's concentrating in order to keep looking at the floodlight in the far corner of the ground? What a gent.

Really enjoyed that game, often you build a game up in your head and the actual event is a damp squib.

This wasnt, two sides who gave it a real go, tried to play football, both had chances, Henderson with a great save to deny Halme, BPF denying McGoldrick.

Chances for Sharp, Roofe, decent efforts from Clarke, Hernandez, Washington and others.

Really enjoyable, decided by a total cock up, although imo id be blaming Egan more, senior cb, ex captain, he was being pressed, he must have known Clarke was pressing his young goalie, why smash a crap pass to hard and inaccurate past him? Although quite who Henderson was passing to i dont know.

Ref was crap, both of us had decent and blatant penalty shouts for pulling. He was also so inconsistent, Stevens and Mcgoldrick are lucky boys.

On another day you would have made more of our young goalies flapping, thought at times the ref was very kind to BPF who worries me whenever a cross comes in.

Thought Bielsa deserves credit, set us up more defensively, people were tracking your overlapping runners well, and just a little tweek swapping Hernandez and Roofe meant we had more legs to track back allowing Pablo to save his energy.

In the end we were lucky, a draw was a fair result but you need some luck.

People compare us to Wolves "not as good etc" how would Wolves have coped losing 2 senior cbs for months, there 1st choice right wing back, there record signing striker or even there top scorer and main creator for 6 games in September?

They had luck in that respect, we have had some luck today.

On you i thought you played well really, not great, neither did we, but you will play worse and win and we will play better and lose (we have).

McGoldrick was decent, clever and hard working, takes up some really good positions, but he isnt a goalscorer, he couldn't finish his dinner, if he could he'd probably be at a lower end Prem team.

Sharp wasnt great but his movement and intelligence gave him a great chance that hed score 9/10.

Thought 2 of your back 3 were good, Basham and O'Connell, defended well, overlapped well and Henderson to made a few decent saves.

Norwood, Fleck and Duffy struggled i thought, seen Duffy quite a bit and never seen him as quiet.

Finally Washington gave you something different, bit like Jack Clarke for us, bit more pace bit more get up and go i suppose.

Wouldn't be to upset, it was a good game split by a horrific mistake.

Called it my favourite performance of the season on our forum. Not because we played very well, totally the opposite, we did ok, but we won, whatever way thats all that matters, against a rival, at a place we really struggle against a side who have given us and plenty of teams plenty of problems.

Think you can see the issues we both have in terms of the squads, bit of quality missing.

For us we have Patrick Bamford and Izzy Brown hopefully back soon, that should help although we are down to 1 senior cb now.

For you i just think all you really lack is a real total forward, by that i mean someone like Tammy Abraham for example, a bit of a jack of all trades, the power of Clarke, link play of McGoldrick, finishing of Sharp.

If your owners can sort themselves out and give Wilder that marquee striker i can see you up in the top 6.
Halme was your best player, never heard of him before

Money spent last season (not including all loans, particularly outwards):
Blackman (loan).
Lundstram 700k
Stearman 300k.
Evans 500k
Leonard 500k
Holmes (modest)
Money in last season: Walker, Maguire, Murphy sell on clauses totalling 8.5 million.The club was going to break even last season if not for January transfer activity (Evans, Leonard, Holmes, James Wilson (loan). (Source: Prince).

Money spent this season: Norwood 2 million; Egan 4 million; Henderson loan, Woodburn loan, M Johnson loan, Washington, Mcgoldrick (frees)

Money in: Brooks 11.5 million; Evans 750,000; Leonard 1.4 million. We only have a few players that we've signed from the same division or higher: Stearman, Sharp (big pay cut), Egan, Mcgoldrick (free), Washington (free), Norwood, Woodburn (loan).

Blown out of the water on various striker targets due to wages. Biggest examples being Waghorn and Luke Freeman.We were told in the summer that we'd have a bigger budget than last year, but so far we've seen scant evidence.We have zero net spend on transfers in Wilder's period at the club. First season (league one) saw big sales of Che Adams (Brum), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton) and Aaron Ramsdale (Bournemouth).
Wow thats in depth lol.

It seems if your budget is as low as you say then thats not because you couldn't have a bigger budget, its because the owners wont let you have one?

Similar to us, we are quite solid financially and theoretically probably could spend £10-15mil in January and be safe from FFP.

If the budget is there for you to spend in terms of funds brought in i dont get why your owners wont push the boat out a bit to give you the best chance for promotion and to stop your manager getting pissed off?

Think there is a difference between not having a bigger budget by choice like you, or someone like Ipswich, Millwall etc who simply cant afford it.

Always had a bit of respect for Eddie, unlike quite a few other Leeds players. He's a gentleman, see how hard he's concentrating in order to keep looking at the floodlight in the far corner of the ground? What a gent.
I have never seen such concentration on a players face as there is when Emma interviews them, bless there hearts they try very hard.

Signed last January, got injured, only 20, hadnt played for the first team at all before Bristol City.

Wow thats in depth lol.

It seems if your budget is as low as you say then thats not because you couldn't have a bigger budget, its because the owners wont let you have one?

Similar to us, we are quite solid financially and theoretically probably could spend £10-15mil in January and be safe from FFP.

If the budget is there for you to spend in terms of funds brought in i dont get why your owners wont push the boat out a bit to give you the best chance for promotion and to stop your manager getting pissed off?

Think there is a difference between not having a bigger budget by choice like you, or someone like Ipswich, Millwall etc who simply cant afford it.

If the owners don’t “let us have it” who else is going to? We haven’t got it as the player sales go to cover our operating expenses.

FFP is not a target despite most teams seeing it as such. There now seems to be an acceptance amongst fans that only losing £12m a year is great as it keeps you within FFP. Show me a company in any other industry that can sustain this over a number of years and be seen as a success.

Wow thats in depth lol.

It all depends how much a club's owners are prepared to lose. The limit is 39 million every three years. I think we're well beneath that. Our owners are fighting over the club and there is evidence that the Brooks money is being used for running costs before the May court case. Conversely, there is a school of thought that United have the money for the fees but aren't prepared to raise our wage ceiling. Wilder is on record as saying we've barely touched the Brooks money, which would indicate that our budget has increased but we haven't delved into it due to the wages issue stymying us bringing in the quality required.

Confirms transfer budget not contingent on Brooks' sale. 7:45.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06d2mn1

Confirms "we've hardly touched the David Brooks money" 4:00.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06gcbs6

We had a bid accepted for Waghorn, but we were blown out of the water on wages by Derby. We then had a bid rejected for Freeman. This would indicate that we could afford the fees for one or both.

Last edited:
If the owners don’t “let us have it” who else is going to? We haven’t got it as the player sales go to cover our operating expenses.

FFP is not a target despite most teams seeing it as such. There now seems to be an acceptance amongst fans that only losing £12m a year is great as it keeps you within FFP. Show me a company in any other industry that can sustain this over a number of years and be seen as a success.
Fair point but if you want to progress as a club you have to either accept your lot or push the boat out.

Championship clubs by there very nature arent profitable anyways, nobody makes money out of them commercially, its only players sales which then has a detrimental effect on the playing side.

Either owners accept this and accept that they have to sell to stay profitable or they be a bit more ambitious to try and push on to the Prem where there clubs can be profitable and where they can make money.

Speculate to accumulate imo, theres a fine line between a bit of ambition and reckless spending.

It all depends how much a club's owners are prepared to lose. The limit is 39 million every three years. I think we're well beneath that. Our owners are fighting over the club and there is evidence that the Brooks money is being used for running costs before the May court case. Conversely, there is a school of thought that United have the money for the fees but aren't prepared to raise our wage ceiling. Wilder is on record as saying we've barely touched the Brooks money, which would indicate that our budget has increased but we haven't delved into it due to the wages issue stymying us bringing in the quality required.

Confirms transfer budget not contingent on Brooks' sale. 7:45.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06d2mn1

Confirms "we've hardly touched the David Brooks money" 4:00.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/p06gcbs6

We had a bid accepted for Waghorn, but we were blown out of the water on wages by Derby. We then had a bid rejected for Freeman. This would indicate that we could afford the fees for one or both.
I dont really understand the court case tbh, i haven't really paid much attention to it beyond knowing its happening.

Who is responsible for the running costs of the club? Who is responsible for deciding the budgets and things?

It seems that until thats sorted nothing will happen as nobody knows who will fork out for what.

As you say you probably are miles below FFP and probably could afford a big signing but then who pays for that?

We had issues in the summer, could afford transfer fee, but wages were above our budget, Jozefzoon, Vydra etc.

Maybe there is a gulf between your wage budget and the transfer budget, that will create its own problems, maybe the ownership issues are the root cause.

I may read about whats going on, interests me, you have 2 owners both owning 50% is that righr?

I dont really understand the court case tbh, i haven't really paid much attention to it beyond knowing its happening.

Who is responsible for the running costs of the club? Who is responsible for deciding the budgets and things?

It seems that until thats sorted nothing will happen as nobody knows who will fork out for what.

As you say you probably are miles below FFP and probably could afford a big signing but then who pays for that?

We had issues in the summer, could afford transfer fee, but wages were above our budget, Jozefzoon, Vydra etc.

Maybe there is a gulf between your wage budget and the transfer budget, that will create its own problems, maybe the ownership issues are the root cause.

I may read about whats going on, interests me, you have 2 owners both owning 50% is that righr?

They both own fifty percent of the club but McCabe owns all of the real estate: Stadium, Academy etc. They had an initial deal that the Prince would inject funds, but this expired some time ago. They then have had to share costs. It seems McCabe has been frustrated by a lack of willingness to step up the funding to make us competitive in this league. In the initial deal there was a clause that one party could buy out the other if a deal was agreed on the real estate. The Prince's lawyers have interpreted this differently and he wants to buy one hundred percent of the club without the real estate - whilst renting said real estate on the pre existing peppercorn rent (which was part of the initial deal). They had mediation is September which was unsuccessful, meaning it will go to the high court in May.Wilder threatened to leave at the end of last season, leaving a contract on the table for six months. He signed the new deal before the start of the season and said he'd been given the right assurances. This has been a big issue pretty much since the start of last season.

Fair point but if you want to progress as a club you have to either accept your lot or push the boat out.

Championship clubs by there very nature arent profitable anyways, nobody makes money out of them commercially, its only players sales which then has a detrimental effect on the playing side.

Either owners accept this and accept that they have to sell to stay profitable or they be a bit more ambitious to try and push on to the Prem where there clubs can be profitable and where they can make money.

Speculate to accumulate imo, theres a fine line between a bit of ambition and reckless spending.

Agreed that you have to speculate to accumulate but the fact that we are operating pretty much at a break even level whereas other teams are purposefully losing money hand over fist grates on me more than a little bit.

It is completely unsustainable in the long term but the only way it will stop is if 2 or 3 clubs go bang. Leeds have been close in recent years and but for some big money investment they would be in the shit still. It does seem like you’ve resolved to run a little more sensibly now.

Other clubs like Villa, Derby, pigs now seem to be having a good go at retarded financial management so it would be nice if the EFL actually bothered to enforce their own rules, however we all know that this would upset the status quo and therefore won’t happen.

What about Che Adams at Birmingham? Blues are in the poo financially, maybe could take advantage of that, Jota also.
In summer 2016 Wilder wasnt impressed with Adams attitude and decided to sell him. Adams can produce one or two moments of magic per game but goes missing for most of the time. Selling him and Calvert-Lewin helped us to buy key players to get us promotion from League 1

Really enjoyed that game, often you build a game up in your head and the actual event is a damp squib.

This wasnt, two sides who gave it a real go, tried to play football, both had chances, Henderson with a great save to deny Halme, BPF denying McGoldrick.

Chances for Sharp, Roofe, decent efforts from Clarke, Hernandez, Washington and others.

Really enjoyable, decided by a total cock up, although imo id be blaming Egan more, senior cb, ex captain, he was being pressed, he must have known Clarke was pressing his young goalie, why smash a crap pass to hard and inaccurate past him? Although quite who Henderson was passing to i dont know.

Ref was crap, both of us had decent and blatant penalty shouts for pulling. He was also so inconsistent, Stevens and Mcgoldrick are lucky boys.

On another day you would have made more of our young goalies flapping, thought at times the ref was very kind to BPF who worries me whenever a cross comes in.

Thought Bielsa deserves credit, set us up more defensively, people were tracking your overlapping runners well, and just a little tweek swapping Hernandez and Roofe meant we had more legs to track back allowing Pablo to save his energy.

In the end we were lucky, a draw was a fair result but you need some luck.

People compare us to Wolves "not as good etc" how would Wolves have coped losing 2 senior cbs for months, there 1st choice right wing back, there record signing striker or even there top scorer and main creator for 6 games in September?

They had luck in that respect, we have had some luck today.

McGoldrick was decent, clever and hard working, takes up some really good positions, but he isnt a goalscorer, he couldn't finish his dinner, if he could he'd probably be at a lower end Prem team.

Sharp wasnt great but his movement and intelligence gave him a great chance that hed score 9/10.

Thought 2 of your back 3 were good, Basham and O'Connell, defended well, overlapped well and Henderson to made a few decent saves.

Norwood, Fleck and Duffy struggled i thought, seen Duffy quite a bit and never seen him as quiet.

Finally Washington gave you something different, bit like Jack Clarke for us, bit more pace bit more get up and go i suppose.

Wouldn't be to upset, it was a good game split by a horrific mistake.

Called it my favourite performance of the season on our forum. Not because we played very well, totally the opposite, we did ok, but we won, whatever way thats all that matters, against a rival, at a place we really struggle against a side who have given us and plenty of teams plenty of problems.

Think you can see the issues we both have in terms of the squads, bit of quality missing.

For us we have Patrick Bamford and Izzy Brown hopefully back soon, that should help although we are down to 1 senior cb now.

For you i just think all you really lack is a real total forward, by that i mean someone like Tammy Abraham for example, a bit of a jack of all trades, the power of Clarke, link play of McGoldrick, finishing of Sharp.

If your owners can sort themselves out and give Wilder that marquee striker i can see you up in the top 6.

I think all of that is fair comment.

The division is so tight that luck with injuries or an inspired signing could tip the balance for any of ten different teams.

Leeds were pretty much as I expected. Wonderful intensity and tactical acumen but with a fragility that demands two or three improvements in key positions. Achieve that and promotion is there for the taking.

As for us, I learned nothing new. I did think Leon Clarke was a huge miss as he’d have bullied your green defenders.

Oh well...

I had a message last night from a Leeds fan pal of mine complaining about foul play and shirt pulling by the Blades on Saturday. The irony is off the charts.

I had a message last night from a Leeds fan pal of mine complaining about foul play and shirt pulling by the Blades on Saturday. The irony is off the charts.
Is that the same Leeds friend as mine, who thought it was the dirtiest team they have ever played and moaned about the shirt pulling, even showed three pictures of it. He then pontificated about our attendance, fair enough, and when questioned about their mid week attendances, not by me, said it was because they are such a massive club, that the foreign fans who travel in numbers at the weekend can't make mid week games. At the end of his rantings, I can't possibly want any other team to fail more than I do them! And breath.

They both own fifty percent of the club but McCabe owns all of the real estate: Stadium, Academy etc. They had an initial deal that the Prince would inject funds, but this expired some time ago. They then have had to share costs. It seems McCabe has been frustrated by a lack of willingness to step up the funding to make us competitive in this league. In the initial deal there was a clause that one party could buy out the other if a deal was agreed on the real estate. The Prince's lawyers have interpreted this differently and he wants to buy one hundred percent of the club without the real estate - whilst renting said real estate on the pre existing peppercorn rent (which was part of the initial deal). They had mediation is September which was unsuccessful, meaning it will go to the high court in May.Wilder threatened to leave at the end of last season, leaving a contract on the table for six months. He signed the new deal before the start of the season and said he'd been given the right assurances. This has been a big issue pretty much since the start of last season.

Its a bit of a mess by the sounds of it, confusion, misinterpretation etc.

Can understand the Prince wanting to own 100% of the club before really pumping much more cash in, but at the same time can understand McCabe not wanting to sell his stake whilst only getting peanut rent for the facilities. Radz didnt really put any money in that we know off in the 6months or so before he owned 100%, but it was less complicated because Cellino didnt own the stadium and such anyways.

Whats the court case going to decide though? Whether the Prince can buy McCabe out like his lawyers reckon?

For you who would you prefer "wins", is the Prince the one to take you forward? The simplest solution seems to be they agree a decent rent for the facilities and McCabe then sells his stake and the club has one principle owner.

McCabe clearly needed/ wanted extra funding or the Prince wouldnt be here, so doesnt seem like he can afford to buy him out.

Agreed that you have to speculate to accumulate but the fact that we are operating pretty much at a break even level whereas other teams are purposefully losing money hand over fist grates on me more than a little bit.

It is completely unsustainable in the long term but the only way it will stop is if 2 or 3 clubs go bang. Leeds have been close in recent years and but for some big money investment they would be in the shit still. It does seem like you’ve resolved to run a little more sensibly now.

Other clubs like Villa, Derby, pigs now seem to be having a good go at retarded financial management so it would be nice if the EFL actually bothered to enforce their own rules, however we all know that this would upset the status quo and therefore won’t happen.

We have worked quite hard in recent years to become more sustainable. Starting with Cellino, he made mistakes but it does seem that he did his best to get us on a more even keel, then Radz has come in and helped even more, brought in the 49ers to hopefully give us extra funding and knowledge. Radz isnt perfect, i dont think LUFC is a priority for him, but he has done ok.

We seem to be in good shape, although its still frustrating when you look at other clubs spending money to strengthen and we dont.

I agree, when i see teams like Wendies in recent years, Villa, Birmingham etc throwing money about like its going out of fashion it frustrates me, bit envious, but more confused.

Seems that Birmingham and Wendies are now finally suffering because of it, as they should (dont actually dislike them) but they are breaking the rules they should be punished.

Derby have had to cut back, that was allegedly one of the reasons Rowett went to Stoke.

Villa confuse me, im on there forum and there fans are as confused as the rest of us regarding there FFP situation. Everything says they should be severely cutting back, new owners or not, they are reportedly in serious breach of FFP at the end of the season unless they sell or get promoted.

But they havent cut back, big money deal for Grealish, loan fees and wage contribution for big name signings like El Ghazi, Bolasie and Abraham (allegedly paying all of Bolasies 70k wages), sacked Bruce and his staff, paid for Smith and his staff.

Unless there new owners (who are incredibly rich) have worked out a deal with the Football league then i cant see how they can avoid sales in January or failing to win promotion.

If they have worked out a deal then thats wrong, and would severely frustrate me and FFP may as well be scrapped.

In summer 2016 Wilder wasnt impressed with Adams attitude and decided to sell him. Adams can produce one or two moments of magic per game but goes missing for most of the time. Selling him and Calvert-Lewin helped us to buy key players to get us promotion from League 1
I didnt realise when i suggested Che Adams that he had been yours before going to Birmingham. I think he is a good player, big, strong, bit of pace, decent eye for goal, maybe he has grown up in the 3 years away from you?

I think all of that is fair comment.

The division is so tight that luck with injuries or an inspired signing could tip the balance for any of ten different teams.

Leeds were pretty much as I expected. Wonderful intensity and tactical acumen but with a fragility that demands two or three improvements in key positions. Achieve that and promotion is there for the taking.

As for us, I learned nothing new. I did think Leon Clarke was a huge miss as he’d have bullied your green defenders.

Oh well...
Is really tight, although there are little gaps starting to open up finally.

If WBA dont win thats a 4 or 5 point gap from 3rd to us and Norwich, 4 point gap between you in 6th and Birmingham in 9th.

Still far to tight to call though, as you say a good January window could tip the scales in someones favour.

Yeah i think you're right, goalie, cbs ideally imo.

Is he injured Leon Clarke? seems to be a reborn man for a spell last season.

Thanks for the response.

David Sharp was on TalkShite this morning, the former Wigan chairman and grandson of Dave Whelan. He said they had sold Wigan for £20m because it was costing them £10m per season to run in the championship.

You don’t even come close to breaching FFP at that.

£20m. Let that sink in. £20m for a championship club.

Maybe KM’s best strategy would be to let the Prince buy the club without the ground etc and watch him bankrupt himself.

You on drugs he was wank couldn’t win a challenge without fouling, if Leon was playing I think we’d have won week Jesu fook and no pace , looked like a giraffe getting up of the floor.
This is a right load of nonsense about him , the other centre half was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom