Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nah, that's Martin Samuels 'hard hitting investigative' journalist and scourge of all things SUFC.

He also happens to be a fan of the CheatingAmmers. Who'd have thunk it?

He is a grade A twat and much loathed on here.

Not as much as DirtyLeeds tho'..........
Ahh Hammers fan, that explains the dislike lol fair doos.

Why? is it because of something that happened before i was born :(

Tends to be lol a dislike for the Revie side etc, fair doos.

Exactly that.
He was a weapons grade cunt as was everyone who ever cheated/played for him.
Except Mick Jones.

Yes, we are, its been a while since we were truly at our best, probably Norwich away backend of August. Not to say we have been truly poor, thats probably only the case vs WBA where we were hopeless.

Having a bit of luck which is nice, but struggling with injuries this season, the average age of our bench yesterday was 20.
Saw a sticker on a Sheffield lamppost yesterday.
Strachan
McAllister
Speed
Our last decent midfield.
Our last decent team.

Yes, we are very beatable on paper, not so easy on the pitch as others have seen tbf

I'd say exactly the opposite. On paper your squad is immense. On the pitch you've shown on a few occasions that up against better opposition you could have easily lost - Hull & Reading for example were games you limped through (they say that's the sign of a good side though).

Should be a good game Saturday. But the longer the game goes on level, the less chance we have of knicking it (IMO)

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)
That’s why they were a magnet for every knobhead in the country. Now they merely the “snowflake” offspring of those said knobheads.

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)

I remember them taking our kop one night match in the 1970’s. I was still at school. I got robbed of my scarf and got a kicking at the top of the kop!

My mate (with long hair) got tied to the railings with his hair opposite the train station and given a good kicking.

So I wouldn’t say they weren’t any good at fisticuffs exactly! They were rather good at it! But we’ve learned to stick up for ourselves since.

And if I see that 6 fingered twat who looked like Plug out of the Beano at the match on Saturday I may go into Pensioner rage and let him have it!

Hello Blades fans:)

Back again :D

Same as last season if anyone can be bothered.

Few questions ( and answers imo if anyone has any about us).

Then goes on our forum for peoples to read etc.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay.

Ignore all the haters mate. Can you loan me your LUTV subscription details please ?

lutv_web.jpg

Pretty please?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Know we have spent in the past, i can only comment on my lifetime that i remember.

We had the daft bit in the late 1990s early 2000s, since then very little.

No you're right.

What i should have said is our budget is within what we can afford.
Chris Wood £15mil
Lewis Cook £6mil
Ronaldo Vieira £7mil
Charlie Taylor £7mil
Liam Bridcutt £1mil
Sam Byram £4mil
Ross McCormack £11mil

Over the 3 or 4 years we havs received over £50mil in fees. Our budget isnt tiny, but it is sustainable and mid table.

That's a fair point re players sold. Leeds haven't spent as much as a Wolves, or a Villa. At the end of the day I don't begrudge Leeds or anyone spending money, I just find it an even playing field with parachute payments which of course Leeds haven't had. That definitely needs changing in my view.

I'd say exactly the opposite. On paper your squad is immense. On the pitch you've shown on a few occasions that up against better opposition you could have easily lost - Hull & Reading for example were games you limped through (they say that's the sign of a good side though).

Should be a good game Saturday. But the longer the game goes on level, the less chance we have of knicking it (IMO)
All about opinions mate.

Personally i dont think our squads immense, i think its a mid table squad same as our budget.

We only have 2 senior cbs for example.

We do have clear weaknesses, set pieces for example, in open play we are good, only boro have conceded less.

Containing us is worryingly easy atm.

Stay narrow, allow cbs to have the ball, sit deep, maintain a solid shape centrally limiting the space, force us to cross or frustrate us enough to force us to play to play a forced worldie pass.

Scoring against us though isnt easy, even Brentford who tried to play us at our own game scored a penalty.

Most teams rely on quick breaks and set pieces but in open play we are extremely good at winning the ball back high up the pitch. Which imo is why we have the lowest average shots per game conceded in the league, only team with single figures.

Should be a great game, nervous but hopeful.

That's a fair point re players sold. Leeds haven't spent as much as a Wolves, or a Villa. At the end of the day I don't begrudge Leeds or anyone spending money, I just find it an even playing field with parachute payments which of course Leeds haven't had. That definitely needs changing in my view.
Fully agree on parachute payments, its ridiculous and is just going to get worse.

Saw an interview with the Wigan Chairmen at the time (few months ago). He talked about how Parachute payments were vital because of the losses newly relegated clubs experience and how there wages and costs are so much higher because of there premier league time.

Parachute payments were necessary to help cover costs while they adjust there budgets.

Thats fine, but thats not what there used for, they are used to spend extortionate amounts of money to try and get an instant return.

Imo they encourage reckless spending, look at Villa (till there new owners came in) or Birmingham or even Stoke, how will Stoke cope if they dont get up before the payments end?

There should be some sort of regulation to say what parachute payments can be used for.

Saw a sticker on a Sheffield lamppost yesterday.
Strachan
McAllister
Speed
Our last decent midfield.
Our last decent team.
The O'Leary midfield wasnt bad.

Fully agree on parachute payments, its ridiculous and is just going to get worse.

Saw an interview with the Wigan Chairmen at the time (few months ago). He talked about how Parachute payments were vital because of the losses newly relegated clubs experience and how there wages and costs are so much higher because of there premier league time.

Parachute payments were necessary to help cover costs while they adjust there budgets.

Thats fine, but thats not what there used for, they are used to spend extortionate amounts of money to try and get an instant return.

Imo they encourage reckless spending, look at Villa (till there new owners came in) or Birmingham or even Stoke, how will Stoke cope if they dont get up before the payments end?

There should be some sort of regulation to say what parachute payments can be used for.

The solution to the monetary obscenity that is the premier league is in the EFL's own hands. They should simply refuse to accept relegated clubs under these conditions due to the distortion it brings to the league and the knock on effect it has on salaries further down the food chain which is cripplng the smaller clubs. But it won't happen as you've got a clutch of about 20 clubs in the EFL who think they have a divine right to play in the PL.

Parachute payments needn't be a necessity. It should be mandatory for Premier League clubs to insert relegation wage clauses in players' contracts. A business plan would then have to be submitted to prove that clubs can afford to pay their way if they're relegated. The quality of play in the PL would go up as players wouldn't want to receive the revised Championship wages. Some clubs have already done this with certain players. Parachute payments needn't exist.All it is doing is creating a large gap between the haves and have nots.

I remember them taking our kop one night match in the 1970’s. I was still at school. I got robbed of my scarf and got a kicking at the top of the kop!

My mate (with long hair) got tied to the railings with his hair opposite the train station and given a good kicking.

So I wouldn’t say they weren’t any good at fisticuffs exactly! They were rather good at it! But we’ve learned to stick up for ourselves since.

And if I see that 6 fingered twat who looked like Plug out of the Beano at the match on Saturday I may go into Pensioner rage and let him have it!

Different eras mate . The only time I've ever heard of Leeds fans on our Kop was the early 90's and they were lucky they weren't killed before the police rescued them .

The solution to the monetary obscenity that is the premier league is in the EFL's own hands. They should simply refuse to accept relegated clubs under these conditions due to the distortion it brings to the league and the knock on effect it has on salaries further down the food chain which is cripplng the smaller clubs. But it won't happen as you've got a clutch of about 20 clubs in the EFL who think they have a divine right to play in the PL.
EFL would never stand up to the Prem, they have Shaun Harvey in charge who is as about as qualified for that as i am to replace Chris Wilder.

Parachute payments needn't be a necessity. It should be mandatory for Premier League clubs to insert relegation wage clauses in players' contracts. A business plan would then have to be submitted to prove that clubs can afford to pay their way if they're relegated. The quality of play in the PL would go up as players wouldn't want to receive the revised Championship wages. Some clubs have already done this with certain players. Parachute payments needn't exist.All it is doing is creating a large gap between the haves and have nots.
Whatever it is something needs to be done, i like your idea.

Jesus, what's ours then? Bottom 6?
No i think yours is similar to ours.
You got a better goalie, Jack O'Connell is better then our cb captain.
Norwood, Duffy, Egan, Sharp, Fleck, some good players like us, but maybe lacking in quality in other areas similar to us.

Really enjoyed that game, often you build a game up in your head and the actual event is a damp squib.

This wasnt, two sides who gave it a real go, tried to play football, both had chances, Henderson with a great save to deny Halme, BPF denying McGoldrick.

Chances for Sharp, Roofe, decent efforts from Clarke, Hernandez, Washington and others.

Really enjoyable, decided by a total cock up, although imo id be blaming Egan more, senior cb, ex captain, he was being pressed, he must have known Clarke was pressing his young goalie, why smash a crap pass to hard and inaccurate past him? Although quite who Henderson was passing to i dont know.

Ref was crap, both of us had decent and blatant penalty shouts for pulling. He was also so inconsistent, Stevens and Mcgoldrick are lucky boys.

On another day you would have made more of our young goalies flapping, thought at times the ref was very kind to BPF who worries me whenever a cross comes in.

Thought Bielsa deserves credit, set us up more defensively, people were tracking your overlapping runners well, and just a little tweek swapping Hernandez and Roofe meant we had more legs to track back allowing Pablo to save his energy.

In the end we were lucky, a draw was a fair result but you need some luck.

People compare us to Wolves "not as good etc" how would Wolves have coped losing 2 senior cbs for months, there 1st choice right wing back, there record signing striker or even there top scorer and main creator for 6 games in September?

They had luck in that respect, we have had some luck today.

On you i thought you played well really, not great, neither did we, but you will play worse and win and we will play better and lose (we have).

McGoldrick was decent, clever and hard working, takes up some really good positions, but he isnt a goalscorer, he couldn't finish his dinner, if he could he'd probably be at a lower end Prem team.

Sharp wasnt great but his movement and intelligence gave him a great chance that hed score 9/10.

Thought 2 of your back 3 were good, Basham and O'Connell, defended well, overlapped well and Henderson to made a few decent saves.

Norwood, Fleck and Duffy struggled i thought, seen Duffy quite a bit and never seen him as quiet.

Finally Washington gave you something different, bit like Jack Clarke for us, bit more pace bit more get up and go i suppose.

Wouldn't be to upset, it was a good game split by a horrific mistake.

Called it my favourite performance of the season on our forum. Not because we played very well, totally the opposite, we did ok, but we won, whatever way thats all that matters, against a rival, at a place we really struggle against a side who have given us and plenty of teams plenty of problems.

Think you can see the issues we both have in terms of the squads, bit of quality missing.

For us we have Patrick Bamford and Izzy Brown hopefully back soon, that should help although we are down to 1 senior cb now.

For you i just think all you really lack is a real total forward, by that i mean someone like Tammy Abraham for example, a bit of a jack of all trades, the power of Clarke, link play of McGoldrick, finishing of Sharp.

If your owners can sort themselves out and give Wilder that marquee striker i can see you up in the top 6.

Really enjoyed that game, often you build a game up in your head and the actual event is a damp squib.

This wasnt, two sides who gave it a real go, tried to play football, both had chances, Henderson with a great save to deny Halme, BPF denying McGoldrick.

Chances for Sharp, Roofe, decent efforts from Clarke, Hernandez, Washington and others.

Really enjoyable, decided by a total cock up, although imo id be blaming Egan more, senior cb, ex captain, he was being pressed, he must have known Clarke was pressing his young goalie, why smash a crap pass to hard and inaccurate past him? Although quite who Henderson was passing to i dont know.

Ref was crap, both of us had decent and blatant penalty shouts for pulling. He was also so inconsistent, Stevens and Mcgoldrick are lucky boys.

On another day you would have made more of our young goalies flapping, thought at times the ref was very kind to BPF who worries me whenever a cross comes in.

Thought Bielsa deserves credit, set us up more defensively, people were tracking your overlapping runners well, and just a little tweek swapping Hernandez and Roofe meant we had more legs to track back allowing Pablo to save his energy.

People compare us to Wolves "not as good etc" how would Wolves have coped losing 2 senior cbs for months, there 1st choice right wing back, there record signing striker or even there top scorer and main creator for 6 games in September?

On you i thought you played well really, not great, neither did we, but you will play worse and win and we will play better and lose (we have).

McGoldrick was decent, clever and hard working, takes up some really good positions, but he isnt a goalscorer, he couldn't finish his dinner, if he could he'd probably be at a lower end Prem team.

Sharp wasnt great but his movement and intelligence gave him a great chance that hed score 9/10.

Thought 2 of your back 3 were good, Basham and O'Connell, defended well, overlapped well and Henderson to made a few decent saves.

Norwood, Fleck and Duffy struggled i thought, seen Duffy quite a bit and never seen him as quiet.

Finally Washington gave you something different, bit like Jack Clarke for us, bit more pace bit more get up and go i suppose.

Called it my favourite performance of the season on our forum. Not because we played very well, totally the opposite, we did ok, but we won, whatever way thats all that matters, against a rival, at a place we really struggle against a side who have given us and plenty of teams plenty of problems.

Think you can see the issues we both have in terms of the squads, bit of quality missing.

For us we have Patrick Bamford and Izzy Brown hopefully back soon, that should help although we are down to 1 senior cb now.

For you i just think all you really lack is a real total forward, by that i mean someone like Tammy Abraham for example, a bit of a jack of all trades, the power of Clarke, link play of McGoldrick, finishing of Sharp.

If your owners can sort themselves out and give Wilder that marquee striker i can see you up in the top 6.

Fair summary that mate.

Spot on assessment!!. Unfortunately our owners are currently squabbling in the courts which is never a good thing. We won’t get that marquee striker as you call it. They cost serious money which we don’t have!!. I see us finishing mid table again but here’s hoping I’m wrong!!. UTB

Hard to argue with, Bamford will make a world of difference for you lot I reckon. Why wasn’t Saiz playing? I rate the dirty little cheat - glad he never made it on tbh.

Bloody hell, such a long assessment and I agreed with virtually every single word. You know your stuff, well done.

Think currently we’ll be very close to the playoffs but will probably just miss out. We are a good team and have come a long way but we lack top quality and rarely score goals from nothing. The key to our success is the January transfer window, apparently we have at least 5 million to spend and may go for a big player on loan, like Fulham did with Mitrovic.

Last edited:

No i think yours is similar to ours.
You got a better goalie, Jack O'Connell is better then our cb captain.
Norwood, Duffy, Egan, Sharp, Fleck, some good players like us, but maybe lacking in quality in other areas similar to us.

Our budget's bottom four.

Back
Top Bottom