Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah he is i think, the squad isnt much different from last seasons and we were bottom 3 of the form table for the entirety of 2018 till Bielsa. Cant praise him enough, not so say he is immune from criticism and neither should he be.

I watched the Sheffield derby, it was our 2nd half vs them for the entirety of the game, it was pretty sad for there fans, id be livid if we ever set up like that vs a rival, but you do what you have to i suppose.

Thanks for the response.

I get needs must, but their lack of desire, the absence of any willingness to compete, to try and win the game......if anything screamed 'we're struggling' it was this display...........good that you have a manager you can get behind. Your owner suggested you might go through an annual turnover, seems you might have found one who can get you in shape.

We’ve added to the squad quite well over the summer. Henderson on loan in goal was just right, we wanted Blackman back(how he wasn’t not your number one I’ll never know) but we’ve got a better keeper in Henderson. Future England number 1.

Egan has been fantastic at centre half and that back 3 now really works well, Egan sitting deep and Bash/ JOC getting forward when they can. Something which most teams struggle with.

Shifting Carrruthers, Holmes, Leonard and Evans all out raised a few eyebrows as we’d chased for a long time to get them. But wilder recognised that they weren’t going to be what he wanted and moved them on. If Egan was expensive bringing Norwood in has been the deal of the season, when he performs, the team performs

Woodburn, Johnson and Washington have all just played cameos and haven’t got going as they’ve been unable to dislodge some in form players. Washington though had a very good game at Brentford. So we can perhaps expect them to play a bigger role.

McG rivals Norwood for signing of the season, questions over his injury record seem to have been answered and he’s not the gamble we expected. Quality player and links up play fantastically.

The season is going well, we’ve dropped a few points recently in big games, but the win and performance at Brentford was a great response. Last season we missed Coutts when he broke his leg, this season we’ve filled the hole he left and the football at times has been sensational. At times we’ve conceded too many goals, personally I see it as a result of how we play, we’ll create a lot but we also concede too. Very few 0-0’s with United. We’re good value.

The marquee striker signing still remains. Whilst Billy, Leon, McG all get goals and are fairly clinical, we miss the game changer, someone that smashed the ball from 30 yards.

I didn’t expect us to do as well this season, but the subtle additions to the squad have really blended well.

Finally, on to Saturday. I don’t expect the bus to be parked like our neighbours did. I expect an open game, two sides having a go and we could see lots of goals. Leeds look like they’ve had a few hit and miss games, West Brom was a capitulation but a decent win at the weekend and last night worries me a bit. I guess it’ll depend if you can maintain the energy levels after 3 games in a week. Hopefully not!

I’ll predict 4-3 to the Blades

Ps Sorry i went on a bit!
Pps leave our seats where they are
We’ve added to the squad quite well over the summer. Henderson on loan in goal was just right, we wanted Blackman back(how he wasn’t not your number one I’ll never know) but we’ve got a better keeper in Henderson. Future England number 1.

Egan has been fantastic at centre half and that back 3 now really works well, Egan sitting deep and Bash/ JOC getting forward when they can. Something which most teams struggle with.

Shifting Carrruthers, Holmes, Leonard and Evans all out raised a few eyebrows as we’d chased for a long time to get them. But wilder recognised that they weren’t going to be what he wanted and moved them on. If Egan was expensive bringing Norwood in has been the deal of the season, when he performs, the team performs

Woodburn, Johnson and Washington have all just played cameos and haven’t got going as they’ve been unable to dislodge some in form players. Washington though had a very good game at Brentford. So we can perhaps expect them to play a bigger role.

McG rivals Norwood for signing of the season, questions over his injury record seem to have been answered and he’s not the gamble we expected. Quality player and links up play fantastically.

The season is going well, we’ve dropped a few points recently in big games, but the win and performance at Brentford was a great response. Last season we missed Coutts when he broke his leg, this season we’ve filled the hole he left and the football at times has been sensational. At times we’ve conceded too many goals, personally I see it as a result of how we play, we’ll create a lot but we also concede too. Very few 0-0’s with United. We’re good value.

The marquee striker signing still remains. Whilst Billy, Leon, McG all get goals and are fairly clinical, we miss the game changer, someone that smashed the ball from 30 yards.

I didn’t expect us to do as well this season, but the subtle additions to the squad have really blended well.

Finally, on to Saturday. I don’t expect the bus to be parked like our neighbours did. I expect an open game, two sides having a go and we could see lots of goals. Leeds look like they’ve had a few hit and miss games, West Brom was a capitulation but a decent win at the weekend and last night worries me a bit. I guess it’ll depend if you can maintain the energy levels after 3 games in a week. Hopefully not!

I’ll predict 4-3 to the Blades

Ps Sorry i went on a bit!
Pps leave our seats where they are

From what MB said i suspect the reason he wasnt our number 1 was because he wasnt fit enough, after he left, Bielsa praised him for losing a large amount of weight and getting into the sort of fitness he wanted. He would be number 1 by now i think, Bielsa said he would have dropped BPF were Blackman fit.

PLayed extremely well vs Rotherham did Henderson, was a bit surprised how much Rotherham managed to get at him though, didnt expect that, credit to them.

I really like O' Connell, think he is one of the best cbs in the league, someone id very much like us to sign tbh. The way your cbs get forward amazes me, ive not really seen it anywhere else, its very brave, but doesnt it leave you incredibly open to the counter?

Was disappointed we didnt go for Norwood, not surprised he has done well for you, quality.

Surprised to hear that about McGoldrick, never really rated him, always thought he was just another average Championship striker, what makes him so good?

Thought Ben Woodburn was a bargain, hasnt he had much of a chance then? Or is it just another young player who is over hyped.

Not even starting anymore is COuts? pretty impressive to go from key player to bench player.

Bit like us i think, any team that likes to overload in attack is going to be open in transition.

There arent that many marquee strikers though, would you have rather sold a key player to fund a bigger name striker like we did?

Deserves great credit does WIlder, the style he plays is very much a live or die style, if it had gone wrong people would have said "what a twit, far to open", so was very brave of him to trust his way the way he has.

Hard to predict, we are now having sides sit back against us every game, home and away, as evidence by the possession stats, nobody has more in the league, by quite a distance we have the most.

Unfortunately like your style, ours is very open to the counter, so teams realise this, sit back, stay narrow, maintain your shape, frustrate us and look to break, its not rocket science, its quite a simple and obvious tactic.

But we have only not scored once, vs Boro, we concede very few goals from open play, 9 in total, we could do with being more clinical as we can be quite wasteful in attack, wasting good chances (we have the most shots per game in the league).

Nervous about Saturday, but hopeful, we have taken some big scalps away from home, Derby, Norwich and Wigan, battered all 3 of them. If you play the way you usually play then that will suit us, its teams who sit back we struggle with, but then again your attacking play is quite unique so not sure how we will cope with that.

Very open game.

Thanks for the response.

Good home team/inconsistent away team. Always likely to be worth putting in your over 2.5 goals acca. Score some quality goals, not very good at defending deep. Capable of beating anyone, home or away if we play well.
Thanks for the response

I get needs must, but their lack of desire, the absence of any willingness to compete, to try and win the game......if anything screamed 'we're struggling' it was this display...........good that you have a manager you can get behind. Your owner suggested you might go through an annual turnover, seems you might have found one who can get you in shape.

It did, that was a team low on confidence, desperate for a point, something to cling on to. There fans wernt happy tbf from reading there forum a bit, you wouldnt be, nobody lies a negative setup, but on the flip side a good away point no matter how they got it i guess.

We hope so, he is a breath of fresh air, he is honest, doesnt talk crap, plays a [pleasing style of football, its a nice change.

Think we have possibly the best manager in the division, straight talking, identifies weaknesses and does something about it.

Our squad is stronger but we’re not there yet. Norwood has been our best signing imo since last season but for me our key player is Duffy.

We’re a little inconsistent at the moment but Wilder will already have a plan about what he needs to do to strengthen us further.

I reckon we’re in with a chance of automatic but more likely will end up in the play-offs.

Believe it or not I’d quite like Leeds to go up with us. Would be about time the top flight had Leeds (and us) in it again.

Can you just imagine the wrist slashing over at Swillsborough, especially after they’ve gone down to L1 as I expect..

:D:D:D

We will have to agree to disagree on the 1st line :rolleyes: Although i do respect what WIlder has done.

Thought Duffy was brilliant against us last season, such a clever player.

Your faith in Wilder is unwavering?

Id be happy with the playoffs myself, from 13th to playoffs wouldnt be a bad season for us.

Yes, i agree, few teams id like to see back in the Prem, we are both 2 of them.

They were nice enough to me on there forum so have to be kind:D, but yes, they are one of the worst sides ive seen this season, really really bad, that Reach goal aside they offered nothing for 90minutes at home, totally battered 2nd half, that shouldn't ever happen.

The squad is much stronger than last season and we seem to be drawing or winning the games we would have struggled in last season.

Norwood is a baller and Egan is a rock. The other frees etc have improved bench no end.

Who is David Brooks?

Chris Wilder is a god amongst men.

I think we will fight for top two all season IF we make 1 or 2 astute signings in the transfer window.

And finally I expect you to give us one hell of a game but hopefully we will just edge it. Lets all pray the referee is not a cunt.

Ps. Can we all sing the Sky TV is fucking shit song for 90 mins together?

Think you will go for Norwood in January permanently?

He is a columnist for the New York Times o_O

Would you still say that if he left for another job? Not saying he would of course, just wondering has he reached that status where no matter what he does he would still be held in the highest esteem.

Thats basically what i think for us, although we have 3 or 4 big players returning from injury over the next month or two so that'll help.

Hopefully we edge it . . .but yes lol hope its a good ref who allows a fair but open game and is not to card happy.

Sky will just turn the sound of totally i think :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response

Stop singing that wank song and I hope Frampton beats Warrington.

1985 - At half-time it rained wooden seats from the Bramall Lane Upper Tier. We won 2-1. Mel Eves winner in top bag at kop end.
Didn't the mardy arses also start ripping the seats out in 2002/03 when we won 2-1 in that cracker of a league cup game (Jagielka/Ndlovu)?
When it comes to L**ds, their reputation precedes them.

Didn't the mardy arses also start ripping the seats out in 2002/03 when we won 2-1 in that cracker of a league cup game (Jagielka/Ndlovu)?
When it comes to L**ds, their reputation precedes them.

Aye they did.

Doing what the pigs did was the means to an end - beaten comprehensively in 4 games prior and then parking the bus and earning themselves a clean sheet.

It’s pretty embarrassing to turn up in a derby and have no intention of trying to win it, just to draw 0-0. They did the same last season.

You’d expect in 9-10 months that they’d have progressed but they’re a clueless bunch.

Contrast with Rotherham, they had a right go and deserved to win, I have a lot of respect for teams like that. But Wednesday, none whatsoever
They did the same in the 2nd half against us, i will never know how we didnt beat them, the 2nd half was total domination, although they defended well, last ditch stuff.

It is i agree, thats what i like about Bielsa most, whatever happens we will try to win, no matter who, home or away we have a go, it doesnt always work, but at least try.

Rotherham were decent, we battered Stoke and Derby, Rotherham were our 3rd league game and they scared us, they gave a real good account, impressed me that day far more then Derby or Stoke in the previous two.

Probably just lacking that bit of quality that money can buy, but decent side.

Cjay the way we attack with the CB’s does leave us exposed at times, but the likes of Norwood and Fleck slot in, plus the wingbacks manage to cover as well. What I love is that the left and right CB’s and wingbacks can end up on the opposite side supporting the strikers. The CB’s slotting crosses in or darting into the box late to join an attack.

Coutts just hasn’t got the full fitness yet and it will take time and opportunity for him to get back in

Woodburn has only had cameos and he’s not managed to force Duffy out, whos had a fantastic start to the season. Looks lively and fitter than last season.

McG is brilliant at the link play, can pick a pass and can sit deeper if need be. He’ll never be prolific but probably creates more than he scores

Would you still say that if he left for another job? Not saying he would of course, just wondering has he reached that status where no matter what he does he would still be held in the highest esteem.

Thats basically what i think for us, although we have 3 or 4 big players returning from injury over the next month or two so that'll help.

Hopefully we edge it . . .but yes lol hope its a good ref who allows a fair but open game and is not to card happy.

Thanks for the response
Norwood is a loan with obligation to buy in January. He will be perm come 1st Jan I believe.

Thanks for the response

I would, providing we go up I don't think he would leave. I wouldn't begrudge him if he left us if he wasn't given the money he deserves to play with. I think the club owes it to him to allow him to leave to test his metal against the likes of Guardiola and that fraud Mourinho. He has already given us our club back and put us on a platform to be successful again (or at least competitive in the championship for the foreseeable future) which is more than we could have ever hoped for 3 or 4 years ago in the doldrums of league 1.

As far as I know Norwood is already a done deal to be completed in Jan. Loan to Perm already agreed 2m quid I think.

Cheers!

I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

I was wrapped around that crush barrier when it snapped. I really thought the lights were going out for good!

Hello Blades fans:)

Back again :D

Same as last season if anyone can be bothered.

Few questions ( and answers imo if anyone has any about us).

Then goes on our forum for peoples to read etc.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay.

What forum is that Cjay? Guessing LUFCtalk? Anyway, its always a decent game v Leeds. I can recall one of my earliest games was v Leeds and we won 2 - 1 (I think) back in 1993 and we finished above Leeds that season, which was some achievement given the difference in budget (Leeds have always had a big budget).

I think we'll be at our best on Saturday, the pressure is somewhat off because Leeds come as favourites but that brings its own pressure. Leeds win a game or two and the pressure mounts because its been an ice age since Leeds were last in the PL! ;-) We've had a decent record in recent times v Leeds but obviously that matters little on Saturday. Leeds certainly are much improved and will cause us some problems but I think we'll cause Leeds problems too and it'll be a tight affair. We must make sure Hernandez is given little room and make sure that Roofe is well marked, particularly in the air. Thankfully we've decent at the back when it comes to commanding the opposition in the air.

No doubt Douglas's ability on crossing will need to be watched.

I think both teams will create and it'll be a case of who takes their chances. Us winning last night is massive and the confidence from that will be huge. I think a draw is likely or a narrow win for us. I'll go 2 - 2 Blades like last time .Billy's got to get one and Leon with the other. Now he's got one yesterday I think he'll get another.

I'd say we're better and stronger than last season with more squad options also. ON our day we're contenders, but we're not always on our day.

Our weakness is breaking defensive teams down, especially those that wont leave their own half.

Respect to the op but I really really really fucking hate Leeds.
Soz.

I used to hate Leeds as much as the next Blade but got taken under the wing of the NY Whites group in the USA and they were all top blokes. Used to go out drinking with them regularly and am still in touch. The only problem was after a few beers they always started singing Leeds songs in bars and night clubs. They took a bit of humerous pride in their seat smasher reputation, but weren't violent at all.

Unfortunately with all games available in iFollow there are less exiled supporters meeting in the pubs (often 7 or 8am) for games these days - not just Leeds.

Leeds is posh compared to Sheffield, loads more money swilling around, yet they still seem to have this old fashioned reputation. Cjay, what do Leeds fans think of the Sheffield rivalries - which one of us would they most like to beat?
From memory we seem to have done well against Leeds in recent years.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Cjay.
Hi mate as others have said we’re better than last year but not the finished article. I’m sure Wilder knows what is needed for the next progression of the team the question is can we afford to get those players in. I work in Leeds so have the “pleasure “ of knowing lots of Leeds fans.
Discussed it with a number and we sound to play similar styles, pressing high to win possession back and piling lots of players forward. Whatever does happen doesn’t feel like 0-0 is too likely.

So pile your money on that as now I’ve said it can’t happen it’s nailed on!

I can’t help I’m afraid. I’ve not forgiven Leeds for those flares a few years ago. That was bad enough. But the platform soles and cheesecloth shirts just did it for me!

Cjay.

Fook off

Yeah, Norwood is a done deal as above, it's just that stupid loan window. Buy now pay next year transfer.

Back
Top Bottom