Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cjay

Reaction score
Hello:)

Anybody else absolutely dreading Saturday? :eek:

Shouldn't be, both in great form, not conceding goals, scoring well, winning well, but even so its awful:D

How the hell do you win 2-0 with 10 men for an hour? Was the goalie brilliant? Were Brentford wasteful? Very impressive. Incidentally i saw that with 10 men 2 strikers came on, thats mental :D

So yeah, stupid question really but happy so far with the season? Where did you expect to finish before the first game?

Us you and Norwich really by rights should go up automatically, but only 2 of us can, which 2 do you think?

How do you see Saturday going most importantly of all?

I see Norwood did avoid the booking so he is available, Madine isnt, big blow?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Cjay:)

Very happy with the season so far. Even if we finish in the playoffs and fuck it up, it's still a good season once you look at the bigger picture. Im hopeful that we'll sneak up straight away though, and (dare i say it) think we could win the playoffs anyway.

I'd like us and Leeds to go up. I live in Beeston so I'm close to Elland Road and it'd be good to have Premiership football so close. Also think it'd be good to have two proper Yorkshire clubs up there.

I wish we'd drawn at home. Fucking gutted by that end to the game, but it's just one of those things and Hendo has been great for us on the whole.

I think I'd take a draw now but i just hope for an exciting game. I was going to take a lad from the local area but tickets sold out very quickly so we're watching it on telly instead.

Madine is a blow as i think he'd have started on Saturday, but it's not as big a blow as Norwood would have been.

I'm hopeful we can sneak a win. Draw is fine by me though as it keeps it wide open.

I'll bite.

Against Brentford we rode our luck for about 40 minutes and it stayed 1-0 due to a combination of good saves, good luck, and incredible last-ditch defending. I did always fancy us to score or at least threaten again as they looked soft as shit at the back. For the last 20 minutes we clawed our way back into the game and it looked like they'd run out of ideas. Lots of their shots were from distance. The second goal was icing on the cake.

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought we'd be in the mix for the play offs--realistically I thought we'd be in a battle for 6th place. So obviously the season has exceeded all expectations. I think that on our day we're the best team in the division but a dodgy spell in November and December may end up costing us automatic promotion.

No idea what to expect on Saturday. The game at our place was very even, decided by a freak goal. I'd be surprised if this one wasn't pretty tight as well.

Madine has done well for us, it's a blow to lose him for three games. But our best strike partnership has remained Sharp and McGoldrick; they have great chemistry together and our best performances have come with both of them in the team.

Big game for both teams and although it could be a deciding factor for the outcome of the season in terms of promotion, with Leeds and the Blades on a role at the moment I can see it being a boring 0-0! :(
I hope I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Aye up Cjay. As a blade living in Farsley with shit loads of Leeds mates, I’d love it if we both went up. Norwich are really annoying me for some reason.

I’ll be going in the hospitality in the new(ish) stand and really looking forward to it. It’ll be a cracking game and if truth be told I’d settle for a draw.

The Brentford game was one of the performances of the season Cjay. Bodies thrown in front of shots, a goalkeeper on his A game and a manager with the balls to go 2 up top with 10 men.

This is only my opinion but I’m glad Madine isn’t available. I’ve not been totally happy with the number of options available and the changes being regularly made. Hopefully with Madine out we’ll play Sharp and McGoldrick.

I'll bite.

Against Brentford we rode our luck for about 40 minutes and it stayed 1-0 due to a combination of good saves, good luck, and incredible last-ditch defending. I did always fancy us to score or at least threaten again as they looked soft as shit at the back. For the last 20 minutes we clawed our way back into the game and it looked like they'd run out of ideas. Lots of their shots were from distance. The second goal was icing on the cake.

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought we'd be in the mix for the play offs--realistically I thought we'd be in a battle for 6th place. So obviously the season has exceeded all expectations. I think that on our day we're the best team in the division but a dodgy spell in November and December may end up costing us automatic promotion.

No idea what to expect on Saturday. The game at our place was very even, decided by a freak goal. I'd be surprised if this one wasn't pretty tight as well.

Madine has done well for us, it's a blow to lose him for three games. But our best strike partnership has remained Sharp and McGoldrick; they have great chemistry together and our best performances have come with both of them in the team.

Agree largely with this, although I'm not sorry to lose Madine if I'm honest . As for dreading the game, when you've been 6 years in the pub league, a game this big, which could go a long way to deciding promotions, is certainly not to be dreaded. We dreamed of such a game only 2 seasons ago
.Be afraid young Cjay. ;):shark:

Shouldn't be, both in great form, not conceding goals, scoring well, winning well, but even so its awful:D

How the hell do you win 2-0 with 10 men for an hour? Was the goalie brilliant? Were Brentford wasteful? Very impressive. Incidentally i saw that with 10 men 2 strikers came on, thats mental :D

So yeah, stupid question really but happy so far with the season? Where did you expect to finish before the first game?

Us you and Norwich really by rights should go up automatically, but only 2 of us can, which 2 do you think?

Not really to be honest mate, events in my life mean I don't dread a football game anymore. I used to though!

Literally no idea. Yes he was, yes they were, yes it is!

I'm delighted with the season, given the means at CW's disposal, tremendous effort by all. I'd hoped for top 6 based on the season before.

Obviously I'd love a win, but my head says score draw.

Hmmmm, a bit of blow, but I think we've got that covered.

All the best after Saturday. Never thought I'd say this but I'd rather it was us and you than Norwich.

We are slowly getting over our pessimism, with Wilder seemingly able to turn things round each time disaster is about to strike. So if we let an early goal in, we'll all be depressed and Wilder will just regard it as another problem to solve.

Signings have been good this season, and we have much better backup; but I don't think many of us expected us to be challenging for automatic promotion. We now feel we are there on merit.
I thought you would fade during your iffy spell, but there is the potential for a good battle between 2 in-form sides. We are likely to have some tired legs after last night, and the loss of Madine reduces our options. But it should not affect PlanA.

Welcome back. It is good to have a challenge to stereotypes.

"Us and Norwich by rights......???"

Ooooh reallllly? Smacks of arrogance, but hey ho, nothing changes, and those who feel entitled often see themselves as the division's royalty, until that is the peasants decide you've fleeced them long enough.

Should be an interesting game on Saturday. Not sure it'll be the 'must watch' affair that Sky builds it up as, but it will be tense, and attention to detail and the willingness to unsettle the other side will go a long way in determining who wins.....unless it's a draw.

For a team with such lovely build up play they seemed far too content to go for pot shots from the edge of the box over the extra pass. I suppose teams get criticised the other way round if they'd tried to pass it in the net and not scored but 29 shots and only 5 on target tells you what you need to know. As with all wins in those circumstances it was one part luck and five parts sheer determination.

I expected us struggle this season. I didn't think we'd strengthened enough, I didn't think some of the signings we made would be good enough. McGoldrick's proven to be a far better player than I thought, Norwood is one of my favourite players for years, and the squad players like Cranie have got us through some tough injuries and suspensions. People seem to think we're playing above ourselves and I keep seeing the same players putting out consistent performances.

Weirdly, I'm not that panicked about Saturday's game. We're doing far better than I expected, far better than our budget should suggest, and we're great to watch. I'll take anything that comes this season. Normally I'd worry about losing face or missing out on a top two spot but I really do look forward to every game at the moment.

I think both sets of fans have the usual types grossly underestimating the opposition. Neither team's manager will be that naive. The reason I think it'll be a great game is because both teams will try to win it and both will try to do it by playing good passing football. Should be a cracker.

Ooooh reallllly? Smacks of arrogance, but hey ho, nothing changes, and those who feel entitled often see themselves as the division's royalty, until that is the peasants decide you've fleeced them long enough.

Should be an interesting game on Saturday. Not sure it'll be the 'must watch' affair that Sky builds it up as, but it will be tense, and attention to detail and the willingness to unsettle the other side will go a long way in determining who wins.....unless it's a draw.

In fairness, you've completely misquoted him.

Read it again, he says "Us you and Norwich"

I’d be more than happpy with a draw.
Last night was backs to the wall defending for long periods and bringing the two forwards on helped to stop the
ball coming straight back from our clearances and was just what was needed.
Losing Madine will take away options to change the game but our front two have served us well so far so not too worried about that.
I think Norwich will go up so it will most likely be one of us two for the other place.

For a team with such lovely build up play they seemed far too content to go for pot shots from the edge of the box over the extra pass. I suppose teams get criticised the other way round if they'd tried to pass it in the net and not scored but 29 shots and only 5 on target tells you what you need to know. As with all wins in those circumstances it was one part luck and five parts sheer determination.

I expected us struggle this season. I didn't think we'd strengthened enough, I didn't think some of the signings we made would be good enough. McGoldrick's proven to be a far better player than I thought, Norwood is one of my favourite players for years, and the squad players like Cranie have got us through some tough injuries and suspensions. People seem to think we're playing above ourselves and I keep seeing the same players putting out consistent performances.

Weirdly, I'm not that panicked about Saturday's game. We're doing far better than I expected, far better than our budget should suggest, and we're great to watch. I'll take anything that comes this season. Normally I'd worry about losing face or missing out on a top two spot but I really do look forward to every game at the moment.

I think both sets of fans have the usual types grossly underestimating the opposition. Neither team's manager will be that naive. The reason I think it'll be a great game is because both teams will try to win it and both will try to do it by playing good passing football. Should be a cracker.

^^^^^ This

We are a good side and I can honestly say that as the season has gone on the less nervous I have got about the opposition. Obviously that doesn't mean that we will win every game but due to our consistently good performances I have been confident that we will play well and if we do that have a decent chance of winning.

Having said that the table suggests that Leeds have some talent as well so I expect a close but hopefully open game probably settled by either a bit of brilliance or a mistake. 2-1 Blades

I'm certainly more apprehensive about this one than the Pig game last week.

It's potentially huge for both teams.

Leeds are obviously in the box seat as a win puts them 5 points ahead of us, which is a good lead with 8 games left, if far from insurmountable.

I can see why a neutral may favour Leeds and Norwich at this point, but we've done amazingly well to put ourselves in this position at this stage, and deservedly so.

Whilst it's naturally a squeaky bum game, these are the times you crave when you're fucking around in League 1 for years and barely troubling the top 2.

Sorry but when people respect others on the forum, they can't be abused like that .
I think Wilder was right when he postulated that social media might be adding to the toxicity of the derby and society in general.
Any coward can abuse anybody at anytime on social media.
Well done for speaking up for decency.

Leeds seem to be bricking it. I saw Janson on Twitter saying it’s the game of their lives and asking the fans to turn up an hour early to cheer them on during the warm up.

I don’t feel nervous at all. We’re underdogs. It’s a free hit for us and the pressure is on them. If we get a result, great. If not, there’s still a long way to go.

In answer to the O/P...i think it's between United and Leeds to go up with Norwich now ,as they have the easiest run in,but who knows hopefully they slip up tonight.
As for Saturday,we'll be coming for 3 points as we always do...Madine is a miss,but not as much as Roofe for you...Massive game for both sides,2 attacking sides so should be a good game,and confident we can get a result.

Back
Top Bottom